BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-23-2009, 05:19 PM   #45
zbladejr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
It's already done for the most part. While BMW cut MSRP on a lot of these....they didn't change dealer cost on the parts to any extent. Lower MSRP + same dealer cost = no better discounts unfortunately.
I have a hard time believing that. Basically what you're saying is that they are sticking you with lower margin opportunity on future sales. Not only is that bad business practice, it is generally unacceptable business practice. It would mean the BMW dealer stores become more competitive against you guys - seems to me a sure way to give you incentive to push non-BMW OEM parts.

But, if that's what they do, then it shows their general lack of respect for the dealer community.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2009, 06:19 PM   #46
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

I was wondering the same thing.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 07:34 AM   #47
Irishace
ElevenPointFive
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbladejr View Post
I have a hard time believing that. Basically what you're saying is that they are sticking you with lower margin opportunity on future sales. Not only is that bad business practice, it is generally unacceptable business practice. It would mean the BMW dealer stores become more competitive against you guys - seems to me a sure way to give you incentive to push non-BMW OEM parts.

But, if that's what they do, then it shows their general lack of respect for the dealer community.
Could not agree more, I find it hard to believe this.
      12-24-2009, 08:39 AM   #48
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbladejr View Post

+ 1

I'm pretty sure BMW would cut prices across the board to dealerships as well as customers. Why would they stick you with a lower margin? Doesn't make any sense.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #49
Evan@Tischer
Rep
Drives: Online Parts Sales

Quote:

You guys are preaching to the choir here.

I didn't post my explanation to open a can of worms here or make any bad blood w/ BMW and their dealerships. I honestly have no idea why they did this (it's definitely not something that has been done before)...perhaps to move some additional inventory..? My posting was simply to explain the pricing descrepency on some of the parts...and why our discounts are as such. If things change (our cost goes down) we'll absolutely adjust our online pricing as it's our mission to offer the best pricing on all BMW parts/accessories. At the same time, we must maintain a specific profit margin on our parts as we have to pay our bills associated with running such a unique online business.

Perhaps this was done to allow other dealerships to compete with us as it would limit the amount we can discount....however Jason and I are confident we'll still remain successful as there are very few other dealerships that have the knowledge, passion, drive, and determination to run a top-notch e-commerce site out of a dealership as we do. If the playing field is leveled by the pricing structure imposed on the dealership...we believe our customer service will still bring our customers back time and time again.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure BMW would cut prices across the board to dealerships as well as customers. Why would they stick you with a lower margin? Doesn't make any sense.
They didn't stick us with a lower margin....they made a lower margin for all dealerships on some of these items. We all purchase the parts at the same cost from BMW...and they determine MSRP.

Thank you, and Happy Holidays.

Contact Us | Facebook | Twitter | New: Shop Porsche & Audi parts!
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 10:12 AM   #50
Justin(OKC)
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1988 M3, 1990 M3, 1998 M3/4

Garage List
1998 BMW M3/4  [10.00]
2011 BMW M3 Sedan  [9.28]
1988 BMW M3  [9.40]
1990 BMW M3  [10.00]
2008 BMW 135i - sold  [0.00]
2003 BMW M3 - sold  [0.00]
This is an interesting exchange of dialogue. I thought I would throw in my take. BMW will do what BMW will do.... I worked with Evan to put together an anthracite headliner kit for my car. I was previously working with Dan @ United, but with their recent issues I asked Evan and got the list of parts and prices together. Right at the last minute, I thought....if I'm going to pay this much shipping on the headliner then I might as well pay the tax here in town if they will give me the same deal. I went to my local dealership and told them the deal I was getting from Tischer. They told me that the most they could give me was 15% off if I registered as a wholesaler (which I could). They said that if I could get a better price from another dealership, then do it. I was and still am a bit shocked!!!

Personally, I don't care what BMW does with MSRP. As long as the Tischer and United BMW's of the world offer the prices and service that flat out BLOWS local dealers away....my dealership will not get my business on parts. I'm happy to spend my thousands of dollars to these places that offer us this service. Thanks Evan, and Merry Christmas!!!

PS: I had to smile a bit when I saw your picture in the Roundel ad
2011 BMW 328i racecar - LeMans Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 01:41 PM   #51
Evan@Tischer
Rep

Thank you!!! And Merry Christmas to you as well. As for that pic, I have no idea who that handsome guy is......he's a paid actor posing as me.

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2009, 10:29 PM   #52
SixBanger
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Thanks Tischer!!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 01:29 AM   #53
doubleA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

When does this sale end? Ordering the SSK tomorrow ... $350 is a great price
      12-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #54
BroDoze
Captain
Rep
Drives: Stuff

Just ordered a set of shadow kidneys! WOOT!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2009, 08:03 PM   #55
onefastman
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i 2011 e92m dct

Thinking of orderin the performance e brake, shift knob and boot to match my wheel. When does the sale end? I am also a little afraid to order with the talk or bmw possibly lowering the prices for tischer.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 03:45 PM   #56
Evan@Tischer
Rep

Thanks guys!! I plan on running the Holiday Blowouts up until the end of our $1000 Shopping Spree Giveaway - link to the posting in my sig.

The only way the prices will change is if our pricing with BMW changes with their monthly pricing updates.

Appreciate 0
      12-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #57
doubleA
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan@Tischer View Post
Thanks guys!! I plan on running the Holiday Blowouts up until the end of our $1000 Shopping Spree Giveaway - link to the posting in my sig.

The only way the prices will change is if our pricing with BMW changes with their monthly pricing updates.
When do the monthly pricing updates usually release? I would hate for them to lower the price on the SSK soon after I bought it...
      12-29-2009, 12:54 PM   #58
Evan@Tischer
Rep

Quote:
When do the monthly pricing updates usually release? I would hate for them to lower the price on the SSK soon after I bought it...
These are done at the beginning of each month. We have no idea if the pricing is going to go up or down from month to month. I'd also hate to see the price go way up for some reason and us not being able to offer it at such a good deal for ya anymore.

Appreciate 0
      01-06-2010, 07:45 AM   #59
O BYNOE
335i to 135i to M3...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Just ordered the Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler... I hope shipping is still included with that price.
      01-11-2010, 10:12 AM   #60
Evan@Tischer
Rep

Quote:
Just ordered the Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler... I hope shipping is still included with that price
It sure is!! Thanks again!!

Only 1 weeks left addicts to take advantage of the hoilday blowout sale and get in our $1000 Shopping Spree Giveaway!

Appreciate 0
      01-11-2010, 02:41 PM   #61
gan08
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Fatty X5 and Pot-bellied 135

Ordered the SSK last week as well.
My BMW dealer just can't match the price that Tischer offers.
Thanks Evan and Jason!
PS. Am I enrolled in $1000 Shopping Spree?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #62
Evan@Tischer
Rep

Quote:
Ordered the SSK last week as well.
My BMW dealer just can't match the price that Tischer offers.
Thanks Evan and Jason!
PS. Am I enrolled in $1000 Shopping Spree?
Thanks so much for your business and support!!

Did you include your username and '1addicts' in the comments when checking out? If not, PM me your order # and I"ll make sure you get your free entry!

Appreciate 0