BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Gstocco2121
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Some one please help

I have a 2009 135i and i just hit 46,000 miles. The only mods I have are JB4, Bms Intake, and AR Downpipes.

Ok so about a month ago my airbag randomly goes off so I took it to the dealer they said it would be no problem they would look at it. Within 45 minutes they let me know that all it is that the car needs a software update and normally they charge for this for CPOs but this one was free. So I said go ahead and do it. They call me later on and tell me my rear brakes need to be replaced because they were under 3mm and at 2mm the censor would go off and I told them ok I will take care of it and the SA got all pissed off. So I go to pick up my car the next day and the air bag light is gone but all the sudden before I even put the car in drive mysteriously the brake light is on.

Sorry for the rant but it just really pissed me off cause what is the coincidence that they told me the light would be going off soon and I turn the car on and the light is on.

Ok so this leads me to my real problem that same day as I am entering 95 I accelerate to about 4,000 rpm's and all the sudden my car jerks and the engine malfunction light turns on and then goes away after 30 seconds. (I went on and took it some where else and got the brakes done and did the oil change also). I was thinking maybe it was bad gas or something but then a couple days later after the oil change I gave it some throttle so enjoy the sound of my car and the same thing happens. Then about 3 days ago I would accelerate and it would kind of jerk and not accelerate smooth at all but no light turned on.

If anyone has any idea what this could be please give your input. I would appreciate your help or any suggestions you guys have.

thanks again
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #2
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Sounds like a simple misfire. Can you read the codes?

Out of curiosity, which dealer did you go to?
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
Experimental
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 328d M-sport Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan View Post
I have a 2009 135i and i just hit 46,000 miles. The only mods I have are JB4, Bms Intake, and AR Downpipes.

Ok so about a month ago my airbag randomly goes off so I took it to the dealer they said it would be no problem they would look at it. Within 45 minutes they let me know that all it is that the car needs a software update and normally they charge for this for CPOs but this one was free. So I said go ahead and do it. They call me later on and tell me my rear brakes need to be replaced because they were under 3mm and at 2mm the censor would go off and I told them ok I will take care of it and the SA got all pissed off. So I go to pick up my car the next day and the air bag light is gone but all the sudden before I even put the car in drive mysteriously the brake light is on.

Sorry for the rant but it just really pissed me off cause what is the coincidence that they told me the light would be going off soon and I turn the car on and the light is on.

Ok so this leads me to my real problem that same day as I am entering 95 I accelerate to about 4,000 rpm's and all the sudden my car jerks and the engine malfunction light turns on and then goes away after 30 seconds. (I went on and took it some where else and got the brakes done and did the oil change also). I was thinking maybe it was bad gas or something but then a couple days later after the oil change I gave it some throttle so enjoy the sound of my car and the same thing happens. Then about 3 days ago I would accelerate and it would kind of jerk and not accelerate smooth at all but no light turned on.

If anyone has any idea what this could be please give your input. I would appreciate your help or any suggestions you guys have.

thanks again
Are there any codes the car is throwing?
      11-05-2013, 10:08 PM   #4
Gstocco2121
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig Farmer View Post
Sounds like a simple misfire. Can you read the codes?

Out of curiosity, which dealer did you go to?

braman in west palm
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #5
Gstocco2121
Private First Class
Rep

i am going to check for codes tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 07:09 AM   #6
Pig Farmer
Major
Rep
Drives: E92M

Quote:
Originally Posted by acmilan View Post
braman in west palm
I figured it was Braman. I have serviced my car 3 times at Braman and each time i had to bring it back the following day because they f*cked something up. Just happened to my girlfriend's 650i last week. She went to get the window seal fixed and the car dropped all it's coolant the day after she picked it up. I looked at the service report and they "replaced" the valve cover gasket and "cleaned" the engine bay without saying a word to her. The same exact thing happened to a guy I work with the week before. Coincidence? I think not. Braman's service department is worthless.
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #7
Gstocco2121
Private First Class
Rep

Ok so I tried to read codes through my dash and it blinked 4 times indicated there is no codes stored
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 09:44 AM   #8
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

You'll need to use a scan tool to read history codes.

edit: or do what he said and hook your laptop to the JB4 and read it.

Last edited by Billup; 11-06-2013 at 10:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
c_ozanich
Mech Engr
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i 6MT

hook laptop up to JB4 to read the codes... might be a file issue between new software and file type on JB4; just a guess though. Won't know until codes are given
Appreciate 0