BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

11-23-2010, 08:01 PM   #45
Wraith
Captain
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woland's Advocate View Post
Audis? Fall apart? You must get different ones on your side of the pond from us. Over here they are legendary for their build quality in a way BMW and Mercedes just aren't.
Interesting, there are certainly lots of documented cases over many years from Audi owners of all types having more than their fair share of problems and on this side of the pond, Audi dealerships have a nasty rep of not being much help with such probs either which confounds the matter.

I've actually a couple of previous Audi owners who'd never own another because of this situation...enough said on this off topic...

Getting back to the interiors, it's certainly hard to argue about the design and end look of Audi interiors, (quality/longevity especially the leather seats is another story) they are simply superb ! BMW need to step up their act in this department to even come close...

Specified colour of black with orange stitching should IMHO look nice with either one of the 3 specified exterior colours, only a pity as others have stated there isn't a greater choice - BMW has it all there if they wanted to make it available...
Appreciate 0
      11-23-2010, 10:49 PM   #46
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post

Specified colour of black with orange stitching should IMHO look nice with either one of the 3 specified exterior colours, only a pity as others have stated there isn't a greater choice - BMW has it all there if they wanted to make it available...
Exactly.... the people at the event saw that stitching with two of the three colors (black and valencia orange).... I am absolutely sure that the stitching was not one of the hot topics at our post event debrief at the local bar...
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2010, 03:16 AM   #47
EmmDrei
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2011 Saphire Black 1M Coupé

Could you give us an idea what the interior on the two pre production cars looked like, that they showed you?

I am trying to find out, if the car will be stacked up with sensless gizmos again or if they will actually offer something that is functional and not overloaded.

I'll take a manual seat over something powerized any day and I prefer cloth to leather. I don't need plastic-aluminum, just make it black on black (stitch it too, fine with me, just keep the rest black).

Would either of the two cars they showed you fit that type of description?
      11-17-2016, 10:00 PM   #48
nateg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i MSport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblackangus View Post
Wow Seriously hope the orange stitching is not the case. If so BMW just lost a customer, I don't intend to get the Valencia Orange car and most certainly don't want orange stitching all over the interior of my red car.
Actually if all interiors are black the its a terrible shame, as I was hoping for while with red leather. (OR Monte Carlo Blue and black or a deep brown)

This may sound silly but its like selling the car in only lime green, that would turn many of people off.

If the wheel stitching is tri color and the rest is orange that would be awefull, and if the steering was orange I would feel like I'm driving a Halloween car.

I guess they likely wont sell well at all at this rate.
I simply cant imagine more than a few hand fulls of people who would put up with orange stitching on the interior. Maybe it looks better than what I have in my mind...
just read this and it made me laugh. yeah. they definitely didn't sell well

Last edited by nateg; 11-17-2016 at 10:00 PM.. Reason: bad spelling
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 06:33 AM   #49
Ric in RVA
Bergspyder
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i Sport 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateg View Post
just read this and it made me laugh. yeah. they definitely didn't sell well

Now THAT is funny.

Wonder if anyone cancelled?

2011 128i 6 MT Sport, 2009 Cayman 987.2, 2011 528i N52, 2018 F150 Platinum
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2016, 09:41 PM   #50
nateg
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i MSport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric in RVA View Post
Now THAT is funny.

Wonder if anyone cancelled?
They are kicking themselves for sure if they did! That's the trouble with money, it doesn't always belong to the bright.
Appreciate 0