BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-17-2013, 07:50 AM   #45
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

OK, bringing this thread back from the dead....

Ordered BMW Apps on my 2013 135i with iDrive. Connected my phone with the BMW Connected app loaded (iPhone5, iOS7) via an Apple OEM USB cable to the USB port under the armrest ............ and .......... nothing?

Am I missing something here. Can't find any menus that mention any of these apps, can not connect to the car in the Connected app on my phone.

WTF am I doing wrong?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 04:09 AM   #46
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Kick.

My car has BMW apps. They work fine, though I don't use them very much.

Anyway today I collected the new oem iPhone5 Snap In adapter(ordered it more than 1 year ago...) It's a nice piece of kit. It's not only a batterycharger but works with apps too(but also did the lightning cable via BT so nothing special here!).

Now the bad news. The thing costs 200,- euros...

Am I being ripped off or what? Off course it's nice to have the Phone inside the centre armrest and not in front of the gearlever, but come on, that's a lot of money for a thing a cable plus BT can do as well isn't it?

Any thoughts?

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 07:00 AM   #47
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Which version of the snap in adapter did you get? The "phone" or the "connect"? There is a new version supposed to come out early this year ("music/media") which will allow the full functionality.

Quote:
Connect version

Same function as the Media Snap-in Adapter.
Specific to NBT vehicles and support BMW APPS, these include many MY2013 SA 6NF 6NR optioned vehicles and most MY2014 SA 6NR 6NS vehicles. CIC vehicles with SA 6NR and 6NS will not support audio out with the Connect device. These will require the soon to be released Music/Media device which is expected early 2014.
http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 09:21 AM   #48
Robin_NL
S0THPAW
Rep
Drives: HS M2 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech View Post
Which version of the snap in adapter did you get? The "phone" or the "connect"? There is a new version supposed to come out early this year ("music/media") which will allow the full functionality.

http://www.getbmwparts.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
Thanks for the info.
It's the newest one I've been told so I don't feel ripped off though it's a lot of beer, 200 euros LOL

Cheers
Robin
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 10:08 PM   #49
l888apex
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: #30/740 BSM 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyMouseTech
OK, bringing this thread back from the dead....

Ordered BMW Apps on my 2013 135i with iDrive. Connected my phone with the BMW Connected app loaded (iPhone5, iOS7) via an Apple OEM USB cable to the USB port under the armrest ............ and .......... nothing?

Am I missing something here. Can't find any menus that mention any of these apps, can not connect to the car in the Connected app on my phone.

WTF am I doing wrong?
Some suggestions:

Decode VIN to verify option.

In the ConnectedDrive menu is where you access BMW Apps.

Make sure the phone is unlocked and stays that way and the app should be in the full window and open (not running in background).

It should work as simple as that and if not there is something strange going on. Could need a software update on car or maybe the option was overlooked in production/ordering by dealer?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 08:45 AM   #50
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l888apex View Post
Some suggestions:

Still looking into this.

I have no option in the 'Connected Drive" menu to the Apps.

I have a feeling it was not enabled when we did our EU delivery, and they forgot to add it at PDI here. They had forgotten to add the North American maps when they did the PDI, was showing my car in the middle of the Atlantic.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2015, 09:56 AM   #51
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Can someone post a picture of the "Connected Drive" menu showing the "Apps" function?

I went to the dealer, and all they said was "You have to buy the cradle" and walked away.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 04:08 PM   #52
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by l888apex View Post
Some suggestions:

Make sure the phone is unlocked and stays that way and the app should be in the full window and open (not running in background).

It should work as simple as that and if not there is something strange going on. Could need a software update on car or maybe the option was overlooked in production/ordering by dealer?
VIN Decode:

Edit: No 6NR. Fuck. No wonder. I paid for it, guess yet ANOTHER trip to the dealer.

Order options
No. Description
1CA SELECTION COP RELEVANT VEHICLES
2NF M L.A. WHEELS DOUBLE SP. 313M18"/MT
249 MULTI-FUNCTION FOR STEERING WHEEL
319 INTEGRATED UNIVERSAL REMOTE CONTROL
322 COMFORT ACCESS SYSTEM
4MG INT. TRIM FIN. ALU GLACIER SILVER
4NE BLOW-BY-HEATER
403 GLAS ROOF, ELECTRIC
423 FLOOR MATS, VELOUR
428 WARNING TRIANGLE
431 INTERIOR RR VW MIRROR W AUT ANTI-D
442 CUPHOLDER
459 SEAT ADJUSTM., ELECTR. W. MEMORY
481 SPORT SEATS F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
488 LUMBAR SUPPORT DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
494 SEAT HEATING F DRIVER/FRONT PASSENGER
502 HEADLIGHT WASHER SYSTEM
507 PARK DISTANCE CONTROL (PDC)
521 RAIN SENSOR
522 XENON LIGHT
524 ADAPTIVE HEADLIGHTS
534 AUTOMATIC AIR CONDITIONING
540 CRUISE CONTROL
548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING
563 LIGHTS PACKAGE
6AA BMW TELESERVICES
6AB CONTROL TELESERVICES
6FL USB-/AUDIO INTERFACE
6NF EXT.CON.OF THE MUSIC PLAY.I.MOBILPH
6VC CONTROL COMBOX
609 NAVIGATION SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL
620 VOICE INPUT SYSTEM
639 COMPLETE PREP. CELLULAR PHONE USA/CDN
655 SATELLITE RADIO
688 HARMAN/KARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM
697 AREA-CODE 1
7MF EDITION SPORT
704 M SPORT SUSPENSION
710 M LEATHER STEERING WHEEL
760 INDIVIDUAL HIGH-GLOSS SATIN CHROME
775 INDIVIDUAL ROOF-LINING ANTHRACITE
8SC COUNTRY SPEC. RELEASE OF TELESERVICE
8SP COP CONTROL
838 CANADIAN VERSION
925 SHIPPING PROTECTION PACKAGE

Series options
No. Description
321 EXTERIOR PARTS IN BODY COLOR
473 ARMREST, FRONT
645 RADIO CONTROL US
823 HOT CLIMATE VERSION
845 ACOUSTIC BELT WARNING
850 ADD FUEL TANK FILLING FOR EXPORT
853 LANGUAGE VERSION ENGLISH
876 RADIO FREQUENCY 315 MHZ

Last edited by MightyMouseTech; 06-01-2015 at 04:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 03:09 AM   #53
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
VIN Decode:

Edit: No 6NR. Fuck. No wonder. I paid for it, guess yet ANOTHER trip to the dealer.
548 SPEEDOMETER WITH KILOMETER READING
6VC CONTROL COMBOX
7MF EDITION SPORT
704 M SPORT SUSPENSION
Bummer, but the good news is, you already got the combox, so no extra hardware is needed, ie imo only software update.

Warning off topic:
Thx for posting your VO list. There's a couple of interesting off topic VO entries in your Canadian 1M, that I will research (in time).

1. (option 548) I've been researching how to get speed confirmation in KM unit, when setting the cruise control. Can you confirm that your 1M states the chosen speed in KM on the middle small screen just between the dials at the moment you set the CC speed?

2. (options 7MF & 704) Although globally all 1Ms have equal suspension hardware, US cars do not have these option codes. So I wonder if these options codes are pure administrative or if they do tweak some of the software settings (least likely). TBC
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 07:04 AM   #54
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie View Post
Bummer, but the good news is, you already got the combox, so no extra hardware is needed, ie imo only software update.

Warning off topic:
Thx for posting your VO list. There's a couple of interesting off topic VO entries in your Canadian 1M, that I will research (in time).

1. (option 548) I've been researching how to get speed confirmation in KM unit, when setting the cruise control. Can you confirm that your 1M states the chosen speed in KM on the middle small screen just between the dials at the moment you set the CC speed?

2. (options 7MF & 704) Although globally all 1Ms have equal suspension hardware, US cars do not have these option codes. So I wonder if these options codes are pure administrative or if they do tweak some of the software settings (least likely). TBC
My car is not a 1M. At the end of production in 2013, BMW Canada offered a special "M Sport Edition", that is the 7MF code. The US 135is has the same code. It is basically the same as the 135is if optioned correctly. It came with the 313 wheels standard, and I was able to order the black leather with blue stitching, and blue edged floor mats just like the "is", the only real differences are essentially I had to add the PPK and PE myself, and the car came with blacklines. Park my car beside a loaded 135is, and the only difference is the missing badges and the taillights.

I do get the speed showing up for a moment digitally in the gauges when I set the cruise, or adjust the speed in the cruise. It is on for a second or two then goes away. It is also not adjusted speed like the speedo, it is usually 5% lower than what the speedo says, but it is also not true speed according to my GPS. Hope this helps.

Last edited by MightyMouseTech; 06-02-2015 at 07:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 11:27 AM   #55
eeghie
Kind of a big deal
Rep
Drives: an 1M not often enough

Quote:
My car is not a 1M. At the end of production in 2013, BMW Canada offered a special "M Sport Edition", that is the 7MF code. The US 135is has the same code. It is basically the same as the 135is if optioned correctly. It came with the 313 wheels standard, and I was able to order the black leather with blue stitching, and blue edged floor mats just like the "is", the only real differences are essentially I had to add the PPK and PE myself, and the car came with blacklines. Park my car beside a loaded 135is, and the only difference is the missing badges and the taillights.

I do get the speed showing up for a moment digitally in the gauges when I set the cruise, or adjust the speed in the cruise. It is on for a second or two then goes away. It is also not adjusted speed like the speedo, it is usually 5% lower than what the speedo says, but it is also not true speed according to my GPS. Hope this helps.
That explains the 7XX VO codes. THX for the confirmation on the CC display behavior. Will be trying the 548 option code on my US 1M gauges (=kombi module) to get that same behavior. The adjustment between speedo and real/GPS speed is solved by setting Kombi parameter BC_DIGITAL_V_KORREKTUR to 'nicht_active' (through DIY coding)
Appreciate 0
      06-02-2015, 02:35 PM   #56
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eeghie
Quote:

That explains the 7XX VO codes. THX for the confirmation on the CC display behavior. Will be trying the 548 option code on my US 1M gauges (=kombi module) to get that same behavior. The adjustment between speedo and real/GPS speed is solved by setting Kombi parameter BC_DIGITAL_V_KORREKTUR to 'nicht_active' (through DIY coding)
Cool, good luck.

I will probably be ordering the BMWHat app, so can adjust with that.
Appreciate 0