///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR_Steve View Post
That's nice, I think I was the first one to raise the issue with Akra and still absolutely nothing for me! Glad to see they are trying to sort it for others none the less.
You were indeed, and I chimed in afterwards as I purchased the exhaust shortly after you and had the clearance issue. Akra has sent me a set of new rubber mounts, and hoping the results are in line with 1M Roo and the issue is addressed. Problem is, I won't be able to test for a while...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jezzer View Post
Is this unique to the UK market or now Global?
I am having the clearance issue here in the US, so it is not localized to the UK market. Perhaps we are all part of a bad batch?
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #46
GTR_Steve
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M Roo
Basically it is a completely different design of exhaust hanger that now gives equal distance on the sides and top of the exhaust and stops its rubbing on the top and or sides of the diffuser. Will go and photo to show you all!
When you quote exhaust hanger are you referring to the metal hanger mounted on the vehicle and/or exhaust or the rubber mounts attached to these hangers? Pics would be greatly appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 09:56 PM   #47
Mdawood
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: vo 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR_Steve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M Roo
Basically it is a completely different design of exhaust hanger that now gives equal distance on the sides and top of the exhaust and stops its rubbing on the top and or sides of the diffuser. Will go and photo to show you all!
When you quote exhaust hanger are you referring to the metal hanger mounted on the vehicle and/or exhaust or the rubber mounts attached to these hangers? Pics would be greatly appreciated.
+1
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2012, 11:41 PM   #48
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR_Steve View Post
I believe it is revised rubber mounts only, not the metal hanger itself.
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #49
1M Roo
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 1M & 640d Gran Coupe M Sport

Yes it is just the rubber itself which is now a diamond shape, haven't got any pictures prior to install. Suggest your dealer/supplier speaks to Akra and point them in the direction of what they sent Parr. Parr also seemed to think that the official UK importer Titanium Performance is losing/giving up their franchise...
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #50
Jezzer
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Series 1 m coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1M Roo View Post
Yes it is just the rubber itself which is now a diamond shape, haven't got any pictures prior to install. Suggest your dealer/supplier speaks to Akra and point them in the direction of what they sent Parr. Parr also seemed to think that the official UK importer Titanium Performance is losing/giving up their franchise...
So how's the back box with the new rubbers now you've had it on the car for a few days?
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2012, 07:12 AM   #51
1M Roo
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes all good no banging noises and no more signs that it is rubbing. Waiting for new carbon tips to come, when they are on that will be the acid test!
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2012, 10:45 PM   #52
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

I just installed my system yesterday and I dont see any alignment issue.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=23

To be fair I dont have tips yet so I will re-evaluate once I install tips.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 09:03 PM   #53
Tigumz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M-VO; Z8(03)-Blk

Garage List
2003 BMW Z8  [0.00]
2011 Bmw 1M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
I just installed my system yesterday and I dont see any alignment issue.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...7&postcount=23

To be fair I dont have tips yet so I will re-evaluate once I install tips.
When I installed my evolution system a couple of days ago, I also found no issues with alignment.The pipes have good clearance under the diffuser, HOWEVER, IMO, there is enough "play" in the tips to either have adequate clearance or not. I spent at least 45 mins tightening and untightening and adjusting the tips to get them where I wanted.....I noted the rubber hangers were diamond-shaped.......

Last edited by Tigumz; 06-11-2012 at 10:32 PM.. Reason: oops, meant to say diamond shaped
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #54
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigumz View Post
When I installed my evolution system a couple of days ago, I also found no issues with alignment.The pipes have good clearance under the diffuser, HOWEVER, IMO, there is enough "play" in the tips to either have adequate clearance or not. I spent at least 45 mins tightening and untightening and adjusting the tips to get them where I wanted.....I noted the rubber hangers were triangular-shaped.......
Rubber hangars were diamond shaped for me.

Also my diffuser is a SLek not the OEM
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #55
GTR_Steve
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M Coupe

I received and installed new rubbers from Akrapovic a few days back and the issues appear to be resolved. Loving the exhaust even more now!
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #56
1M Roo
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep

Just had my new Akra tips installed by Parr so will now watch and wait to see if teh rubbing has been cured...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 04:19 AM   #57
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Guys, any pics of these new rubber hangars? I never received any rubber hangars with my set up - I just used to stock ones!

Just installed my N55 midpipes + Akra Slip-ons with Wireless kit + CF tips on Sunday. Love the sound, perfect set up with the valve! However, I do hear some banging in the back when I go over small bumps. I hate noises in my car!!! I just want to hear my exhaust, nothing else!

Last edited by Sheil; 07-17-2012 at 08:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2012, 11:05 AM   #58
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheil View Post
Guys, any pics of these new rubber hangars? I never received any rubber hangars with my set up - I just used to stock ones!

Just installed my N55 midpipes + Akra Slip-ons with Wireless kit + CF tips on Sunday. Love the sound, perfect set up with the valve! However, I do hear some banging in the back when I go over small bumps. I hate noises in my car!!! I just want to hear my exhaust, nothing else!
I should be seeing mine in a week or two, maybe less, and i will snap some pics for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 10:23 AM   #59
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
I should be seeing mine in a week or two, maybe less, and i will snap some pics for you.
Thanks!

Quote:
Rubber hangars were diamond shaped for me.

Also my diffuser is a SLek not the OEM
Pape, do you have a pic of your diamond shaped rubber hangers? You received them along with your Akra package?

Really weird I didn't get any hangers whatsoever!

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #60
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks!

Pape, do you have a pic of your diamond shaped rubber hangers? You received them along with your Akra package?

Really weird I didn't get any hangers whatsoever!

I don't think I got any hangers either in the box, simply use your stock ones. Where in part lies the issue. Which may be why newer shipments of the exhaust come with the diamond shaped ones.

I believe someone mentioned that the 'new' diamond-shaped hangers are actually a BMW part, so don't think it is anything Akra specifically developed, but will know for sure once I see them.

Last edited by ///M1; 07-20-2012 at 10:40 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 06:12 PM   #61
Papethova
Banned
Rep

My post was in response to someone referencing triangular hangers.

My OEM BMW hangers are diamond shaped.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #62
Sheil
Private First Class
Switzerland
Rep

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [10.00]
Quote:
My post was in response to someone referencing triangular hangers.

My OEM BMW hangers are diamond shaped.
Aha! I see. Mine are triangular like ///M's. So you have no clearance or banging issues with the diamonds Pape?
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2012, 09:01 PM   #63
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Aha! I see. Mine are triangular like ///M's. So you have no clearance or banging issues with the diamonds Pape?
My hangers appear identical to the hangers on my 135. Im guessing we are talking about the same hangers.

Ive attached a pic of something similar
Attached Images

Last edited by Papethova; 07-20-2012 at 12:41 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #64
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Pics of stock vs. 'revised' exhaust hanger rubber mounts

Finally got the new exhaust rubber hangers installed today, which had been sent to me by Akra. Took some pictures of the stock hangers that came with the car (and caused the rubbing against the sidewall of the diffuser), and the revised ones. Keep in mind both are BMW original parts, not quite sure which application these come from, but in Akra's testing they seem confident these should resolve the issue.

In the 80 mile trip back from the shop, so far so good, my exhaust tips are well aligned related to the side of the diffuser openings. My only small complaint is that now the exhaust sits higher, almost too close to comfort to the top of the diffuser, but it is quite possible the rubber mounts will 'settle' under the weight of the exhaust and there will be more clearance.

While both are diamond shape, notice the differences: first pic are the new ones, second are the stock that came with the car.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-15-2014, 12:15 PM   #65
Jay-K
Brigadier General
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Finally got the new exhaust rubber hangers installed today, which had been sent to me by Akra. Took some pictures of the stock hangers that came with the car (and caused the rubbing against the sidewall of the diffuser), and the revised ones. Keep in mind both are BMW original parts, not quite sure which application these come from, but in Akra's testing they seem confident these should resolve the issue.

In the 80 mile trip back from the shop, so far so good, my exhaust tips are well aligned related to the side of the diffuser openings. My only small complaint is that now the exhaust sits higher, almost too close to comfort to the top of the diffuser, but it is quite possible the rubber mounts will 'settle' under the weight of the exhaust and there will be more clearance.

While both are diamond shape, notice the differences: first pic are the new ones, second are the stock that came with the car.

Hi,
I'm having the same problem here,,,
my hangers are shaped like a pear shaped.

I'm really confused on this one..