BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-15-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Issue W/ Pos Rake

Hey guys I'm trying to figure out a way that I might reduce the Pos rake I have w/o buying coilovers or cutting springs. The vehicle is currently sitting on H&R springs with M-Sport shocks, any suggestions?
      09-15-2013, 11:23 PM   #2
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0110001 View Post
Hey guys I'm trying to figure out a way that I might reduce the Pos rake I have w/o buying coilovers or cutting springs. The vehicle is currently sitting on H&R springs with M-Sport shocks, any suggestions?
Cutting springs? Jeeze did you really even say that?

Are you running stock tire sizes? Any pics of the rake? Is this stance unique to your car or do others with this setup report the same issue? Try looking into spring pads for the rear.
      09-16-2013, 12:31 AM   #3
Harlequin
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F32 Coupé

Garage List
The H&Rs have fairly obvious rake on them. The Eibachs are much more neutral but still have a tiny bit...
      09-16-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry for the late reply... Yea 3002, someone in my BMW car club actually suggested that; I almost passed out! I'll try to post a pict soon but it seems like all of the pictures of cars lowered o H&R's seem to have that Pos rake. Does anyone have any good links for aftermarket spring pads?
      09-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #5
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

oh and the car is running stock tire size...
      09-17-2013, 09:59 AM   #6
MIAblu1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 Monaco Blue 135i

I wanted to drop the car on H&R super sport springs since they give the most drop but that rake is the only thing holding me back... And coils are 4x the price of the springs just to have an even drop
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
Stan.mac
Second Lieutenant
Rep

exactly, I'm thinking that if the lower spring mount for the rear is changed out to the M3/335i rear spring mount, it might fix the problem.