BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #3125
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep
Drives: Cars Usually

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEDEI View Post
MILEAGE CHECK!

16,500 miles of poppin and screaming done.
1 year, 5 days, and a whopping 5,550 miles. =( I need to drive it more.

Has anyone noticed that their PE seemed to get a little quieter after 5,000 miles? I swear mine doesn't seem quite as loud, but also with that, I'm not getting any drone at all that I did early on at certain speeds/RPMs.

And as an aside, since were discussing glass cleaners the other day, I finally tried the auto finesse crystal glass cleaner and was AMAZED at the results. Best glass cleaner I've ever used far and away. Perfectly crystal clear, not a spot, streak, nothing, using the same techniques and towels as I do normally with invisible glass. Also has the best sprayer ever. A bit pricey and I haven't tried the sonax glass cleaner, so I shall await Rick's review soon on that I hope.

And who will be the first to drive or get an M3/M4 or ultimate M2? =P
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 07:00 PM   #3126
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregthegr8 View Post

Has anyone noticed that their PE seemed to get a little quieter after 5,000 miles? I swear mine doesn't seem quite as loud, but also with that, I'm not getting any drone at all that I did early on at certain speeds/RPMs.

And as an aside, since were discussing glass cleaners the other day, I finally tried the auto finesse crystal glass cleaner and was AMAZED at the results. Best glass cleaner I've ever used far and away. Perfectly crystal clear, not a spot, streak, nothing, using the same techniques and towels as I do normally with invisible glass. Also has the best sprayer ever. A bit pricey and I haven't tried the sonax glass cleaner, so I shall await Rick's review soon on that I hope.

And who will be the first to drive or get an M3/M4 or ultimate M2? =P
maybe you're going deaf? lol

funny because I feel mine is getting louder!

I'd definitely like to try out the new M3 when it comes out.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 07:30 PM   #3127
meg180
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G80 M3

Quote:
maybe you're going deaf? lol

funny because I feel mine is getting louder!

I'd definitely like to try out the new M3 when it comes out.
My husband ('12 M3 owner) and I will be attending the Istanbul M3/M4 launch. I'll let you know how awesome it is!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 07:31 PM   #3128
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
I think Greg is going deaf. Im at 9600 miles and the PE is surely more narley...
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 07:43 PM   #3129
IEDEI
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: L'Orange

Garage List
2011 BMW 1M  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by meg180 View Post
My husband ('12 M3 owner) and I will be attending the Istanbul M3/M4 launch. I'll let you know how awesome it is!!!
nice! is he thinking of buying one? or waiting to try it out first?
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 07:49 PM   #3130
meg180
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
nice! is he thinking of buying one? or waiting to try it out first?
Maybe the new M4?

Last edited by meg180; 05-08-2014 at 08:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 08:46 PM   #3131
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
MILEAGE CHECK!

16,500 miles of poppin and screaming done since I picked it up at the beginning of October.
I'm not racking up the mileage nearly as fast as you... I'm only at 7,300 miles since August 29. Considering my daily commute is only about 10 miles round trip, that's a lot of driving just for the pleasure of it!

I don't think my car is any quieter today than it was when brand new... but now that the weather has finally warmed up and I can drive with my windows down, I sure am enjoying the PPK/PE combination more than ever!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #3132
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Sadly, the first thing I said to someone was I may just be losing the hearing in my left ear. There's 10% of me is just worried something is wrong with it that is making it quieter. Oh well.

I'll definitely be driving an M235i and an M4 over the next few months to try to extrapolate what the M2 will be like, assuming it'll fall/feel somewhere between the two. That M3/M4 engine must be some awesome powerplant, like ours on some serious steroids.

Signed,

Deaf Greg
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #3133
motorchimp
I have Brimbo's
Rep
Drives: 135is, X3

I just hit 5000 miles on my odo (first - paid- oil change scheduled tomorrow!), My exhaust seems louder in general, but I notice it pops more when it's really hot out (My Ducati also does it). It isn't as loud on start up as it was when temps were freezing, but Greg I assume you're talking about driving loudness? Maybe it's because I tend to drive with the windows down now that it's warm, so I can hear all the disgruntlement going on in those pipes

I smoked a brand new 535i yesterday, and the process was fairly loud too. The 5 owner seemed pretty pissed.
      05-09-2014, 10:34 AM   #3134
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
A$$ shot with full performance carbon bits and blacklines

05-09-2014, 11:00 AM   #3135
meg180
Captain
United_States
Rep

Looks great!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #3136
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
MILEAGE CHECK!

16,500 miles of poppin and screaming done since I picked it up at the beginning of October.
Slightly ahead of you lol

05-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #3137
CAVU
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 F87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3002 tii View Post

Looks fantastic! I simply MUST get a set of those LCI Blacklines!!!

F87 '16 M2 ... Mineral Grey, 6MT, Exec, MPE
Gone: E82 '13 135is 475/586 ... Mineral Grey / Oyster, DCT, Premium, Tech, HK, Michelin PSS, BMW Performance Suspension
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 11:44 AM   #3138
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
MILEAGE CHECK!

6600 here!

Quote:

what do you use to generally clean the dash and other materials like it in the car? I have used the bmw branded interior cleaner for quite some time but I don't think there's any sort of protectant in there. I do put up a sunshade anyways so I'm not too worried. I keep hearing about the aerospace 303...

Quote:

well thanks, this has made me really really (really really really...) want the cf diffuser from bmw now. i'm not sure about the "modular bargain".com ones, though they are much cheaper and seem to look nice from the site pictures.
2013 135is | Le Mans Blue | #542 / 586
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #3139
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningscifi View Post
what do you use to generally clean the dash and other materials like it in the car? I have used the bmw branded interior cleaner for quite some time but I don't think there's any sort of protectant in there. I do put up a sunshade anyways so I'm not too worried. I keep hearing about the aerospace 303...

well thanks, this has made me really really (really really really...) want the cf diffuser from bmw now. i'm not sure about the "modular bargain".com ones, though they are much cheaper and seem to look nice from the site pictures.
I've tried/used a few products so have some good opinions probably. What's funny is I have the bmw interior cleaner too as I threw it in on an online order cause I needed to spend $4 more to get free shipping. Never used it though.

I would suggest going with einszett cockpit premium probably as it cleans/protects really well and leaves it COMPLETELY matte so adds no finish whatsoever. It works great on the nav screen and stainless steel pedals, too. It does have a kinda pine sol smell that bothered me as i'm hyper-sensitive to smell, but a lot of people really like the smell. So, I now use auto finesse spritz which is very similar, but smells nicer to me with a nice hint of vanilla. I don't think it works quite as well though and I think dust accumulates a little faster compared to the cockpit premium. A lot of people use 303 also, but I have never tried it.

I've always looked at the "modular bargains" website as well for those diffusers and they're tempting. Why their pictures to display the product include a 128 with the quad diffuser on there when it only has exhaust on one side always makes me laugh, too. I don't know that I've seen people's reviews of it on the forum either. Mostly just see the icarbon ones they stopped making and then ebay ones from china which I'll pass on.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 12:50 PM   #3140
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've tried/used a few products so have some good opinions probably. What's funny is I have the bmw interior cleaner too as I threw it in on an online order cause I needed to spend $4 more to get free shipping. Never used it though.

I would suggest going with einszett cockpit premium probably as it cleans/protects really well and leaves it COMPLETELY matte so adds no finish whatsoever. It works great on the nav screen and stainless steel pedals, too. It does have a kinda pine sol smell that bothered me as i'm hyper-sensitive to smell, but a lot of people really like the smell. So, I now use auto finesse spritz which is very similar, but smells nicer to me with a nice hint of vanilla. I don't think it works quite as well though and I think dust accumulates a little faster compared to the cockpit premium. A lot of people use 303 also, but I have never tried it.

I've always looked at the "modular bargains" website as well for those diffusers and they're tempting. Why their pictures to display the product include a 128 with the quad diffuser on there when it only has exhaust on one side always makes me laugh, too. I don't know that I've seen people's reviews of it on the forum either. Mostly just see the icarbon ones they stopped making and then ebay ones from china which I'll pass on.

this makes the einszett a no-go for me too. i really don't want any strong smelling anything in the car as it still smells new so not sure about the vanilla either!
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:03 PM   #3141
Xaoc
Private
Rep
Drives: LeMans Blue 135is

Using Einszett nearly every other week, and the smell is not noticable at all; the car still smells like 'new car'.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #3142
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
this makes the einszett a no-go for me too. i really don't want any strong smelling anything in the car as it still smells new so not sure about the vanilla either!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaoc View Post
Using Einszett nearly every other week, and the smell is not noticable at all; the car still smells like 'new car'.
Like I said, for me it was a bit much, but most people don't mind it, or like it, and it only lingered for a day or two max. I still think it's worth trying because I think it's the best product out there. I think probably 90% of the IS owners here use that as their go to product, too.

The spritz by auto finesse smells gooood, but is expensive at 2x the price of the einszett.

Other options that should have similar results though would be meguiar's quik interior detailer spray and I also almost bought the adam's total interior detailer. But after seeing a comparison of cockpit premium vs spritz vs adam's, the adam's left just a light sheen that I didn't really want.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Adams...-oz_p_935.html

Check this out as it may help:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-einszett.html
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #3143
morningscifi
Null
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaoc View Post
Quote:
Like I said, for me it was a bit much, but most people don't mind it, or like it, and it only lingered for a day or two max. I still think it's worth trying because I think it's the best product out there. I think probably 90% of the IS owners here use that as their go to product, too.

The spritz by auto finesse smells gooood, but is expensive at 2x the price of the einszett.

Other options that should have similar results though would be meguiar's quik interior detailer spray and I also almost bought the adam's total interior detailer. But after seeing a comparison of cockpit premium vs spritz vs adam's, the adam's left just a light sheen that I didn't really want.

http://www.detailersdomain.com/Adams...-oz_p_935.html

Check this out as it may help:

http://www.autopiaforums.com/forums/...-einszett.html

looks like I'll be ordering a bottle of einszett, auto finesse, AND the 303 then. I never liked the smell from the chemical guys interior stuff either. I wonder what million products griots offers here...

I'll just start using it all on the gf's "test Subaru," lol
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 01:27 PM   #3144
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
looks like I'll be ordering a bottle of einszett, auto finesse, AND the 303 then. I never liked the smell from the chemical guys interior stuff either. I wonder what million products griots offers here...

I'll just start using it all on the gf's "test Subaru," lol
I'm not a fan of griot's products. I don't know if the 303 has any smell to it cause I've never used it. Smell was a major factor for me though since I have the leatherette so whatever product was to be used on my dash/doors also would be used on the seats as well. I can tell you that I used the auto finesse spritz this weekend on my dash and doors and there was really no smell lingering the next day. When I did the entire interior seats and EVERYTHING, it had that lovely vanilla-esque smell for like a week.

You can also use the 303 on tires and to dress/clean the engine bay as many people use it for that, so it has a ton of added uses and is pretty cheap to get one of their tiny bottles. I'll be curious to hear what you think after using everything on your girlfriend's test vehicle. =)
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #3145
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep

Garage List
Whiteline subframe inserts done. Yea I said I wanted to wait till I burned through runflats but figured wth. Will report back review after weekend:

05-09-2014, 04:24 PM   #3146
gregthegr8
Admiral of the Fleet
Rep

Quote:
Whiteline subframe inserts done. Yea I said I wanted to wait till I burned through runflats but figured wth. Will report back review after weekend:
So weird to see the whiteline inserts are now black. How hard/long was the installation? Can't wait to hear your feedback as perhaps a better/easier alternative than the full on m3 subframe bushing upgrade.
Appreciate 0