BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-02-2013, 06:00 PM   #23
timhatimay
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M3

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
2009 135i  [0.00]
My vote is for Performance Suspension. I did tires first on my car and it made a major improvement to grip and performance. However, it is not as noticeable during daily driving. Actually, going to non-RFT, the turn-in and cornering can feel a bit softer, because the sidewalls are very stiff on RFT.

I later did the BMW Performance Suspension, and it was a dramatic improvement to everyday driving. In my opinion it is a great starting point to a daily driver or weekend warrior. The car feels very planted, and it helps with some of the body roll. I believe it actually made the car more comfortable too. The bumps are abrupt, but dampen much more quickly and smoothly. Overall its a great improvement and a great starting point to suspension upgrades. Can easily add camber, control arms, bushings, sways, etc. later on.

BUT once you get the chance add some better tires and lighter wheels and it will be a great combination. If you were going for greatest improvement on an auto-x course or track, I would definitely recommend tires, however for your goals, go for the suspension!

Tim