BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
JMetfordN55
1addict since April 2012
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Performance Driving School

I am intrigued by the idea of attending an advanced driving course with the 1...

Anyone have any experience taking a class, any advice on going through it and/or recommendations on where to attend? Based on my basic google search, it looks like FAASST is the only provider around the Denver Metro area. Any other schools out there?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Caleb
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMetfordN55 View Post
I am intrigued by the idea of attending an advanced driving course with the 1...

Anyone have any experience taking a class, any advice on going through it and/or recommendations on where to attend? Based on my basic google search, it looks like FAASST is the only provider around the Denver Metro area. Any other schools out there?
This weekend is actually the Rocy Mountain Chaper BMW CCA driving school at High Plains Raceway.

Registration has been full for a long time, but you can still check out what is involved:

http://www.rmcbmwcca.org/content.php...lains-Raceway&

I've done this a handfull of times, and I'll be there this weekend.

If you would like to, they are still looking for volunteers over the weekend. It's a great way to see what these driving schools are all about. I can give you some more information if you're interested in volunteering.

FYI, these happen twice per year. One in the spring and one in the Fall.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
JMetfordN55
1addict since April 2012
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

Quote:
This weekend is actually the Rocy Mountain Chaper BMW CCA driving school at High Plains Raceway.
Caleb, thanks for your reply. This would have been an absolutely perfect event. I wish I had known about it a few weeks ago, before my wife and I booked a trip to Florida! But, you have tipped me off on a website to watch. Thanks very much.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 02:45 PM   #4
tjm129
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M(382/740)

I did a course with FAASST a few years ago at VIR. Had a lot of fun but found the instructors to be really hands off. While I had a ton of seat time, I'm not sure I learned as much as I could have. I think this is especially true because I'm a novice. I found by the afternoon I had plateaued and was simply destroying my tires needlessly.

I can say I have done a 1day m school with BMW and learned a lot more.

I would recommend checking out the local BMW or Porsche clubs as they tend to put on excellent courses with plenty of emphasis on learning.

TJ
Appreciate 0