BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-16-2013, 11:18 PM   #1
dorkdog
Big Mouth No Filter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i Montego Blue 6MT Sport

Seat repair!

Got my 128 back from Apple today and the seats look great! I had a huge amount of rash (to me) on there; mostly from the prior owner who was, shall we say, portly.

Warranty covered too!
Attached Images

05-17-2013, 02:41 AM   #2
1addyfan
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135i Vert ///M-Sport 6 M-T

Covered under warranty? I thought seat rash was under normal wear and tear...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #3
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
i was told that it wasnt covered either. got it bad on mine. i'm a, how did you say it, portly man. i like to call it fat kid. tried a couple times cause it started to happen after about 3 months of owning the car.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135is

Im also a portly man. I have not gotten any rash or damage to the seats yet (knock on wood). I do however think that the key to preserving our seats is in the way we enter and leave the car. I like to support my self on the base of the car (fully extended arm) and kind of slide over trying to cause the least amount of damage entering and leaving the car. This is a horrible description of my process, but I do think the key rests in the entry and exit of the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 10:36 AM   #5
135Pats
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: A few BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigiggs View Post
Im also a portly man. I have not gotten any rash or damage to the seats yet (knock on wood). I do however think that the key to preserving our seats is in the way we enter and leave the car. I like to support my self on the base of the car (fully extended arm) and kind of slide over trying to cause the least amount of damage entering and leaving the car. This is a horrible description of my process, but I do think the key rests in the entry and exit of the vehicle.
Yup, I put my left hand on the left seat bolster, so when I get out of the car my pants etc rub on my hand and not the seat. I gotta think that's where the wear is taking place. Same goes for when entering the car. I'm pretty avg in terms of weight, maybe 180-190lbs at 6ft. I really don't think that's the issue here, it's all about how you get in and out of the car. Unless you're BIG and you're rubbing over the side bolsters constantly, and in that case the bolster really isn't...bolstering you.

F30 N55 XDrive EBII
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2013, 10:42 AM   #6
Bigiggs
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135Pats View Post
Yup, I put my left hand on the left seat bolster, so when I get out of the car my pants etc rub on my hand and not the seat. I gotta think that's where the wear is taking place. Same goes for when entering the car. I'm pretty avg in terms of weight, maybe 180-190lbs at 6ft. I really don't think that's the issue here, it's all about how you get in and out of the car. Unless you're BIG and you're rubbing over the side bolsters constantly, and in that case the bolster really isn't...bolstering you.
Agreed on the side bolsters!! Im big but by no means obese or fat hahaa
Appreciate 0