BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-25-2015, 09:40 AM   #1
thedabmane
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 128i

Unhappy 09 128i light conversion

Not am I only new to this forum but also too BMW. I bought an 09 128i 2 months ago and for the past 2 months I have been buying multiple conversion kits for HIDs. Now I know my car does not have factory equipped HIDs, they are halogens. I HATE the yellow rings and I want the beautiful bright white/blue lights. Every time I get a kit either they plug in and flicker or they do not even fit the plugs too clamp into the light itself. SOMEONE..ANYONE know how to convert these or just get lights that will fit/work in my car so that I do not have anymore yellow. Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 12:05 AM   #2
reisf
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Ok im a little bit confused. Are you talking about the angel eyes (aka the rings) or the actual low/dipped beam? Because if you have angel eyes you have xenon/HID headlights?

If you're talking about the rings, you shouldn't be using HIDs, try looking for H8 LED Bulbs like this http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/DTEC-CREE...item3f4914d2dc. The come with a canbus harness which removes the flickering.

I've got similar ones on my car and they look like this:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-27-2015, 02:06 AM   #3
mechavore884
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: the fat mobile

Quality AEs (I can THOROUGHLY vouch for DTECs) will be brighter and not throw codes, however in regards to both rings being the same brightness that depends on your headlights (whether LCI or not I believe)
6MT/CDV Delete/Injen Intake/berk race exhaust/ Cyba Scoops/ECS cryo rotors/Axxis ultimate pads/H&R coils/BBS LM-esque lol/BMW PE front/whiteline sway/and did i mention 2200 at 1 ohm ...eyeing the auto diff currently
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
johnbradshow
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: I have brand new Audi R8

I upgraded my Halos to white LED and they are 3 times brighter than the factory ones. Planning to do HID now...
Appreciate 0