BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-24-2015, 02:12 PM   #67
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
So you are gonna tell me that Leonard deserves the defensive player of the year award over Green and DJ? Sorry, I really don't see him beating either Green or DJ for the award. Green plays 5 position for the Warrior and he is the reason why the Warriors are the best defensive team in the league. Green rebounds and has more blocks per game than Leonard.

DJ is a freaking beast all season long. League rebounder and top 5 in blocks for the whole regular season. He makes a significant difference for the defense and clogs the paint.

Reading your posts tells me you know nothing about basketball.

I will agree with you that Green or DJ could have easily won the award over Kawhi, and I as a spurs fan would not feel anyway. I am very wary of giving these awards to guys who have missed significant time over others who have played more.

(Hence my reason for not liking it that KD and Westbrook were All Stars or Westbrook as good as he was to be an MVP candidate)

However Neither DJ or Draymond green are better defenders than Kawhi Leonard.
you have to remember, before this season Green was a bench player in GS. Kawhi Leonard is the finals MVP and he did not get that award necessarily for his scoring but because of his DEFENSIVE work on Kevin Durant in the conference Finals and LeBron James in the NBA Finals.
He has guarded every single MVP candidate from Curry to Harden to Westbrook to LeBron and has shut them down when he does.
the Spurs have been struggling this season without him, but almost ended up with a far better record and seeding than the clippers on the run they made when he returned to the lineup.

D'Andre Jordan is not a great defender, he is an excellent help defender and shot blocker but is not good on man to man D (Tim Duncan ate him fir Lunch in game 2 and will continue to do so for this series)
So we can agree that Draymod green is just as deserving (though not a better defender) than Kawhi, but D'Andre Jordan's qualifications are based a lot on hype and numbers rather than true defensive work
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #68
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

The refs are absolutely dry fracking the Mavs right now!
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2015, 10:53 PM   #69
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 GR Zupra

Leonard career high 32, shutdown D on CP3
GO SPURS GO

sorry we didnt have to come back from 20 down to the Pelicans cause our D was not as great as GSW and Daymond.....
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #70
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Reading your posts tells me you know nothing about basketball.

I will agree with you that Green or DJ could have easily won the award over Kawhi,and I as a spurs fan would not feel anyway. I am very wary of giving these awards to guys who have missed significant time over others who have played more.

(Hence my reason for not liking it that KD and Westbrook were All Stars or Westbrook as good as he was to be an MVP candidate)

However Neither DJ or Draymond green are better defenders than Kawhi Leonard.
you have to remember, before this season Green was a bench player in GS. Kawhi Leonard is the finals MVP and he did not get that award necessarily for his scoring but because of his DEFENSIVE work on Kevin Durant in the conference Finals and LeBron James in the NBA Finals.
He has guarded every single MVP candidate from Curry to Harden to Westbrook to LeBron and has shut them down when he does.
the Spurs have been struggling this season without him, but almost ended up with a far better record and seeding than the clippers on the run they made when he returned to the lineup.

D'Andre Jordan is not a great defender, he is an excellent help defender and shot blocker but is not good on man to man D (Tim Duncan ate him fir Lunch in game 2 and will continue to do so for this series)
So we can agree that Draymod green is just as deserving (though not a better defender) than Kawhi, but D'Andre Jordan's qualifications are based a lot on hype and numbers rather than true defensive work
Sounds like you don't know much about basketball. You are bringing up what Leonard did in the previous season. Who gives a f*** what he did last season. The award is what NBA players accomplished this season.

If Leonard wasn't on a team that won the championship, I really doubt he would have won the DPOY award. He missed 1/4 of the season (played the least game to win the award) and the Spurs ended up in the 6th seed. While Draymond Green was consistent the whole season. He played practically every game throughout the whole season and missed a few games for rest for the playoffs and led the Warriors to the best defensive team in the league and #1 seed in the NBA. He is the most versatile defender in the league playing every position.

One of the analyst explained this perfectly. Because of the rivalry between the Clippers and Warrior. Their own media would put either Jordan or Green first then Kawahi second and Jordan or Green 3rd (or not even at all since 32 analyst didn't even think Green deserved to be even 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place for the DPOY).

BTW, more like Jordan ate Duncan for lunch? He shot 40% on game 1 scoring 11 points, 33% last night in game 3 with 4 points. He had 1 good night with 28 points.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 02:49 PM   #71
Inspired
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

BTW, I forgot to mention that a few analyst came out and said they totally forgot to vote for Draymond Green.

Quote:
Jabari Young, who works for CSN Northwest after previously working for outlets in San Antonio and Philadelphia, got some attention today after admitting that he forgot to include Draymond Green on his Defensive Player of the Year ballot. In his words, Mr. Young “completely ignored” Draymond as a candidate for that award and All-Defense team consideration. While completely blanking on a pivotal player on the league’s best defense raises plenty of doubts, Mr. Young posting the rest of his choices made me even more skeptical of his engagement with the league as a whole.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #72
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

There were voters who left Leonard off their list as well, just didn't come out and publicly said it.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2015, 04:30 PM   #73
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Sounds like you don't know much about basketball. You are bringing up what Leonard did in the previous season. Who gives a f*** what he did last season. The award is what NBA players accomplished this season.

If Leonard wasn't on a team that won the championship, I really doubt he would have won the DPOY award. He missed 1/4 of the season (played the least game to win the award) and the Spurs ended up in the 6th seed. While Draymond Green was consistent the whole season. He played practically every game throughout the whole season and missed a few games for rest for the playoffs and led the Warriors to the best defensive team in the league and #1 seed in the NBA. He is the most versatile defender in the league playing every position.

One of the analyst explained this perfectly. Because of the rivalry between the Clippers and Warrior. Their own media would put either Jordan or Green first then Kawahi second and Jordan or Green 3rd (or not even at all since 32 analyst didn't even think Green deserved to be even 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place for the DPOY).

BTW, more like Jordan ate Duncan for lunch? He shot 40% on game 1 scoring 11 points, 33% last night in game 3 with 4 points. He had 1 good night with 28 points.

Let's be honest , green can guard and be successful at 2/3/4 but would struggle nightly guarding true centers like gasol and have no chance defending quick PG is Paul, Westbrook

Leonard can guard 1/2/3 and most 4s but is also undersized for the bigger centers
Both were deserving but only 1 would feel like he was "snubbed", the other would just go about his business winning another championship
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2015, 12:45 AM   #74
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Perkins is a foking douchesack. Can't believe the refs allowed that fugger to stay in the game after that double flagrant on Crowder (who we could use now but gave up due Rondo lame ass).
And the refs once again attempted to hand the game to the Rockets.
My Mavs tonight... That was the game play of a desperate team not ready to go home... Heart & Pride
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2015, 02:48 AM   #75
pikkagtr
Go Spurs Go
United_States
Rep

JR Smith needs to get suspended longer than 2 games for that Dirty Thug move.

on a lighter note, SPURS WIN!!! what a great game
Race for Seis is still on
GSG!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2015, 07:55 PM   #76
richardbb85
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: e92 m3

game 6 tonite, should be an exciting game.
      05-01-2015, 11:17 AM   #77
JoeyH335i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i

Wow! To game 7 for the Spurs and Clips on Saturday! Rockets are going to be lazy come game time on Monday for whom ever wins the LA and San Antonio series.

I am just here to help!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 12:36 AM   #78
Bryant@TMB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
^ I did not expect a game 7 from this matchup. Really thought hte spurs were gonna take it easy
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 12:53 AM   #79
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

GO CAVS!!!
      05-02-2015, 02:46 PM   #80
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

Spurs/Clippers game 7. It's going to be good. Go Spurs. I hope Bulls take out the Cavs..
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2015, 09:53 PM   #81
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Clippers take down Spurs!
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #82
Efini
Silent Service
Rep
Drives: BMW

great game 7 yesterday. sucks that they had to play each other in round 1. tons of respect between the players it was fun to watch. rockets vs clips should be good. warriors vs grizzlies is pretty good so far.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 01:20 PM   #83
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Quote:
-WEST-
Round 1:
Warriors beat Pelicans in 4-5
Rockets beat Mavericks in 6
Clippers (barely) beat Spurs in 7
Grizzlies beat Portland in 5
My first round West was spot on except the Rockets got it done 1 game sooner. My East predictions weren't so good but I don't follow the East at all so don't care lol.

Clippers literally did just barely beat the Spurs in 7!

It sucks being right.
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 01:26 PM   #84
avantegardestyle
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 ///M3 SG

Quote:
Originally Posted by vividracing View Post
My first round West was spot on except the Rockets got it done 1 game sooner. My East predictions weren't so good but I don't follow the East at all so don't care lol.

Clippers literally did just barely beat the Spurs in 7!

It sucks being right.

Spurs have no one but themselves to blame, been playing Russian roulette all year an finally paid the price.
Duncan at 39 was the Spurs best player in this series.
Still a great player but you are not going to win in the Playoffs with Timmy carrying the team.

NBA just named Steph Curry the MVP

Congrats to him, he deserves it. Only In my opinion the bear should have won. that takes nothing away from Curry though.

Memphis is in trouble, big time trouble

I expect the Rockets to beat the Clips.
Watch out for the Rockets. If Dwight Howard is Healthy and engaged no one is beating them........
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #85
vividracing
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 335i, F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by avantegardestyle View Post
Spurs have no one but themselves to blame, been playing Russian roulette all year an finally paid the price.
Duncan at 39 was the Spurs best player in this series.
Still a great player but you are not going to win in the Playoffs with Timmy carrying the team.

NBA just named Steph Curry the MVP

Congrats to him, he deserves it. Only In my opinion the bear should have won. that takes nothing away from Curry though.

Memphis is in trouble, big time trouble

I expect the Rockets to beat the Clips.
Watch out for the Rockets. If Dwight Howard is Healthy and engaged no one is beating them........
I have the Warriors beating the Grizzlies, and the Rockets beating the Clippers.
PM, Email, or Call Directly for aggressive BMW Member Pricing
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 12:28 PM   #86
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

Go Bulls. If Cleveland losses, I could see the excuses now. Love was hurt, and JR being JR. I don't care who wins, I just want to see a good series. Rooting for Golden State to win it all.
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2015, 01:47 PM   #87
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

reminds me of 2011 when Bulls beat Heat in ECF game 1.. i still think Cavs in 6
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2015, 11:01 PM   #88
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

Since the Spurs got eliminated, its difficult for me to watch any playoff games. The remaining teams don't hold my interest, with the exception of Golden State. And the only reason I watch GS, is because I'm amazed how Curry gets off his shots.
Appreciate 0