BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
vrsix
Rep
Drives: 123d

workshops in parramatta

hello, I am relatively new, however I don't post much on forums. I prefer to private message, however the forum thinks I am rather new

anyways. I have being searching previous post for workshop recommendation however am stumped at the moment. can someone briefly recommend some shops in parra I can take my 123D to. I would take it to some of the other places in the north shore, but they don't offer courtesy cars which make it an inconvenient.

I would take it to trivett, but they have quoted 260$ for my 15k km inspection and 550$ for one with an oil change. seeing that some of you guys have gotten much cheaper rate, any recommendation would be appreciated.

>wal
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 08:12 AM   #2
banglemangle
Lieutenant
Azerbaijan
Rep
Drives: bmw135

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrsix View Post
hello, I am relatively new, however I don't post much on forums. I prefer to private message, however the forum thinks I am rather new

anyways. I have being searching previous post for workshop recommendation however am stumped at the moment. can someone briefly recommend some shops in parra I can take my 123D to. I would take it to some of the other places in the north shore, but they don't offer courtesy cars which make it an inconvenient.

I would take it to trivett, but they have quoted 260$ for my 15k km inspection and 550$ for one with an oil change. seeing that some of you guys have gotten much cheaper rate, any recommendation would be appreciated.

>wal
Streuth!!!

Oil change (for petrol turbo) = $230
15k Inspection = Negotiated Free on the basis that they dont actually do anything!

Dealer = Think Factory
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #3
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

ALS in Rydalmere are good (me thinks that's the name).
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #4
Taymaishu
Banned
Australia
Rep
Drives: I love massive black cocks

Garage List
2009 125i  [5.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vrsix View Post

>wal
Head up Widsor Rd. About 500m before the Cumberland Hwy intersection and the big home-maker outlet centre, there's a specialty BMW and German car auto centre. They are Trivett's recommended repairer. They did my transmission, front cross member, front bumper and tranny sump for a repair and did an awesome job.

Alternatively I can give you the details of my mechanic in Mona vale (far, I know) who will do an oil change for 150 or there abouts.

Did my four brakes and oil, handbrake check last week for 550.

Let me know if you want his details - he's been doing my dad's Ferrari, STi and my subarus and now the BMw for years. Used to race e46 M3s so he knows what he's doing!
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
vrsix
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
ALS in Rydalmere are good (me thinks that's the name).
great thanks. I'll give them a call.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 08:07 PM   #6
vrsix
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taymaishu View Post
Head up Widsor Rd. About 500m before the Cumberland Hwy intersection and the big home-maker outlet centre, there's a specialty BMW and German car auto centre. They are Trivett's recommended repairer. They did my transmission, front cross member, front bumper and tranny sump for a repair and did an awesome job.

Alternatively I can give you the details of my mechanic in Mona vale (far, I know) who will do an oil change for 150 or there abouts.

Did my four brakes and oil, handbrake check last week for 550.

Let me know if you want his details - he's been doing my dad's Ferrari, STi and my subarus and now the BMw for years. Used to race e46 M3s so he knows what he's doing!
is that parramatta smash you are talking about? if so, they only do repairs.

can you please pm me your mechanic's detail.
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #7
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

Try Peak Performance at Parramatta. They offer courtesy cars if you need one.
      01-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #8
vrsix
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guran View Post
Try Peak Performance at Parramatta. They offer courtesy cars if you need one.
I've read more bad post than good post about them, so I don't really know who to believe.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 02:45 AM   #9
mra
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i

Exoticars would be the place to go. They do more work on Porsche and Ferrari but plenty of Audi and BMW as well. Just a good set of experienced guys.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2011, 11:38 PM   #10
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

Who would you rather believe? A few loudmouthed keyboard jockeys? Or a substantial number of longserving BMW and MINI owners who are regulars in the BMW Drivers Club of NSW? Your choice. Peak know their stuff. I know I'd be servicing my car at Peak if I lived near them.
      01-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #11
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Who would you rather believe? A few loudmouthed keyboard jockeys? Or a substantial number of longserving BMW and MINI owners who are regulars in the BMW Drivers Club of NSW? Your choice. Peak know their stuff. I know I'd be servicing my car at Peak if I lived near them.
Good to know, I've been looking for some reputable mechanics. I'll check them out next time.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 02:34 AM   #12
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

Quote:
I can't say I agree with that.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #13
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

I have a mate with a 335, he had a workshop install a procede (early version) and given it was done by professionals the state of his wiring loom in the DME was shocking.

Always pays to check the workmanship and ensure your 100% satisfied with what has been done, regardless of the people doing the work.
Vishnu PROcede V5 | VK Motorworks FMIC | AR Design OCC | Forge DV's | Bilstein PSS9 | M3 Lower Control Arms & Caster Rods | Quaife LSD | HiTech Exhaust | BMW Performance Illuminated Door Sills | BMW Performance Gear Selector & Boot | BMW Performance E-Brake Cover
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 09:32 AM   #14
mra
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOPALX View Post
I have a mate with a 335, he had a workshop install a procede (early version) and given it was done by professionals the state of his wiring loom in the DME was shocking.
I think I know the car you are talking about. Black coupe, stuttering all the time with the procede?
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2011, 02:06 PM   #15
WOPALX
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mra View Post
I think I know the car you are talking about. Black coupe, stuttering all the time with the procede?
Black e92 yes, but he's been running a flash for several years now.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 02:12 AM   #16
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
I can't say I agree with that.
+1. Also ALS still exists? Thought they went under after people found out an unqualified mechanic was working on cars..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 02:31 AM   #17
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attuale View Post
Also ALS still exists? Thought they went under after people found out an unqualified mechanic was working on cars..
Really...Didn't know about that.

Have had work done there and they were excellent.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 06:12 AM   #18
vrsix
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attuale View Post
+1. Also ALS still exists? Thought they went under after people found out an unqualified mechanic was working on cars..
yes, andrew certainly still exist. he works by himself now and does not have any helpers. I booked my car in for a simple service and he was fantastic. was very helpful and gave me an education on e30s and other differences between new and old cars. I believe he mainly does work on modified bmw's, so I was surprised he went through the effort of servicing my 123.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2011, 07:21 AM   #19
///M-pressed
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
Really...Didn't know about that.

Have had work done there and they were excellent.
Ah this was a while ago, talking about 2-3 years ago. Things have probably changed. But no, not many people knew that.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 07:25 AM   #20
tyorll
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

which BMW dealer is best for a service (last under warranty)? I am nearest to Parramatta, but are they reasonable?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 07:33 AM   #21
Jeef Beef
Lord Captain Commander
Australia
Rep
Drives: a sleeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyorll View Post
which BMW dealer is best for a service (last under warranty)? I am nearest to Parramatta, but are they reasonable?
I would never personally go to Trivett ever again.

E82 135i M-sport: SGM/6MT/Black
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2011, 11:16 PM   #22
dtcoff
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 F22 M235i

Quote:
+1. All my BMWs over the past 15 years have been serviced by them.