BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-10-2016, 05:57 PM   #45
370z-135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 370z trading for 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell1 View Post
Wouldn't that be a 2 way street?

I believe it's been stated several times that the touch-up paint may not have been the dealerships doing. So 'if you don't live your life that way' it's wrong of you to accuse them W/O proof. At current, it's a 50/50 shot at who didn't inform who of the touch-up.

Furthermore, you're buying a used car. There is no reason you should expect EVERYTHING to be in absolute like new condition. That is your mistake. I don't know of a single used car that won't have a flaw vs new. If you don't understand that, you shouldn't buy a used car again.

I'm sure you're probably a good guy. But you're not doing yourself any favors by trying to continually defend yourself from the internet. Your best option is to let this thread die.
Hahahaha, it's my thread, you should just let it die. You are chiming in once the thread had ended of it's own volition. Read the lasts posts, the guys bugged me enough and I agreed to change the oil. That's it, end of story. Nobody would have posted if you didn't open your pie hole. You are saying the same thing others have already said. The touch up and painting is over man, it's done. I won and my bumper will be painted. Say what you wish, but that's the reality.

I do agree that I shouldn't say rude things, but you guys tend to irritate me as this is supposed to be a forum to support our fellow members instead of knocking them and being petty. If it was your wife, your kid, your mom, grandma, etc... you would have probably gone to the store and stuck up for them (or I hope you would) instead of saying, "oh well Grandma, next time do your due diligence and don't trust anyone."

You're right, I may be incorrect about the fact that carmax did not do the touch up although I'm leaning 90/10 they did. Do some research first and you will find hundreds of similar issues with carmax and touch up jobs. Also former employees that were forced to hide damage whether it be paint, mechanical, or frame. When you advertise a 112 point inspection and PAINT is one of the points, that means the paint should be in solid condition for a 3 year old car. Read up from their site buddy

20. What is the difference between CarMax and ValuMax cars?

ValuMax cars are actually CarMax cars, too, but unlike other CarMax vehicles, ValuMax vehicles are over 6 years old and/or have over 60,000 miles. In the case of older used cars, our customers have told us that minor cosmetic imperfections are acceptable if it means paying less, so our ValuMax cars may have minor dings, paint imperfections, or other cosmetic flaws that you won't find on other CarMax cars. However, ValuMax cars still go through the same rigorous inspection process as all CarMax cars.

If I bought a valuemax car I would expect that, but I didn't and they clearly state in red that you won't find significant paint imperfections. Read it dude and let it sink in. You still won't give in, but that's fine, that FAQ speaks for itself. So funny you guys are knocking me for sticking up for myself and not taking it on the chin and then winning. If I didn't go back, you would have probably given me crap for not going and confronting them. It's like you guys are salesman yourselves. At this point even if the CEO of carmax told you that I was right, you still wouldn't agree.

Like I said before, I didn't ask for anyone's opinions whether or not I should have gone back to them and had them paint the bumper. If I asked, I would understand why people would be jerks about it. I did it, I'm getting my bumper painted, and I'm going to enjoy my car like a champ. I assure you if the situation was reversed I wouldn't be a tool about it and rub it in your face (Not calling you a tool, just said I wouldn't be one).

If you stop chiming in with your unrelated comments, the thread would die. Obviously you feel the need to keep it going, let's see if you can suck it up and not respond for the greater good.

What's funny is, I actually am a very laid back cool dude (even handsome, buff, and funny to boot). I have no idea why I feel like I have to set it straight to strangers on the internet, but probably for the same reason you feel the need to chime in with your opinion, nothing better to do. A lot of this is just entertainment. Had I known people would make it a federal case, I would have never posted the story. Remember, all I asked was if you could change the oil manually, that's it. I didn't start a carmax sucks thread. I had no intention of ever posting that or writing them a negative review. Someone mentioned, "didn't they put a sticker on the windshield," and I made a joke about it. Like the sticker on the windshield makes me feel more secure. Everyone blew this out of proportion. I spent less than 5 minutes at the store to get them to agree to repaint. I didn't raise hell or make a scene, I just talked to him like a man and asked if that was his car, what would he expect.

Last edited by 370z-135i; 01-10-2016 at 06:04 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 06:51 PM   #46
tock172
Beachtown Bill Collector
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Garage List
2012 BMW 135i  [0.00]
1999 Lexus LS400  [0.00]
1985 BMW 325e  [0.00]
Good lord. Another wall of text. Allow me to translate: OP is incapable of admitting he made a mistake.

2012 BMW 135i Space Grey Metallic M-Sport DCT Dinan S2
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 07:12 PM   #47
370z-135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tock172 View Post
Good lord. Another wall of text. Allow me to translate: OP is incapable of admitting he made a mistake.
I never denied I made a mistake. I did make a mistake. I did miss the cover up. I mentioned that already like 10 times. My point is, just because I missed it, doesn't make it right. What did it matter if I found it 3 days later? It's still garbage. I didn't buy it from a guy off the street, I bought it from a reputable dealer that I thought I could trust. I was obviously wrong, lesson learned. I will be sure to scrutinize any future purchases. Perhaps Karma will catch up to all your commentators and something similar happens to you. Remember, don't go back and say anything.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2016, 07:22 PM   #48
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: a slow car fast

Oh God, please let this end...
Attached Images

01-11-2016, 09:33 AM   #49
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

It will never end. It'll just transfer to a new thread when he has a new problem with his car. I think he might want to buy that Datsun back!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 09:45 AM   #50
370z-135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Von Tooty View Post
It will never end. It'll just transfer to a new thread when he has a new problem with his car. I think he might want to buy that Datsun back!
You guys are the only ones that are keeping it going. Don't post and nobody else will. The forum has been very helpful nevertheless. Regardless, I love the car.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #51
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Bump.
Appreciate 1
      01-11-2016, 01:12 PM   #52
Mr Rooty Von Tooty
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 370z-135i View Post
You guys are the only ones that are keeping it going. Don't post and nobody else will. The forum has been very helpful nevertheless. Regardless, I love the car.
But the real question is, "Does the car love you?"
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2016, 03:14 PM   #53
370z-135i
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Rooty Von Tooty View Post
But the real question is, "Does the car love you?"
I doubt it. I'm going to ride the hell out of this bad boy (that's what she said).

But perhaps it's like a stallion whose sole purpose is to be fast and win races. They take pride in working hard and going fast.

Good ole black beauty will be the same way.
Appreciate 0