BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-18-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

Finding the best price and getting dealer attitude!

So I'm in the shop for a 2009 BMW 135i here in sunny socal. Granted that the car is not on the market yet, I"ve been trying to find deals better than MSRP.

I have finally located one and he sent me the quote writing (email). Well I've emailed that to this one dealer in socal and the sales person was plenty mad.. Call me up and said: "i can't believe that they are giving you that price, that is just seriously rediculous... so what do you want me to do?"

i responded "well, i've got the car 95% fully loaded, the only thing missing is the heated seats and the carpet." "why don't you throw that in?"

and then she goes on to say "so you want me to nearly double his discount!?" i said... "yes" ..hahaha on the phone. she kept telling me that they only make $1500 on the car which I know is BS because every option we put on, they make money. We know this from the confidential whole sale pricing.

we know that the car is worth $32k to them, and they are selling it at $35,600 to us. and then each and every option is 10-20% extra profit for them.

so then she said, the best i can do is maybe $50 to $100 off for you. Then i was thinking in my head... well so then you LIED to me on day 1, saying there's no discount over MSRP! how come there's several hundred dollar discount now? did you magically squeeze that number out of your head?

now i must continue to search to squeeeeeze the living out of the price of this car to the absolute maximum lowest by october!

anyways, for privacy purposes, i will not mention any dealer and their respective names.

i'm just sharing with everyone that get the lowest fricking price as possible! do not let these people pocket your money. several hundred dollars is still several gallons worth of fuel for your driving enjoyment or even your first few months of your insurance cost.
Appreciate 0
      09-19-2008, 06:38 AM   #2
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Good luck, but remember, you're only half of the equation. The dealer has to decide whether to accept your offer or wait for someone less frugal to come along. They make those calculations several times a day, so don't be surprised if they pass on your offer, especially on a low volume vehicle like the 1. What you need to play up is the fear that the economy is getting much worse and the number of people coming through their doors is about to plunge.
      09-19-2008, 11:26 AM   #3
Sephiroth
4-6-8
India
Rep
Drives: for the fun of it

Go back at the end of the month and see what they say.
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2008, 09:27 PM   #4
M3_Dust
Michelin Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M Sport

if you want to come to Phoenix to get your car, I can set you up with my guy and get you a pretty good deal ($1500+ off MSRP)
Appreciate 0