E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > It's inevitable. E92 Coupe vs. New Infiniti G Coupe

02-08-2006, 01:30 PM   #45
Papa13
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 / e90 / e53 / e46

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
im sorry but it looks almost identical to this years g35.. except for the ghetto ass lights. Not to cool in my eyes.. and some of my buddies have g35's.

Just wait till the comparisions come out.. the 335 coupe will be on top..

As bmw's have always been.

p.s. - The g35 looks like a space ship.. haha.. i want to go to the moon in it.
18' Blue/Black SEL Premium R-Line 4 Motion Tiguan - Mods on order
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 01:44 PM   #46
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

Papa13 said, "im sorry but it looks almost identical to this years g35."

Papa and I must have seen different pictures of the new G 35! <g> Styling however, is highly subjective and of little importance to me. It is however the most important factor in a buying/leasing decision to many, many people. In this regard the current G35 has done quite well and has won many converts to the Infinity line. The new G35 lineup will retain the highest rated v-6 engine lineup on the planet and will be blessed with the awesome Infinity M car platform. I predict a real winner.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 02:02 PM   #47
Papa13
Go Gators!
United_States
Rep
Drives: e82 / e90 / e53 / e46

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
here you go...

there ARE differences.. but they are very very small...
Attached Images

18' Blue/Black SEL Premium R-Line 4 Motion Tiguan - Mods on order
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #48
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa13
im sorry but it looks almost identical to this years g35.. except for the ghetto ass lights. Not to cool in my eyes.. and some of my buddies have g35's.

Just wait till the comparisions come out.. the 335 coupe will be on top..

As bmw's have always been.

p.s. - The g35 looks like a space ship.. haha.. i want to go to the moon in it.
So is the 3 series bmw. They all look similar. except for the ghetto ass taillights. Not too cool in my eyes. and I have an E90.

p.s: rear of the e90 looks like a Daewoo. haha.. wheres my 10yr warranty. I thought all korean cars have one.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 02:07 PM   #49
kdan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e46 coupe

I concur. It seems more like a facelift from the exterior design point of view. (g35)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 02:18 PM   #50
Mono
Private
Rep
Drives: car

This is exactly why the 335i should not see an increase price
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 02:31 PM   #51
jcslp15
Private
Rep
Drives: Black E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mono
This is exactly why the 335i should not see an increase price

Seriously, with the e90 330i well equipped its already around 49,000. And you only get 255hp. And if then make the 335i +1000 since its a coupe and +1-2000 becuase of the more powerful engine. How is it going to compete with lexus and infiniti. Not to mention the IS 350 coupe could look pretty insane.

I like bmw but if the difference in price is going to be 10,000 then sorry, but i'm not going to go for the bimmer.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #52
Mono
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcslp15
Seriously, with the e90 330i well equipped its already around 49,000. And you only get 255hp. And if then make the 335i +1000 since its a coupe and +1-2000 becuase of the more powerful engine. How is it going to compete with lexus and infiniti. Not to mention the IS 350 coupe could look pretty insane.

I like bmw but if the difference in price is going to be 10,000 then sorry, but i'm not going to go for the bimmer.
Today’s car buyer is armed with a lot more information then ever before because of the internet. We have information about invoice pricing and competitor model specifications at our fingertips. We have discussion forums like this one with loads of information for our pleasure and education. I wouldn’t have even known about the 335i if I didn’t spend time in this web site. It’s because these rumors that I haven’t made a purchase commitment for a sports sedan at this time. And you know what, I am thankful for that. It’s not like my local BMW dealer is going to be honest about the 335i when he/she is trying to get me into a phased out 330i.

About the only people in this forum that believe BMW won’t be making a mistake with a price increase are the people that already purchased a 330i. When looking at the situation and competition in an objective fashion, how can BMW expect to sell an increase when it’s offering similar performance as its competition? How many potential 335i buyers will they lose if the car sees a price increase?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 03:03 PM   #53
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435Xi GC & 2000 323Ci.

Quote:
Today’s car buyer is armed with a lot more information then ever before because of the internet. We have information about invoice pricing and competitor model specifications at our fingertips. We have discussion forums like this one with loads of information for our pleasure and education. I wouldn’t have even known about the 335i if I didn’t spend time in this web site. It’s because these rumors that I haven’t made a purchase commitment for a sports sedan at this time. And you know what, I am thankful for that. It’s not like my local BMW dealer is going to be honest about the 335i when he/she is trying to get me into a phased out 330i.

About the only people in this forum that believe BMW won’t be making a mistake with a price increase are the people that already purchased a 330i. When looking at the situation and competition in an objective fashion, how can BMW expect to sell an increase when it’s offering similar performance as its competition? How many potential 335i buyers will they lose if the car sees a price increase?
BMW is not expecting many 335 buyers. The sales numbers are telling BMW that they are selling E90s...that much is a fact. They have plenty of volume sales and competitive pricing going on with the 325 & to a smaller extent, the 330. They might be making a mistake by NOT raising the price of a "335". I know most on this forum would love to see BMW do just that, but you must be nuts if you think a 300hp 3 Series is going to come cheap.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 03:22 PM   #54
Mono
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg
BMW is not expecting many 335 buyers. The sales numbers are telling BMW that they are selling E90s...that much is a fact. They have plenty of volume sales and competitive pricing going on with the 325 & to a smaller extent, the 330. They might be making a mistake by NOT raising the price of a "335". I know most on this forum would love to see BMW do just that, but you must be nuts if you think a 300hp 3 Series is going to come cheap.
I see you currently own a 330i so I’m not surprised by your opinion. The current 330i is a tremendous sports sedan. However, BMW doesn’t sell cars on a deserted island where they are only brand. The competition cannot be ignored. It’s because of serious competition that makes me confident that they will be making a mistake by giving the 335 a price hike.

How do you already know the sales target for the 335i? How do you know they don’t expect many 335i buyers?

Does anyone have an opinion about this that doesn’t already own a 2006 330i? It’s a lot easier to be unbiased if you don’t currently own one.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 03:43 PM   #55
luxman999
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

This "new" G35 coupe is not considered as "whole new" design. According to Infiniti, it is just "intrim design" until they introduce totally new design by 2009 or 2010, which will be 2 or 3 years later.

I agree that its overall shape is still very similar to current G coupe, which may not necessary a bad thing considering how nice it looks after near 3 years.

When I buy a car, I don't have patience to wait until the new design "grow" on me, like many recent BMW design require. Also I don't want any lecture on why I "should" appreciate their design just because it's cutting edge or new direction. I want a car that look good NOW and will look that way at least few more years until I sell the car. I don't care how well the car looks after I sell it. Only few car design ever are considered timeless...

One thing is for sure. The new G coupe design will be a great seller, especially when Infiniti introduces new Skyline GT-R in near future to bost its performance image.

I used to own both E46 330i sport pkg and 2003 G35 coupe, so I know both cars well. For BMW, I had to take it to the shop 3 times in its first year alone while G was perfect from the day one to selling it at 90% of its value 18 months later.

Owning a car and testing driving one (by most car magazines) are TWO TOTALLY DIFFERENT THINGS. To magazine edtitors, handling and pure performance at limit are more important during few hours of their test and they pick their winner base on them. They don't care about reliability or other things that are so important to real owners. That is why I pay little attention to all those comparison tests.

Just for my own service experience alone is big enough to forgive any slight "BMW" handling edge over Infiniti. In normal daily driving, we don't really notice any handling difference anyway.

When I took my G coupe to Infiniti dealer for scheduled service, they gave me brand new G35 sedan as free loaner car and did free wash. They didn't just wash the outside, but they actually detail the car INSIDE AND OUT. Also their entire staffs were so professional and top level, something I never experienced from my BMW dealer. This could be little thing but they all add up when you spend over $30k of your hard earned money.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #56
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I see you currently own a 330i so I’m not surprised by your opinion. The current 330i is a tremendous sports sedan. However, BMW doesn’t sell cars on a deserted island where they are only brand. The competition cannot be ignored. It’s because of serious competition that makes me confident that they will be making a mistake by giving the 335 a price hike.

How do you already know the sales target for the 335i? How do you know they don’t expect many 335i buyers?

Does anyone have an opinion about this that doesn’t already own a 2006 330i? It’s a lot easier to be unbiased if you don’t currently own one.
How about some logic rather than opinions? Here, read post #55 by SteveoSEA in this thread: Buy 330 now or Wait

Believe whatever you'd like....BMW is threatened by Lexus, Infiniti....HA! They could care less. There hasn't been a tiny dent in E90 sales due to the G35 or IS350. DO they need to produce a 335? Sure, why not. But BMW ain't stupid. They know you want one.....and they already sell plenty of the others.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #57
kobechrome
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335xi

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lux.sh
Same with IS300. Im not so sure I'll like the IS350 in 3~4 years though. IS300 was the real deal. Lexus tried to take it too far with the IS350. They worked on it too hard, and now its over done. Hopefully infiniti doesn't do the same.
The IS300 was the ugliest car Lexus ever made. It looks like a ricer '94-98 Accord. Even though performance wise it could hold its own, the design was such a turn-off I couldn't even consider it.
      02-08-2006, 04:43 PM   #58
Mono
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichReg
How about some logic rather than opinions? Here, read post #55 by SteveoSEA in this thread: Buy 330 now or Wait

Believe whatever you'd like....BMW is threatened by Lexus, Infiniti....HA! They could care less. There hasn't been a tiny dent in E90 sales due to the G35 or IS350. DO they need to produce a 335? Sure, why not. But BMW ain't stupid. They know you want one.....and they already sell plenty of the others.
I am guessing you made these comments because you are just trying to antagonize me. But, just in case you seriously believe your comments here goes:

To say BMW doesn't recognize Lexus and Infiniti as viable competition is as silly as saying BMW should price their vehicles however they wish. Heck, why not just make the 335i price point at $150K? After all, it's a BMW and they are not threatened by the competition.

Tell me why is BMW currently offering 2.9% financing on the 3 series right now if they are not threatened by the competition? After all, it's a BMW, why not charge 10% financing?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #59
Casey 5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i,SPG,ZSP,ZPP,Step

Looks like a Lexus.....
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 06:38 PM   #60
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobechrome
The IS300 was the ugliest car Lexus ever made. It looks like a ricer '94-98 Accord. Even though performance wise it could hold its own, the design was such a turn-off I couldn't even consider it.
Right. And most of the e36/e46 owners think E90 is the ugliest 3 series ever made.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 06:41 PM   #61
luxman999
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Many, not all, BMW owners tend to confuse their vehicles as "exclusive" or really high-end product. Of course, BMW has long history of producing one of the finest sport sedan in the world. But they no longer dominate the market like they used to in this fast changing world. If you really want exclusive cars, go buy Ferrari or Bentley. In this Silicon Valley, 1 out of 5 cars on the road are BMW. In our company parking alone, I see at least dozen of new E90.

Fact. BMW is no longer clear leader in styling, performance, reliability, quality, resale value, horse power, acceleration, customer royalty, customer satisfaction and more. BMW still has that unique "BMW appeal" but we are NOT buying a handbag here. The only thing BMW still have clear edge, as claimed by many, is that elusive handling category. But BMW is not a God and their well-earned handling lead is nothing more than result of "human" R&D, which CAN and WILL be duplicated or even better by others eventually. Japanese has started to compete seriously with BMW only for last decade (or even less), but look how far they've caught up so far. Only time will tell.

Many BMW buyers, especially for 3 series, have limited budget and they have to make logical, and sometimes, compromising decision when buying a car. If similary equipped new G coupe is at least $10k less than E92 coupe and still offer comparable performance, I think the choice would be rather clear for many buyers including myself. If I'm wealthy enought to ignore $10k difference, I would probably shopping in different car category such as M5 or Porsche.

Last edited by luxman999; 02-08-2006 at 07:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 06:42 PM   #62
RichReg
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I am guessing you made these comments because you are just trying to antagonize me. But, just in case you seriously believe your comments here goes:

To say BMW doesn't recognize Lexus and Infiniti as viable competition is as silly as saying BMW should price their vehicles however they wish. Heck, why not just make the 335i price point at $150K? After all, it's a BMW and they are not threatened by the competition.

Tell me why is BMW currently offering 2.9% financing on the 3 series right now if they are not threatened by the competition? After all, it's a BMW, why not charge 10% financing?
If someone paid you $150K for your car, wouldn't you charge that much? Obviously not a direct analogy, but people ARE paying $40K plus for 325s, let alone 330s.

If my comments come across a bit brash, let me put this another way: IF BMW was so concerned about this, they would have put more hp in all of these cars way back when the G35 Coupe debuted back in '02. Why do you make it sound as if BMW is building a 335 Coupe to compete with the Japanese? They aren't.....they are quite capable of selling VOLUME when it comes to their lower models, so they wouldn't need to sell lots of 335s.

C'mon, even E90Fleet says its going to be pricey....O.K. probably not $45K, but $40K at least here in the U.S.. And now, here come the spy photographers showing us a COUPE (pronounced "more expensive than 4-door") with a 335i badge.
Let's see....if we follow the 6 Series trend:

1)You'll get no smaller engines for the Coupe, and
2)We'll charge you more.

I can't see what's so hard about figuring this one out?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2006, 09:16 PM   #63
dom1
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

I don't like the look from the side and that interior is a joke.

In terms of hp, it probably beats the new E92, but then who cares. The current Infiniti has 298 hp, much more than my 255. But again, who cares, I don't like how it drives and the interior is so cheap.

The only good thing is that us as customers will benefit in the long run since German manufacturers now have real competition and need to keep improving their cars.
1994 Pontiac Sunbird 4 cyl. - retired after 170K miles
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 03:26 AM   #64
inline6
Rep
Drives: 330Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom1
I don't like the look from the side and that interior is a joke.
Yep, that interior is beyond hideous. The wheel is repulsive and that wrap-around trim is so lame. The console, yikes! Just dreadful...
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 04:04 AM   #65
Stefan358
Rep
Drives: e36 328i cabrio

i still do not get the point of this discussion.

first of all BMW is and was never leader in hp. their goal is to build a car with superb handling and very smooth engines. the ultimative driving maschine..(a good complete package)..and thats what they are. not more and not less. and even with less HP on paper (like in the past) they absolutely left their competitor behind. also like today. thats their area. lexus is by far not in this league when we are talking about this point. hp is not all !!! and 0-60 is also not all !!!

there are some people talking about cheaper lexus....compafred to bmw....you should remember one fact......in former times japanes cars were more or less crap and they were very very cheap. if you now buy a japanes car they are very fine BUT also not considered cheap anymore.

AND you shouls also think about that it is not that simple to build a car with a handling like a BMW and if lexus will compete on this level you again see a price increase there. very simple....

anyhow....you must know iam not addicted to brands...not to bmw not to japanes cars......if i iam in the mood to buy a new car i check out all kind of cars. also japanes cars.

to say the infinity we are talking about ( i even have forgotten the name) is the new generation of styling or so is abolutely subjective.

i would rather sit in a e90 or could be a other car than in this new lexus.

for me....again.....me.....this car looks like a bad shaped spaceship...i think someone has it called....something with moon......to make more clear...i also do not like the look of the Z4. so iam not a bmw lover and lexus hater.

so...buy whatever you want....and be happy with it :-))))

if i would have now tons of money....i tell you i would consider the new camaro (chevrolet ??).....realibility ?? don't know ???.....price ??? dont know.....BUT i like the look......it has soal.......
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2006, 11:43 AM   #66
ben1364
Captain
Rep
Drives: E90 330iA

The price of the three series cars badged 335 will be determined by the marketplace. If the car is introdduced in a strong BMW market the price will be higher than if it is introduced to reinvigorate the line. Think of the 335 as a facelift under the skin.
Appreciate 0