BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-25-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
NorthwestN54
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Leather cleaner for carbon residue?

Due to my job as an electrician in the Navy, it's nearly impossible to avoid getting carbon dust (if even a small amount) on the seats in my car....guess I could start bringing a change of clothes...anyway..

I've been using Turtlewax ICE interior care products, and while it picks up surface dirt, I believe the problem is the carbon made it's way into the pores of the leather. Could anyone help me out with recommending a product or technique to fix this?

Aaron
      11-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthwestN54 View Post
Due to my job as an electrician in the Navy, it's nearly impossible to avoid getting carbon dust (if even a small amount) on the seats in my car....guess I could start bringing a change of clothes...anyway..

I've been using Turtlewax ICE interior care products, and while it picks up surface dirt, I believe the problem is the carbon made it's way into the pores of the leather. Could anyone help me out with recommending a product or technique to fix this?

Aaron
If you keep a nice thick microfiber towel (i.e. DI Microfiber Ultra Plush Two Sided Towel) in the car, usually in the arm rest or glove box, that will help you do a quick wipe down. For a thorough interior cleaning of the leather the Leatherique Prestine Clean and the Leatherique Rejuvenator Oil are simply outstanding. It will deep clean and condition the leather so it's looking great year round. To help preserve the seats use the Optimum Protectant Plus (Leather Protectant)on it once every 4 - 6 weeks roughly. This will help block UV rays and it won't look or feel greasy. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be happy to help.

Greg @ DI
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #3
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Go to www.calcarcover.com and check on CTBLK...a black terry cloth seat cover that slips over head rest and away you go. Got one for summer use here, and used it every day until fall came when its not so hot. I took it out for special evenings, shows etc..but for daily driving it saved a lot a unneccesay dirt collecting directly into the leather....when a bit dirty just pop it in washer. The black above would be idea I think...$29.99 and worth it all. It will not protect your arm rests etc..and you would need to feed and condition the seats anyway, and should regularly, but the carbon will be caught, contained and then washed away as needed. The covers come in black, grey and tan. Hope this helps some...
Appreciate 0