BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-23-2007, 10:15 AM   #23
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

^^^Agreed
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 05:34 PM   #24
Devon K
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: TBD

The Tiff test conclusion is a foregone one anyway -- Tiff loved it and preferred it over the rival car, otherwise BMW would not be flogging the test and including it in the video...
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 09:31 PM   #25
Ryephile
Not a Newbie
Rep
Drives:

I wish the animation of the chassis modeling was higher resolution; that would've been very cool to see. Thanks for posting the video!
      12-25-2007, 07:04 AM   #26
SnakeDoc?
Gold Member
Rep
Drives:

Hey guys - first post though I've been lurking for a few months. I saw the entirety of this video at my local dealer's in London. It is a BMW promotional video for salespeople (the only reason I got shown it is that the guy dealing with me didn't really know what he was doing) as the presenter acknowledges shortcomings of previous BMWs, which you wouldn't see in a vid meant for the public. They also have advice about sales pitches for young people, older drivers etc.

Tiff does subsequently do timed laps with both cars (the rival is a new TT 3.2 Coupé) and raves about the bimmer saying it's better at everything BUT in terms of time the 135i only wins by a marginal amount. I don't think he was lying about prefering the 1er, unfortunately I can't remember the specifics for you as it was some time ago and I had just finished a nightshift so was nodding off. Anyway, I was convinced before I saw the video!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 10:39 AM   #27
SCA
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Multiple BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. No View Post
WTF, it is exactly like the car I ordered!!!

Le Mans blue, 261M rims, lemon interior... I like it much more than I though!!!
:thumbup:

Too bad the US Market is getting the shaft once again. My 0.02, Le Mans Blue would be a popular color.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2007, 11:50 AM   #28
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
At least he didn't say the engine was in the back LOL
      12-25-2007, 01:07 PM   #29
joelk
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeDoc? View Post
Hey guys - first post though I've been lurking for a few months. I saw the entirety of this video at my local dealer's in London. It is a BMW promotional video for salespeople (the only reason I got shown it is that the guy dealing with me didn't really know what he was doing) as the presenter acknowledges shortcomings of previous BMWs, which you wouldn't see in a vid meant for the public. They also have advice about sales pitches for young people, older drivers etc.

Tiff does subsequently do timed laps with both cars (the rival is a new TT 3.2 Coupé) and raves about the bimmer saying it's better at everything BUT in terms of time the 135i only wins by a marginal amount. I don't think he was lying about prefering the 1er, unfortunately I can't remember the specifics for you as it was some time ago and I had just finished a nightshift so was nodding off. Anyway, I was convinced before I saw the video!
thanks! exactly what i wanted to know. if you remember anything else please post.
      12-25-2007, 03:17 PM   #30
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Mmm interesting. Tiff has preferred BMW in the past but I am surprised the 135i won only by an margin