BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

06-29-2012, 07:32 PM   #1
JSAN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Eisenmann with Downpipes

I am looking at getting a eisenmann midpipe and eisenmann race rear muffler.

I am worried that if I add an AR downpipe also it will drone. Can anyone with eisemnann and downpipes answer this?

Any thoughts or feedback plz. Or suggestions for alternative setup.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
carlosii
Second Lieutenant
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 1M

I have the Eisenmann race exhaust and the drone is very loud on the cabin. I can't imagine it with less restrictive downpipes, will be very annoying...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
Rsmatt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1m v/a

The eisenmann with down pipes is far too loud and the down pipes create a very loud buzz between 1800-2200 revs I had to change my exhaust the noise was unbearable! Imran @ evolve has a sound clip of my exhaust not good! I have swapped it for the evolve/super sprint set up much better now!
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 04:20 AM   #4
Underwood
BMW > Audi+ Merc. Simple math.
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 14' Wrangler

Also drone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosii View Post
I have the Eisenmann race exhaust and the drone is very loud on the cabin. I can't imagine it with less restrictive downpipes, will be very annoying...
I'm also running race exhaust, with flash upgrade. The drone is really present, much more than stock. Still thinking of adding downpipes with higher flow, if the sound is unbearable, I guess I'll have to add a Peltor intercom system

Drove: 2014 M5 Competition Package, 2012 1M, 2010 GT-R
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #5
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

I Have the Eisenmann race axleback, with the N55 mids, and the only drone I get is between 2000 and 2100 RPM.. not that bad, that its annoying..
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 02:44 PM   #6
JSAN
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rsmatt View Post
The eisenmann with down pipes is far too loud and the down pipes create a very loud buzz between 1800-2200 revs I had to change my exhaust the noise was unbearable! Imran @ evolve has a sound clip of my exhaust not good! I have swapped it for the evolve/super sprint set up much better now!

What mid pipe do you have? How is the evolve unit the. As an alternative? Is it almost as loud as the eisenmann with less drone or is it close to stock?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 05:54 PM   #7
Rsmatt
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 1m v/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSAN View Post
What mid pipe do you have? How is the evolve unit the. As an alternative? Is it almost as loud as the eisenmann with less drone or is it close to stock?
The eisenmann exhaust is absolutely fine with the standard downpipes the problem arose when I had de-catted downpipes fitted it is really loud and has a really bad buzzing sound between 1800-2200 this was not present before I fitted de-catted downpipes if your not fitting de-cat downpipes the eisenmann is the best sounding exhaust in my opinion
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 06:41 AM   #8
h-manuk
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BSM 1M Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
I Have the Eisenmann race axleback, with the N55 mids, and the only drone I get is between 2000 and 2100 RPM.. not that bad, that its annoying..
Hi, I'm currently running the eisenmann race with the soundpipe and find it drones too much. I really like the eisenmann sound and want to keep it so will be trying the n54 and n55 midpipes which should help make it more manageable. I appreciate there will be drown with any after market exhaust!

In your opinion what is the noise, drone compared to stock set up please based on your current set up?
Current mods: Forge FMIC, N55 Midpipe, Alcantara Steering Wheel, OEM 2012 LCI Black lines, BMW Performance grilles and pedals, Ohlins R&T suspension, Supersprint Exhaust, BMS Charge Pipe, Forge Diverter Valves
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2012, 04:53 PM   #9
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by h-manuk View Post
Hi, I'm currently running the eisenmann race with the soundpipe and find it drones too much. I really like the eisenmann sound and want to keep it so will be trying the n54 and n55 midpipes which should help make it more manageable. I appreciate there will be drown with any after market exhaust!

In your opinion what is the noise, drone compared to stock set up please based on your current set up?
To be honest, I didn't have any drone with the stock OEM setup, and I replaced the N54 mids to the N55 mids within the first 200km's..

IMO, you should replace the sound pipes with the N55 mids and NOT the N54 mids.

The sound and power increase with the N55's is awesome.. Like I mentioned in my previous post, very slight drone around the 2K RPM, but only really for about 500RPM.. Its is not annoying and you can always downshift to 5th till you past that drone RPM zone...
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2012, 12:13 AM   #10
VO 1M
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1M Coupe

I have the Eisenmann Sport incl their midpipes. I heard it with 200cel downpipes as well. Sounds deeper, no annoying drone. Around the 2000 RPM it just is very deep, sounds great:-)
The Sport version is not that loud, while criising it is more silent then stock because of the missing drone.

Last edited by VO 1M; 08-10-2012 at 12:05 PM..
Appreciate 0