BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-23-2015, 04:59 AM   #23
froop
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 AW 6MT E82

Quote:
Originally Posted by PermanentCraving
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PermanentCraving View Post
Well, I guess I'll order both and not drive too hard in the meantime.

ER seems to be a pretty highly regarded brand around here, what do you think?
I recommend the ER Charge Pipe. It's probably the most popular charge pipe for the N54. I would recommend ordering the 09 version aka the long version as it replaces the plastic factory elbow section as well (also a known weakpoint) and I think it's an extra $50. It doesn't hurt to get a bung or two to future proof it for methanol injection, but that's entirely up to you. Anodizing isn't necessary but it looks a lot more stealth. But to answer your question, yes go with Evolution Raceworks
Hmm brilliant.

I was considering getting a bung or two but I'm not 100% sure I want to run meth as it's completely illegal here in Aus, isn't it?

EDIT: completely illegal assuming you don't jump through all of the hoops.
I've read through the VSCCS (or whatever it is) and it doesn't state anywhere that meth is illegal. Nitrous is illegal but not meth. Though I'm sure it would require some form of certification if they were to find it.
      05-23-2015, 06:49 AM   #24
PermanentCraving
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: '08 AW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by froop
Quote:
Originally Posted by PermanentCraving
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86
Quote:
Originally Posted by PermanentCraving View Post
Well, I guess I'll order both and not drive too hard in the meantime.

ER seems to be a pretty highly regarded brand around here, what do you think?
I recommend the ER Charge Pipe. It's probably the most popular charge pipe for the N54. I would recommend ordering the 09 version aka the long version as it replaces the plastic factory elbow section as well (also a known weakpoint) and I think it's an extra $50. It doesn't hurt to get a bung or two to future proof it for methanol injection, but that's entirely up to you. Anodizing isn't necessary but it looks a lot more stealth. But to answer your question, yes go with Evolution Raceworks
Hmm brilliant.

I was considering getting a bung or two but I'm not 100% sure I want to run meth as it's completely illegal here in Aus, isn't it?

EDIT: completely illegal assuming you don't jump through all of the hoops.
I've read through the VSCCS (or whatever it is) and it doesn't state anywhere that meth is illegal. Nitrous is illegal but not meth. Though I'm sure it would require some form of certification if they were to find it.
I was under the impression that it wasn't strictly illegal (I probably shouldn't have used that term), just that it is classified as a fuel source and has to be housed as such (external fuel tank and a bunch of other things) and because it burns invisibly, you need to run stickers to alert people of the fact (I think).
      05-23-2015, 11:40 PM   #25
DR-JEKL
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Space Grey E92 335i 6MT

The meth lines from the tank would also need to be shielded, to prevent 'fuel' from entering the cabin in case of a line rupture.

A mate is currently building a muscle car with custom fuel tank and has been spending a lot of time with the engineers, he is fabbing up some conduit to run the fuel lines in from the boot to underneath the body.
Appreciate 0