BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #1
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
New Tint / Clear Bra Place in the Valley / LA

My mom got a new X1 M Sport and she really needed some tint. I had heard about this place through a friend and checked them out on yelp. It's called Unique Auto Films in Encino / Tarzana.

She was extremely happy with the price / quality of the job. So I figured I'd let my fellow 1 addicts know. I'll definitely be taking my next car here for a tint / clear bra job.

She ended up with going with 50% ceramic tint on the sides and rear windows, and 70% ceramic tint on the windshield. It came out perfect. It's light enough not to warrant any cop attention, but dark enough to camouflage the interior, especially at night.

Here is my Yelp Review:

My mom ended up getting a new BMW X1 and the heat here in SoCal is pretty unbearable for a car without tint. I ended up telling her about this place since I had heard about it from a friend and sent her there without me.

Quality of the Work: She was very impressed, and as was I. The tint has no bubbles or deformations anywhere to be seen. I've had plenty of my cars tinted before and I've always found some type of small defect but not here. Everything looked perfect.

Customer Service: Customer service was great, she was only able to bring the car in on Saturday but because there are a lot of cars that come in on Saturday it was hard to schedule something. They stepped up and told her to drop the car off in the morning and pick it up sometime around 2pm which was the most convenient for her. I call that customer service since they knew she could only come on Saturdays and still managed to get her to get the job done.

Store Cleanliness: I'll let her describe this one. "Everything shows class here. As you pull into the professional plaza you can see right away exotic high end cars parked with the uniquely colored body wraps and designs. This will tell you that the owner of the expensive cars trust them to be treated by Unique Auto Films. You also can get massage next door while waiting for the service to get done on your toy-)

Conclusion: I would definitely recommend bringing your car here, I was able to send my mom to get her tint done without any problems and it came out great. At an amazing price as well! I called around some of the other shops in the Valley and they were all higher than Unique Auto Films.

Last edited by cooler2442; 08-06-2013 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #2
BBBluey
Major
Rep
Drives: very slow and courteous

Which brand of tint? 3m or Llumar or...?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2013, 11:14 PM   #3
cooler2442
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 1/18 Monte Carlo Blue E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBluey View Post
Which brand of tint? 3m or Llumar or...?
Llumar was used.
Appreciate 0