BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-17-2014, 12:00 PM   #89
Agent-GHQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg

Actually, they r shootout capable..... hence the Patriots game back in 2012. Burn the clock with the ground pounding but seeing the Rams did a great job stuffing gore/Hyde may prompt another strategy.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 05:52 PM   #90
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Just heard that the guy that got knocked out in the restroom at Levi's Stadium is partially paralyzed. Such a tragic event. When I was at the game a few weeks ago there were some fans arguing and wanted to fight each other. The sad part is that they were rooting for the same team!!
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 12:21 PM   #91
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 335i (E90)

Garage List
Despite being unable to get a touchdown or a 1st down on two 4 and 1 plays, the win against the Rams gave me hope that the Niners were back on the right track after that ugly field goal kicking "win" against KC but last night's embarrassing loss against Denver made it all too obvious what serious weaknesses the Niners have on both offense and defense.

With the loss of Aldon Smith, Navarro Bowman and Patrick Willis, the defense last night was a patchwork quilt of players who couldn't defend the pass to save their life. Manning, who obviously is a great quarterback, picked them apart. The loss of the center, Kilgore, along w/the loss of guard Iupati further diminished the offensive line, which made both Kap (6 sacks, 1 INT, 79.3 QBR) and Gore (20 yds rushing) look painfully ineffective.

Fortunately, the Niners have a bye week coming up and then play the Rams (2-4) again, who they already beat but beating them again is NOT guaranteed, given all of the Niner injuries, especially since the Rams incredibly beat the Hawks, who are having their own problems, this week.

After the Rams, the Niners have a relatively weak upcoming schedule facing the Saints (2-4), Giants (3-4), Redskins (2-5) and Raiders (0-5) but they still have to play the Hawks (3-3) twice, the Cards (5-1) and the Chargers (5-2) -- the Cards and Chargers currently being the best of the lot. The Hawks' schedule seems equally weak. The Niners and Hawks seem to have similar problems but the Hawks always give the Niners problems, especially at home in Seattle. The Cards have also already beaten the Niners once this season. On the other hand, the Cards have to play Dallas (6-1), Philly (5-1) and Detroit (5-2) in the next 4 weeks, all of which have winning records. So, there's a chance they may lose 1 or more of those games. Assuming the best possible result, the Niners will go 10-6, the Hawks 9-7 and the Cards 9-7 and win the division but that's a LONG shot.

That said, the Western Division of the NFC currently belongs to the Cardinals and, with both the Niners and the Hawks having problems, it looks like it's theirs to lose AND, for now, neither the Niners or the Hawks are leading wildcard contenders. So, this year may be the 1st time in a long time that neither the Niners or Hawks make it to the playoffs.

We'll see . . .

Last edited by SSW; 10-20-2014 at 08:30 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 05:30 PM   #92
txpge
Registered
Rep
Drives: F250

That was a tough game for the Niners last night, but I have faith that Harbaugh can get them back on track.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #93
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

If anyone is interested I have 2 tickets available for the 49ers v Rams game tomorrow at Levi's! PM me for details im selling them cheap!!

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2014, 03:14 PM   #94
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
After the ugly loss against the Rams yesterday, die hard Niners fans (like me) have A LOT of cause for concern.

The Niners have NEVER looked worse on offense than they did yesterday. The defense, despite the injuries and loss of key players, did well enough holding a sub-par Rams offense to only 10 points BUT the Niners' offense has A LOT to answer for in this loss.

Clearly, the offensive line is severely deficient and the loss of the Kilgore (the starting center) last week is only one part (but a key part) of the problem. The missed snaps, the 3 fumbles (2 of them lost) by Kap and the 8 SACKS are the symptoms of a VERY serious problem with the offensive line starting w/the replacement rookie center Miller.

On the final offensive play for the Niners, they have the chance to win the game. All they had to do was punch the ball over the goal line from the 1 yard line with a quarterback sneak. Only problem was that Kap fumbled the snap and Miller got "stood up" and the Rams defense line BEAT the Niners offensive line off the ball and pushed them back (or at least held them to NO GAIN).

Frankly, from what I saw on the video, I don't think Kap EVER had possession of the football and lost possession of the ball before he ever got in. The officials thought likewise and the video was insufficient to determine other wise. Rams win.

There's a lot of blame to go around in this loss but, if you're finger pointing, I look primarily at the coaching staff and Kap. The play calling in this game was pretty questionable, especially since Gore only ran for 49 yards on 14 carries, they didn't use Gore on the goal line stand and that Kap completed only 22 of 33 attempts, which doesn't sound that bad, but his many of his "misses" for throw-aways under pressure or clear misses by Kap on the throws.

As for Kap, I've NEVER been a big fan of his. When he was winning, everyone thought he was an "elite" quarterback BUT I've NEVER thought that of him. What Kap does well is RUN and improvise on the RUN on broken or designed plays when there's no one on him; that's what made him LOOK effective and exciting. But, the Niners have not been letting (or even encouraging) Kap to run anymore. From what I've seen, the Niners have been trying to turn Kap into a pocket quarterback BUT Kap is NOT a pocket quarterback.

In fact, he is NOT a very good quarterback in general. He is slow to read and react to changes in the defense. He is slow to FIND his 2nd or 3rd options in passing plays. He's slow to realize that time's running out on the clock and has to take too many unnecessary times outs. He is too slow to realize that he's going to get sacked (while he's trying to figure out what the defense is doing and who's open) and RUN (which is what he does BEST). And, when he does run, while under pressure, he gets tunnel vision and can't see an open man to save his life, which usually results in him throwing the ball away.

Just compare his performance with Manning's in the Niners/Broncos game and the differences in the "quality" of the quarterbacks is clear. Yes, there is ONLY 1 Peyton Manning but the way Manning assesses the defense and finds the open man UNDER stress compared with Kap does is like night and day and makes clear how deficient Kap is in the position.

That said, the coaching staff (starting w/Harbaugh) ALSO has to take a lot of responsibility for the more recent loss and current disarray of the team starting w/player development and ending w/play calling. The players are required to "execute" the plays called by the coached BUT a lot of the calls in the Rams game clearly sucked. Only 4 rushing 1st downs?!! The Rams just shut down the rush and could key on the pass, which became equally ineffective because of that. What's up with that?

The Niners will be lucky now to end the season 10-6 (and even so, I don't think they'll make the playoffs) but in order to do that they'll have to win 2 out of 3 from the Seahawks (who they meet twice) and the Cards (who they meet once more) and will have to take 4 out of 5 from the Saints, Giants, Redskins, Raiders and Chargers in the next 8 games, which I think will be VERY hard for them to do the way they look now.

Frankly, after their performance against the Rams, I think the Niners may well end up just 8-8. That'll happen if they take only 1 of 3 from the Seahawks and Cardinals and only 3 of 5 from the Saints, Giants, Redskins, Raiders and Chargers -- the Giants, Redskins and Raiders being the most likely victims, which is the more likely scenario because I don't see the Niners taking more than 1 of 2 from the Hawks and, given how they are playing, I don't see them taking the remaining game from the Cards.

Even so, they have a chance to go 10-6 with wins against the Saints and Chargers, but the Saints are playing at home and seem to have a better team (even though their record is the same as the Niners') and San Diego is still a team to be reckoned with even though they have cooled off after starting off the season fast.

So my guess is the Niners will end the season no better than 8-8 and that HEADS will fly afterward.

We'll see . . .

Last edited by SSW; 11-06-2014 at 09:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 02:27 PM   #95
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Steve Young -- Niners "Look Broken"

Here's a disturbing report of comments made by Steve Young (the HOF, 3x SB winning Niner QB) quoting him saying that:

"They [the Niners] look broken." And, "There’s a bad vibe. Guys on and off the field.’ … A lot of complaining, a lot of moaning coming off the field.”

See: Steve Young on the Niners

Guess Dejon Sanders might have been "right" about the locker room dissension after all.

See: Niner Players Unhappy with Harbaugh?

Apparently Jerry Rice (another HOF, 3x SB winning Niner WR) thinks Harbuagh's days as coach are numbered and that he'll be GONE next year.

See: Rice on Harbaugh

But Montana (the HOF, 4x SB winning, 3x SB MVP Niner QB) isn't so sure.

See: Montana on Harbaugh

WINNING is a cure for whatever ails the Niners.

If the Niners can turn it around with at least a 10-6 ending record, everything should be ok because they'll have to go 6-2 in the last 8 games, which should be good enough to stop the whining and complaining that's apparently happening in the Niners locker room BUT if they to 8-8 or end up with a LOSING record, I think Jerry is probably right.

Harbaugh will be GONE and the Niners will be looking for another coach to save the team from itself.

We'll see . . .

PS: Here's a VERY interesting article by ESPN on Harbaugh which exposes some front office conflict and how he can be VERY difficult to deal with.

See: ESPN Profile on Harbaugh

Last edited by SSW; 11-05-2014 at 03:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 08:16 PM   #96
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Thanks for losing sunday guys. My hawks needed it.

Although the cards are ripping everyone a new ass..
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #97
BKap08
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevorM3 View Post
Thanks for losing sunday guys. My hawks needed it.

Although the cards are ripping everyone a new ass..
both our teams are not looking good, especially my niners. The cards need to lose a couple more games hahaha

|2010 E90 LCI 328i|Matte Black grilles|35% Ceramic Tint|Black Chrome Varrstoen ES2|ST Coilovers|Mtech Front Bumper|
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #98
Wraith.
Captain
Rep
Drives: ED '11 Z4 35is

Will somebody explain last week to me: if they are the superior team, why didn't they just tie it up with a FG and beat the Rams in overtime?! Why in the hell would you risk the entire game on one play?! It just doesn't make sense, unless Harbaugh didn't feel they could win in OT....

Last edited by Wraith.; 11-07-2014 at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #99
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith. View Post
Will somebody explain last week to me: if they are the superior team, why didn't they just tie it up with a FG and beat the Rams in overtime?! Why in the hell would you risk the entire game by on one play?! It just doesn't make sense, unless Harbaugh didn't feel they could win in OT....
Good point that I haven't heard anyone else mention yet.

I don't think Harbaugh (or the Niners) like the idea of playing for a tie BUT your point is well taken. If they couldn't get the ball in on 3 downs, reboot and kick the field goal. Tie the game and let your defense (which was doing a pretty good job vs the Rams) get you the ball back and try to win the game another way; maybe with another field goal.

Obviously, they thought they could punch it in BUT history would say that was NOT likely, especially on a QB sneak (which they have seldom run w/Kap) and not a power rush w/Gore through a gap or an end run by Kap (which in my mind would have been the best choice). Beats me!
      11-09-2014, 06:39 PM   #100
GarySL
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 Carrera 4S

Respectable win in NO, always a tough W in the Superdome.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 07:24 PM   #101
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarySL View Post
Respectable win in NO, always a tough W in the Superdome.
The Niners came out of the gate looking good. 2 rushing TDs in the 1st quarter, after NOT scoring a rushing TD in the past 5 games. Led 14-3 at the end of the 1st quarter. 2nd quarter was a push w/1 TD for each team with the score 21-10 at the 1/2.

Niners had a chance to get at least another field goal before the 1/2 but Kap failed to realize that there was a full double safety blitz in play on the Niner 44 w/1 min to play and was stripped of the ball. The only thing that prevented the Saints from scoring a TD to close the score to 21-17 was an interception by Culliver.

The Niners came out flat in the 2nd 1/2 and didn't score a TD in the 2nd or 3rd quarter due in part to a number of dropped passes, another drive stopping sack and apparently giving up on the rushing game which got them the 1st 2 TDs of the game. In the meantime, the Saints came back to score 2 TDs to take the lead 24-23 w/only 1:46 left in regulation. Looked like the Niners were in deep doo-doo again.

After 3 incomplete passes, Kap was able to do what he does well (one of the few things he does well) and completed a desperation 4th down pass to Crabtree for a 51 yard completion around the Saints' 27 yard line.

After 3 MORE incomplete passes, the Niners finally settled for a 4th down FG to tie the game. Why they didn't go for a 4th down field goal against Rams last week is still a puzzle. In any event, the Niners still almost a lost the game when Brees completed a Hail Mary Pass to Graham for a TD w/only 4 secs remaining in regulation, which was negated when a penalty was called against Graham for pushing off. Game ends tied 24-24 and goes to OT.

In OT both teams were forced to punt on their initial possessions. So, the game went to sudden death on the Saints 2nd possession. But, the Niners defense was able to sack Brees and recover a fumble on the Saints 15, which Dawson was able to knuckleball through the uprights for a FG. Niners win UGLY 27-24.

Although the Niners offense looked good at the start of the 1st half, the offense virtually disappeared (as it has so often this season) in the 2nd 1/2.

The DEFENSE won this game for the Niners with the end zone interception at the end of the 1st 1/2 and the game winning fumble recovery in OT. After scoring 2 quick rushing TDs in this game, the Niners seemed to abandon the rush and return to the pass with very poor results, which resulted in too many drops and punts. There were also too many sacks -- 4 of them -- on Kap, which still indicates a problem w/the offensive line.

So, although the win is welcome, it does NOT mean that the Niners' problems are solved but it does take some pressure off of the team for the time being. Winning this game also improves the possibility of the team going 10-6 and maybe -- just maybe -- making it to the playoffs, especially if they can win the next 2 games against the Giants and Redskins, to go 7-4 before they have to meet Seattle at home on TG.

Let's hope they can continue winning until then. GO NINERS!!!

Last edited by SSW; 11-09-2014 at 07:40 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 08:09 PM   #102
MR92
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: 07 335i e92

"one of the few things he does well" OK arm chair GM
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 08:52 PM   #103
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Man I was rooting for them to win this one and thought that they had lost it when the second half started. They were doing so well and then it looked like they took their foot off the gas. That was a very close win.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2014, 10:34 PM   #104
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Niners got an early Christmas gift from the Saints, er, Drew Brees.
      11-10-2014, 12:08 AM   #105
Mardio
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5

Lovely fumble from Mr Brees.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2014, 04:04 AM   #106
Agent-GHQ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW ///M3 E92 MT Comp Pkg

Let's just say that A. Brooks made a clean force fumble this time around. "I don't believe in karma."
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 07:04 PM   #107
SSW
I Can't Drive 55
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The Niners UGLY and win ONLY because of the DEFENSE!!

The Niners only managed 3 FGs in the 1st 1/2 and only 1 passing TD in the 3rd quarte to for 16 points which was enough to win ONLY because of HUGE defensive plays including FIVE interceptions (2 that were in or near the end zone) that held the Giants to only 1 TD & a FG. The Giants still had a chance to win w/a minute to go and took a 4 down defensive series (resulting in 4 incomplete passes) at the end for the Niners to hold on to the win at 16-10, despite NO rushing TDs the entire game and no scoring at all in the 4th quarter.

The win was significant because KC beat the Seahawks to put the Niners in a 6-4 tie with the Hawks behind the Cards, who won despite the loss of Carson and are now 9-1 (currently the best record in the NFL). Don't think the Niners or Hawks have any chance of overtaking the Cards for the Division Title but they are still in the running for a playoff berth if they can make it to 10-6 or better.

The Niners have win at least 4 of the remaining 6 games (including 2 against the Hawks, 1 against the Cards and 3 vs the Redskins, Raiders and Chargers) to do this. It won't be easy BUT, if the defensive can play as well as it has the past 2 weeks, it should be enough to keep the Niners close enough to win, even if the offense continues to bog down and sputter as it has most of the year.

PS: If the Niners are Hawks falter, keep an eye out for the Rams (4-6) who already beat both the Hawks & Niners this year and just beat the BRONCOs too!!!!

GO NINERS!!

Last edited by SSW; 11-17-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2014, 10:40 PM   #108
bmw1racer
bimmerphile, technogeek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E82 6MT Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSW View Post
The Niners UGLY and win ONLY because of the DEFENSE!!
Correction: ONLY because of Eli Manning.

Hard to believe that he out-turnovered Mark Sanchez, 5 to 4.
      11-21-2014, 06:30 PM   #109
Efini
Silent Service
Rep
Drives: BMW

49ers aren't going anywhere...
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2014, 09:32 PM   #110
OneRib
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Very odd year so far for the niners. They have beaten some good teams but don't have 1 single game where they put it all together. The Bears loss looks worse and worse (in hindsight I think its even more atrocious than the Rams).

I would really like the offense to get something going against Washington.

Is it me or is Kap determined to throw it to Crabtree whenever its most critical or they are in the redone. You think he has him on his fantasy team?

Get it to Bolden and Stevie Johnson in the red zone (if passing).
Appreciate 0