BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-30-2012, 10:53 AM   #1
Revelate
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 LMB 135i

Sun Mountain Lodge Tour - August 12th

I am organizing this drive and would love to see as many 1 series as possible on August 12th. Details are below, and registration is at http://www.bmwpugetsound.com

Dane

Please join us on Sunday August 12th for a scenic drive over the North Cascades Highway to the western-themed town of Winthrop Washington. The day will begin in the morning from our starting location “somewhere in Seattle”. After a short driver's meeting, we will depart Seattle and head north towards our first stop in the Skagit River Hydroelectric Project town of Newhalem which offers an intriguing history of Washington State’s growth during the early 20th century. After Newhalem, the driving and scenery gets more entertaining as we navigate through the twists and turns of Highway 20, past Diablo Lake and over two mountain passes on our journey east.

The destination for the day is Sun Mountain Lodge, a first class resort high above Winthrop overlooking the Methow Valley. We will enjoy a lunch at the lodge and officially end the tour there, but you are encouraged to consider staying the night at Sun Mountain Lodge and enjoying a day in the valley. You can contact them directly at (509) 996-2211.

RSVP to Dane Martin at bmw@pc-resource.com with your name, mobile contact number and the number of people in your group. There is no cost to sign up or attend, and lunch will be separate checks at the Lodge. Details about the exact time, starting location and route map will be distributed to registered attendees prior to the event.