BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-24-2008, 05:48 PM   #1
bill_m3
Registered
Rep
Drives:

What do you think of this combination?

I think I've narrowed down the options I want and I'm looking for opinions. This will be a daily driver and I live in warm weather. I plan on keeping the car for awhile (6+ years). I'm not going Premium audio as I'll be adding after market Subs/Amps/Speakers. Being the only driver I'm ditching electric seats (don't want the weight). I'm willing to spend more money, but just don't see any other options that make sense. Let me know what you think of this combination. Is there anything I'll be sorry I didn't get?

2009 BMW 135i
Alpine White
Leatherette
Glacier Silver Aluminum Trim
Sport Package ($1100)
HD Radio ($350)
iPod and USB adaptor ($400)
MSRP: $38,275

Some things I'm still struggling with:

Color
I'm sort of still debating on the color as I like Sedona Red and Space Grey Silver too. I've never seen either in person yet. I know this is purely subjective but any strong opinions, let me know.

Leatherette
I was always planning on leather, but every comparison I read seems to have more people in favor of leathette. But I'm still on the fence a little.

Trim
I've yet to see Glacier Silver Aluminum Trim. Are you guys happy with this? I don't really like Wood.

ED in Winter vs Custom Order
I'd like to order soon, but that means delivery in Europe in the middle of winter. I calculated that winter tire rental would run around $1000 (I'd be dropping the car off in Italy so have to pay Ed's to pick it up too). Plus, it seems that most people are paying ED MSRP whereas with custom ordering, many are getting below MSRP. These two factors quickly erode the savings of ED. So savings is not the decision point here. Is the experience worth doing ED in crappy weather?

Thanks,
Bill
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 06:57 PM   #2
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
My advice - get to a showroom and see the colors in person. AW is very popular, but could be very plain if you don't customize with wheels or other visuals. Same goes for the inside. They don't offer coral in leatherette so you better see and sit in person. As for the ED, the word I hear from everyone, starting with my dealer, is do NOT drop your car off in Italy unless you don't want to see it again for a very long time.