BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

10-18-2014, 11:05 AM   #177
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by edisapimp View Post
Although this would be funny and a total embarrassment, it's not the point. He would be silly to think that his (or any other dinan stage 1,2,3) car would hang with an FBO jb4/cobb car (meth or not), and he'll tell you that, too. He's never been arguing the point that the Dinan tune is faster than any other tune, or even "better" than any other tune. He's merely arguing that for some people's purposes, budgets, and motivations it's better - this has been reiterated over and over again. This is like saying that for some people green pants are better than blue. In fact it's SUCH a moot point at this stage I can't believe anyone is continuing to lend any creedance to either side of the argument. Most of us have got exactly what we want, or at least we're lying to ourselves and everyone else saying that we have what we want, which leaves nothing left to argue over. Cool!?
edisapimp, Thank you for the response. Good thing I am not a silly person.

Here is the link to my first post on this thread. MuNkY6913, read it. This is not a race.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=10
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 11:25 AM   #178
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunner View Post

Here is the link to my first post on this thread. MuNkY6913, read it. This is not a race.

Nope. Not reading it. I want to race you and show you with a log that I can take from my phone how well my car and everything is performing with the BMS system instead of dinan. Just because you posted something different in your first post doesn't mean I need to ignore everything else you've posted. Lets do this. Tomorrow. 1 pm Philly. I already told you were to find the specifics. Backup all the videos and comments and tech stuff you were posting. Like I said the last couple pages of posts from you point to you saying, not specifically, dinan is the best out there. You have dinan and I don't, let's see which is best. Don't back out now, you had such a strong thing going with all the rave reviews you found.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #179
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Quote:

That's right. I'm not letting it go. Your very first post you start to compare the two systems. First thing you do is disagree with someone's opinion and say dinan is the best of the best so Ed, yes he did say it was better, in his first post. Then you post a video and say let this change your mind if you disagree. I've had BMS in my car for 3 years now and have never had a morning where it didn't start. Then you talk about warranty work, I've had 2 of those 3 years under warranty and everything that had to deal with warranty was done to my car by the dealer, wasn't even the dealer that I purchased it at. My car is just as reliable as yours is and has a hell of a lot more performance in it with a lot more tuning options than yours, which is dinan. I'm not sure if it's only some car guys but those tuning options and extras are pretty cool. You do realize you started comparing the 2 systems. When saying I don't want to have to take stuff off to go to the dealer or worry about check engine lights and emailing someone, that's making a comparison that you don't have to do that with dinan. I only read that first page. Honestly when you compare something and then say stop trying to compare in the same post it makes you look a little on the mental side of things. You know where I'll be at 1pm tomorrow 3 and a half hour drive for me, 2 for you. We can see if both cars start and see who's performs better, who's gets a check engine light and then let's check price tag. I'm proud as shit of my car because I did it. I didn't pay someone to do it. Talk is cheap, back up your statement of best of the best.

2009 135i : BMS JB4 G5 ISO,CXRacing FMIC Kit,Injen Cold Air Intake,Evolution Raceworks Charge Pipe,Walboro Inline Fuel Pump, E85 BMS Backend Flash w/ 60% E85,BMS Meth injection (trunkmount),BMS dual meth nozzles,Spec stage 2+ clutch w/ steel SWFW,BMS Catless Downpipes,Berk Tech Race Axleback
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 05:12 PM   #180
darkrom
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i

You are only allowed to compare on forums. Dinan isn't for racing, its for talking about how much better your product is. He can't pull logs. It doesn't have the capability. So all that talk about how much better the car is running with his head buried in the sand.

There is NO way he would race you, despite having the "more reliable tune" and proven engineered power. Also it doesn't even matter because as soon as you showed up and started the car things would fail and the drive train will commit suicide. Because every single one of us JB4 owners have catastrophic failures constantly on these cars that we all lease.

Notice how the arguments are kind of all over the place, desperate for something to "work" to convince us that Dinan tunes are somehow worth it?
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 05:34 PM   #181
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

@MuNkY6913 and @Chunner you guys NEED to "chill out" and make "nice". No need for meeting up IRL for some grudge match. It's ok to disagree but lets not digress.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2014, 05:56 PM   #182
MuNkY6913
The Crowing
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
@MuNkY6913 and @Chunner you guys NEED to "chill out" and make "nice". No need for meeting up IRL for some grudge match. It's ok to disagree but lets not digress.
Chilled. Just inviting another BMW enthusiast to take a drive and admire some of the beautiful fall scenery PA has to offer. By the way @chunner your is looks very nice, might I add. Very good choice on wheels.

Appreciate 1
      10-18-2014, 07:39 PM   #183
Chunner
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 135is | #341/586

Garage List
MuNkY6913, I will say that your aggressive and inflammatory invitation was not welcomed. However, it is clearly apparent that we are all very enthusiastic and passionate about our vehicles and chosen modifications. As our moderator, Dakelone has asked, we will not digress but of course we can disagree. Nevertheless, I accept your drink and throw one right back at you.

Cheers.
2013 BMW 135is Coupe | Dinan Stage 3 | M3 Subframe Bushings | Dinan Monoball Joints | Dinan Toe Links | 1M Strut Bar | MPS AS/3 - VMR 710's 18x8.5 ET45 / 18x9.5 ET50 | MPSS - BMW 313's 18x7.5 / 18x8.5 | Min Grey, Savanna | Prem, Tech | DCT | Beast #341/586 |

2021 BMW X7 M50i | Alpine White | Children Hauler
Appreciate 1
      01-19-2018, 10:34 PM   #184
matreyia
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Convertible Montego Blue

Quote:
I would disagree with you sir. I most certainly believe that you get what you pay for and paying for Dinan is the creme de la creme, i.e., the best of the best. Do not agree with me? Read this article and let the stanceworks change your mind.

http://www.stanceworks.com/2014/02/m...n-engineering/

In the morning, I just want my 1er to start and go. No codes, no email the guy, no remove the box cause i'm going to the dealer. I just want to go. If I'm not at fast as those juice boxes. So be it. Although, I am totally happy with my 408 lbs of tq and 373 bhp.

Nevertheless, the dam thing should start. That is all I ask and from reading around these forums for the past 2 years. I have never seen a Dinan car not start but have read plenty "help me" threads from those Juice box guys. In fact, there is one from today, or was it last night?

So stop the comparing. You just cant do it. Its silly. Its not apples and oranges. With Dinan, your buying and engineering company.

Lets get back on track and on to the OP's original post.

You are correct in your explanation. Reliability is what you pay for when buying Dinan...not raw power. Even with the cheapest deal and most power, there is always someone faster. So you're just chasing a shadow if you think that you got a great deal on 700hp or whatever ludicrous number you happen to have. Because I guarantee that your shit is going to go kaputt way before a typical Dinan build would. And at that point you will be slower than a pedestrian.
Appreciate 0