BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-14-2011, 08:46 PM   #1
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

My Pops wants an active E

Does anybody know how these things will be optioned? I'm assuming that they won't have a back seat like the Mini e and that it'll has some fun graphics.

I know the signups start in a month or two and he wants it as a commuter car and it will be clean passed for the HOV lane.

Do you signup online? Or do you need to walk into a dealer?

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:35 PM   #2
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

All I know is that it's only available as a two year lease for $499 / month with a $2250 down payment.

You can sign up for updates (or sign your pop up) at http://bmwactivatethefuture.com/ , and as the launch date gets closer, everyone on the mailing list will be getting more detailed updates about it and how to obtain one.

Hope this helps a little at least. I don't really know much about it, and from what I gather, BMW isn't really telling us much at this point anyway..

EDIT: also, no rear seat from what I can see in any of the pre-release pictures / artwork / material.

DOUBLE EDIT: ^^^ THATS WRONG THERE ARE FOUR SEATS

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Last edited by 1speedbike; 06-14-2011 at 09:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Just watched a video made by BMW at the NY autoshow

It has all four seats and the use of the trunk

I already signed both of us up for those updates

It's RWD with 50/50 weight distribution. They put batteries in the engine compartment and the transmission area with the motors on the rear axle

I wonder if us long time 1addicts can get on the list a day or two early :hmmm:

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #4
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Just watched a video made by BMW at the NY autoshow

It has all four seats and the use of the trunk

I already signed both of us up for those updates

It's RWD with 50/50 weight distribution. They put batteries in the engine compartment and the transmission area with the motors on the rear axle

I wonder if us long time 1addicts can get on the list a day or two early :hmmm:

I was going by some weird illustrations they made showing the internals of the car, but I guess the point was to show off the mechanics and not the seating, haha.

The 50/50 distribution is nice. The 170 PS (for an electric car) is also nice. The 3900 lbs.. not so nice. Still, i'd at least hit up one or two local dealers and just see what's up with the car. Maybe even ask to speak to a manager about it, since in the NYC area the salesguys don't always seem to be the most knowledgeable about anything..

Let us know if you get any more info. My dad's into this kind of stuff too, and he likes my car.. except for the "fast" part of it, so this might actually be up his alley as well..

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0
      06-14-2011, 10:02 PM   #5
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

My parents moved last month about 30 miles further out on LI than they were before.

My dad cant stand the commute in traffic or 2 hours on the train and hes not willing to drive the crapfest that is a Prius in order to hit up the cleanpass HOV lane

He loves my car in every way, he just needs to be able to get into the HOV lane for his commute.

He runs a job site in the city and can install the charging station at home and at work so range will never be an issue for him.

So the Active E just sounds perfect for him.

Last edited by BrokenVert; 06-14-2011 at 10:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2011, 08:44 AM   #6
AW128i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 N51

I want an Active E 1-series. Problem is, I don't live in the NY metro area, though I do work in it. It would benefit me greatly, having a 64-mile roundtrip commute every day for work and all.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2011, 06:15 PM   #7
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep

Bumping this hoping for hopes that a dealer can make it happen for me

Appreciate 0
      07-01-2011, 03:55 PM   #8
11Series
Rep
Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Bumping this hoping for hopes that a dealer can make it happen for me
It doesn't look like the dealerships are handling this program. You have to sign up online at bmwusa and work directly through them.

According to "BMW_Matt" who is an administrator on BMW's page, the reservation period hasn't opened yet. But when it does open, it is purely first-come, first-serve. So unless you know a dealership really really well, and they can slip you some inside information with BMWUSA, your father will have to wait and sign up through the reservation process once it opens.

http://forum.bmwactivatethefuture.co...67&postcount=7

06-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to BMW_Matt
Those completing the reservation process will be leased a car on a first come, first serve basis.

Because you're already signed up and should soon start receiving updates, you will be among the first to know when details of the reservation process are available.

http://www.bmwusa.com/activee

The experience of a lifetime will begin right here at BMWUSA.com with the BMW ActiveE online reservation. The reservation process will open in late 2011. In the meantime, sign up to receive updates, exclusive content and notification when registration begins. This way, you’ll be among the first to know the latest news about the only vehicle that is both 100% Electric and 100% BMW.

* Lease Information
* Participating Markets
* No-Cost Maintenance
* Questions?
Appreciate 0