BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-18-2013, 07:10 AM   #1
Harold Wood
Chopperphoto
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Loadsabimmers

Lightbulb BMW ActiveE Electric Development Vehicle at the Wood.

In preparation of the Wood becoming a BMW i dealership BMW UK are displaying one their BMW ActiveE Electric Development Vehicles.
I was lucky enough to have a test drive and after a quick run through from the lovely Emma from BMW it was now time to push the start button, absolutely no sound at all! It was now time to get use to the regenerative braking system, basically foot on the accelerator to go and foot off to stop, sounds simple but it does take a second to get use to this (steering wheel on the wrong side as well!).
Now on to the open road, we had the windows open and the noise is similar to a jet engine (although a lot quieter!) A short drive in traffic and then time to give it a blast, it is instant and I would probably compare it to a 135i. Emma said the power is about 170bhp.
The vehicle will be at Harold Wood for the next few days so if you want to pop in and have a quiet word with Emma she will tell you all you want to know about this stunning development vehicle.

Totally hooked
Attached Images

Last edited by Harold Wood; 06-19-2013 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0