BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-12-2017, 10:41 AM   #23
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

The most difficult time for an internal combustion engine cold start. The lubricants are at their least-protective stage, having drained away since the engine was shut down – not completely, but enough that during the first couple of revolutions from start-up, lubrication/protection is minimal until the systems are up to speed and fluids flowing freely.

So a BLOCK heater as opposed to an remote-start, is the BEST way to go, far safer and "more" legaller lolz
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2017, 05:29 PM   #24
iminhell1
C2H5OH
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 SG 135i auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaye944 View Post
The most difficult time for an internal combustion engine cold start. The lubricants are at their least-protective stage, having drained away since the engine was shut down – not completely, but enough that during the first couple of revolutions from start-up, lubrication/protection is minimal until the systems are up to speed and fluids flowing freely.

So a BLOCK heater as opposed to an remote-start, is the BEST way to go, far safer and "more" legaller lolz

And a block heat circulates oil how?

Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 04:38 PM   #25
jaye944
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a

A block heater warms an engine to increase the chances that the engine will start as well as warm up the vehicle faster than it normally would in extremely cold weather.

Heaters are also available for engine oil so that warm oil can immediately circulate throughout the engine during start up. The easier starting results from warmer, less viscous engine oil and less condensation of fuel on cold metal surfaces inside the engine; thus an engine block heater reduces a vehicle's emission of unburned hydrocarbons and carbon monoxide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
And a block heat circulates oil how?

Appreciate 0