BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-13-2017, 02:53 PM   #1
TGel15
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 128i

HELP! Lux Angel Eyes -> Failed Xenon Headlight Ballast

I have another issue that hopefully one of you can chime in about.

So only a few weeks ago i installed the lux color adjustable angel eyes and set them to 5,000k to match the eyebrows, I made sure to velcro the lux angel eyes ballast in the proper position inside the housings because I've heard some people have issues with this additional ballast affecting the adaptive headlights movement. Just the other day one of my xenon headlight ballasts failed and the BMW tech thinks that its related to the lux angel eyes being in there. The gentleman at turner motorsports told me that he doesn't believe they are related and that the headlight ballast could have just failed. The car is a 2013 so 4 years for a headlight ballast to fail is definitely premature? I am now torn with either having them keep the lux angel eyes installed (love the updated matching white light look) and potentially have it cause another ballast to short out (745$ yikes) or just have BMW switch the angel eyes back to the ugly stock yellow light.

Does anyone know if these two things are related?
Could it have been heat related? do they draw from the same power source?
ANY HELP IS GREATLY APPRECIATED. This has become more of a headache than I was ready for.
I have to get back to BMW about what to do by tomorrow morning.
Appreciate 0