BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

06-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #309
LuuZ
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Yes exactly, if I put the cam a little bit more front, you could see the speed-o but the door stuff would be in a mid position on the view, so not easy to fix in a best way....
I would like to find a bar/rod that I can put between the 2 seats, so the cam will be in a center position, maybe one to fix on the headrests ??
I reached 222km/h just before hard braking at "les Combes"
      06-12-2012, 04:59 PM   #310
ruf
Private
Belgium
Rep
Drives: 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuuZ View Post
Yes exactly, if I put the cam a little bit more front, you could see the speed-o but the door stuff would be in a mid position on the view, so not easy to fix in a best way....
I would like to find a bar/rod that I can put between the 2 seats, so the cam will be in a center position, maybe one to fix on the headrests ??
I agree. Vid is fine to me , but with speedo it would be perfect !

On a sunny day however, the interior will often be a little bit too dark in order to be able to read the speedo, anyway.

In fact I made such a bar myself for my Golf Gti, some years ago.
I didn't check yet, if it fits the 1M, or not. But I'm sure it will, after some minor adaptation. It was very easy to make, and @ a low price.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #311
1Mcoupé
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Morgan 3whlr (2012) & 1m

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuuZ View Post
friend was in the Belgian Porsche
hit by the runaway Swiss Turbo

@LuuZ: GoPro: the use Bicycle-Handle-Bar fixation around the headrest-bars
I'll go in the mountains end of this month (up to a mtb-holiday)
will try that setup
      06-13-2012, 06:58 AM   #312
1Mcoupé
Belgium
Rep
Drives: Morgan 3whlr (2012) & 1m

nice picture:
      06-14-2012, 07:08 AM   #313
LuuZ
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Thx, I love that one too, my friend who took it got some good shooting skills ^^
My cam is not a GoPro, it's a Drift HD 170 Stealth, I've got also a bike fixation stuff but the headrest stick is too slim to fix it correctly.....
      06-23-2012, 05:18 AM   #314
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Sold for a reptile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Updated the entries, and got some additional info re allocation:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=232

Hard to believe a small country like Belgium and/or Luxemburg would get almost 30% (214 1Ms) of the US allocation (740 1Ms). Initial allocation was 41 1Ms (less than 20% of 214 1Ms) out of 2700 1Ms worldwide !

Wondering how significantly the 1M production in the BMW Leipzig plant has been increased since past Summer. Earlier info indicated "production changes" in June 2011 (www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=544798). Probably to achieve a substantial production increase ? What's the final target output: 4000 1Ms instead of 2700 1Ms ? Are the French "x/100" stickers and English "ONE of 450" plaques still accurate ?

I guess we'll only know the precise figures once the last 1M will have been manufactured.

If my informer is correct then we'll have 264 units delivered in Belgium & Luxemburg.

Total woldwide 5200........ can someone confirm?
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2012, 03:38 PM   #315
Artemis
Rep
Drives: BMW M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by gs/e60/1m? View Post
[/COLOR]
If my informer is correct then we'll have 264 units delivered in Belgium & Luxemburg.
Total worldwide 5200........ can someone confirm?
A mysterious post surfaced earlier this month with detailed figures, quoting 7473 1M's worldwide:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=514

For Belgium: so far got 82 identified out of (apparently) 214 (not found yet a second source confirming this total figure + Belgium/Luxembourg or Benelux ?):
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...php?p=11467902
      06-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #316
rs-6
Private
Rep
Drives: 125i

anyone knows if there are any new (0km) black 1M's in stock at their dealership?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #317
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs-6 View Post
anyone knows if there are any new (0km) black 1M's in stock at their dealership?
Nope but untill recently a couple of white ones. Dealer said they where the last ones up for grasp so he didn't think twice and ordered them.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 11:53 AM   #318
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Earlier this week a black (BSM) 1M with Belgian Z-plates (dealership) was spotted in Knokke-Heist (http://www.autogespot.com/bmw-1-seri...e-5/2012/06/25). Dealership indication on the license plate holder is not readable. But if you manage to track down which BMW dealership uses Z-plate "1-ZAO-249", you might be lucky (don't know if that one is for sale or from a customer). But be quick if you still want to get one. Otherwise, I'm afraid you got to try your luck on the second hand market.

Alternative: unwrap the matte green 1M from the BMW Cocquyt dealership (Bruges), because its original color is black (BSM) (http://www.autogespot.com/bmw-1-seri...e-3/2012/06/19).

Anyways, good luck with the search.
      06-28-2012, 03:15 PM   #319
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
As I'm considering bringing my car to Belgium, hoping you guys can help me beef up my knowledge on cost of living in the low lands:

how much do you ~ pay for:
1 all risk Insurance (non-discounted for comparison) @ which company
2 Road taxes
3 Registration/license fee
4 etc?

thx
bump,

New in the town (&country). Hope it's not a sensitive topic?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 03:24 PM   #320
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

All risk insurance for me was somewhere in the 1800's euro's...... company AXA
For taxes
http://www.autogids.be/belasting-op-...FZMmfAodTTeT6Q
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 03:29 PM   #321
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
All risk insurance for me was somewhere in the 1800's euro's...... company AXA
For taxes
http://www.autogids.be/belasting-op-...FZMmfAodTTeT6Q
THX!!

Link to the Flemish site asks for registration details which has not taken place yet. But the Brussels part concerns me a bit: should I expect something like ~5000 Euro in registration taxes? Hopefully these are exempted for household goods?

The yearly 'verkeersbelasting' overview raises the questions what is the value for 335PK? Or is the fiscal PK? in that case what is the fiscal PK of the 1M?

Last edited by eeghie; 06-28-2012 at 03:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 03:34 PM   #322
Grey Dove
Major
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Link to the flemish site asks voor registration (which has not taken place yet, but should I expect something like ~5000 Euro in taxes per year?
Well I presume your 1M is '11 so it should be a little less but don't ask how much.

Maybe Artemis could know

Fiscal pk 15
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 03:48 PM   #323
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Quote:
Well I presume your 1M is '11 so it should be a little less but don't ask how much.

Maybe Artemis could know

Fiscal pk 15
Pffffew that's a big load off: at least the yearly amount is not ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #324
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Maybe Artemis could know
Fiscal pk 15
Retrieved the tax document (November 2011) for my 2011 1M.

15 fiscal hp - 250kW
  • one-time "bringing into traffic tax" ("Belasting op inverkeerstelling") (one-time lumpsum): €4,957.00
  • annual "regional traffic tax" ("Verkeersbelasting Gewest") (Brussels Region): €672.40
  • annual "town tax" ("Opdeciem gemeente en eventueel agglomeratie") (Brussels area): €67.25
    Total: €5,696.73
Insurance:
  • full casco insurance (all risk, including proper negligence): €7,441.67
  • semi casco insurance (all risk, except for proper negligence): €2,885.71
Mind you, I have a clean record (bonus malus = zero [accident free]) but the Brussels Region is unfortunately the region with statistically most incidents (accidents, theft, etc.), so crazy premiums for high performance cars (high performance = high risk). If you're domiciled in other areas, premiums are lower (sometimes even in a significant way).

And even with full casco, no cover for crashing your 1M at a race-track. So on the race-track, remember that you're out on your own and at your own peril.

Conclusion: a lot depends on where you will be domiciled/based in Belgium. If you're outside the Brussels region, tariffs are rather decent for high performance cars. Inside the Brussels region, tariffs are high for those types of cars.

As you see, driving fun comes at a price...
      06-29-2012, 11:13 AM   #325
Alino
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep
Drives: VO BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis
Quote:
Maybe Artemis could know
Fiscal pk 15
Retrieved the tax document (November 2011) for my 2011 1M.

15 fiscal hp - 250kW
  • one-time "bringing into traffic tax" ("Belasting op inverkeerstelling") (one-time lumpsum): €4,957.00
  • annual "regional traffic tax" ("Verkeersbelasting Gewest") (Brussels Region): €672.40
  • annual "town tax" ("Opdeciem gemeente en eventueel agglomeratie") (Brussels area): €67.25
    Total: €5,696.73
Insurance:
  • full casco insurance (all risk, including proper negligence): €7,441.67
  • semi casco insurance (all risk, except for proper negligence): €2,885.71
Mind you, I have a clean record (bonus malus = zero [accident free]) but the Brussels Region is unfortunately the region with statistically most incidents (accidents, theft, etc.), so crazy premiums for high performance cars (high performance = high risk). If you're domiciled in other areas, premiums are lower (sometimes even in a significant way).

And even with full casco, no cover for crashing your 1M at a race-track. So on the race-track, remember that you're out on your own and at your own peril.

Conclusion: a lot depends on where you will be domiciled/based in Belgium. If you're outside the Brussels region, tariffs are rather decent for high performance cars. Inside the Brussels region, tariffs are high for those types of cars.

As you see, driving fun comes at a price...
Luckily the 'BIV' has been reduced since april. It's now around 2500€ for a new 1M. Glad that we have a "green" car . If you look at a manual M3, it's now 10 000€ (if you buy one with dkg it is 5000€ because the emissions are a bit lower)

But your insurance is really high :s Glad I don't live in Brussels. I've had a quote from my agent for a full risk insurance and it was around 2000-2500€. Mind you that I'm only 26 and I live in Antwerp city. Not too bad I guess I didn't know it made such a difference where you live

And indeed, on the track you are not covered by your insurance except on the Nordschleife but I wouldn't want to explain it to my agent. I can't imagine that they would accept it without a struggle
      06-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #326
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep

Great input guys thx!!

Another newbie thing: Saw that a lot of cars has a fire extinguisher at the passenger seat, is that mandatory. If so does the dealer install it locally?

Is their a dedicated BMW part number for meeting Belgium law on this? Or is it the standard OEM part number on this page: http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...92&hg=52&fg=95

Last edited by eeghie; 06-30-2012 at 08:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 08:05 AM   #327
Alino
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep

Hello guys

Finally took delivery of my brand new VO BMW 1M and wow. I have it since friday and what a car. I had high expectations of this car but it's even better than expected. Especially the engine sound inside the car is incredible.
Also I'm really glad I changed the color from AW to VO. I love it
Yesterday, I had a small photoshoot with my buddies M3. I'll post the picture very soon.

Regards

Alain
      07-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #328
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Earlier this week a black (BSM) 1M with Belgian Z-plates (dealership) was spotted in Knokke-Heist (http://www.autogespot.com/bmw-1-seri...e-5/2012/06/25). Dealership indication on the license plate holder is not readable. But if you manage to track down which BMW dealership uses Z-plate "1-ZAO-249", you might be lucky (don't know if that one is for sale or from a customer). But be quick if you still want to get one. Otherwise, I'm afraid you got to try your luck on the second hand market.
Alternative: unwrap the matte green 1M from the BMW Cocquyt dealership (Bruges), because its original color is black (BSM) (http://www.autogespot.com/bmw-1-seri...e-3/2012/06/19).
Anyways, good luck with the search.
And another black (BSM) 1M with Belgian Z-plates (dealership) was spotted this week in the whereabouts of Zaventem.
License plate "1-ZAA-492". BMW dealership of Jean-Michel Martin (Anderlecht) (http://www.jmmartin.bmw.be/).
Don't know if that one is still up for sale or from a customer.
http://www.autogespot.com/bmw-1-seri...e-8/2012/07/04

Good luck with your search, rs-6.
      07-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #329
Artemis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alino View Post
Finally took delivery of my brand new VO BMW 1M and wow. I have it since Friday and what a car. I had high expectations of this car but it's even better than expected. Especially the engine sound inside the car is incredible.
Also I'm really glad I changed the color from AW to VO. I love it.
Yesterday, I had a small photoshoot with my buddies M3. I'll post the pictures very soon.

At last the wait is also over for you, Alino !

What made you finally change color choice (from AW to VO), apart from the fact that VO is 1 km/h faster than AW ?

Belgian 1M forum members list was modified:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...&postcount=263

Let's see how long it will take before also your 1M will be spotted and identified:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...25&postcount=1

Last edited by Artemis; 01-09-2015 at 06:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #330
Alino
Enlisted Member
Belgium
Rep

I'll post some pics later tonight with the license plate.

I always liked the VO but I was too afraid to take it. It's orange, you know . But when I saw it in real life I was sold. And I have no regrets. But I have to say, I only like the VO on the 1M. I hate it on the new billboards of the X1 or the new 1 series. The 1M can pull this off. The others can't.

I just hope it doesn't attract the wrong crowd.