BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-22-2012, 12:54 AM   #1
ChuckD05
NeedsMoarBoost
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i / 06 e90 325xi

Garage List
FS: 135i Bi-Xenon Headlights , Both Pass and Driver Side

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I have both a passenger and drivers side Bi-Xenon Headlight assembly for sale off of my 2008 135i ...

I had the lenses wet-sanded at my body shop to make them look better about 4 months ago, but than the adaptive headlight motor went on one, than on the other within a few weeks of each other!!! The lenses have no major scratches or yellowing but have a little fine scratches seen when the headlights are on from the wet sand job but look 100x better than what they did prior to the restoration.

BMW replaced one headlight assembly and motor under warranty which made me find a mint assembly on ebay for the other side, so I had two brand new looking units... But before the other motor went I already ordered another new headlight so I paid for the other one. BMW is good at making things breakunisonicen (coils are like this too, lol).

I think these would be a great upgrade for a 128i owner to upgrade. You would have to get them coded to work properly... And I am not sure exactly what you will need to get the adaptive headfunctionfuntion working again, (I think its around 140 bucks for either side for the motor) OR you can simply code out the adaptive headlight function which is what I was going to do if BMW did not cover the failure. I actually have a aftermarket Acura care warranty and have friends in the dealer so I pushed for them to replace the whole headlight assembly and they did instead of just replacing the motor! I got lucky...

I see them on ebay for all different prices but I would rather do someone a favor than try to get top dollar for them.... I am pricing these on the bottom portion of the price spectrum that I have seen.

I will sell either side for $200 shipped.. or 375 Shipped for the pair.... I will post pics of the headlights shortly...

To be clear, this is for the entire headlight assembly but no HID bulbs, you will need a set of D1S bulbs, I can send you a link to a good spot for quality bulbs for a VERY reasonable price... I had to transfer my bulbs over to the new headlights, that is why they are not included...

If you are local to Long Island New York I will meet you half way and sell them for a reduced price for eliminating shipping and paypal...

Thanks for looking and LMK if you have any questions or concerns...

Last edited by ChuckD05; 06-06-2012 at 03:23 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
illiniwekchief
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 Lemans Blue 135i

Ive got a bad one at the moment just spent $150 for a smashed one on ebay so i could take the circuit board out that controls the adaptive lights as mine was wet. If that does not work do you have any specific information on how i can code out the feature? Let me know and GLWS
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
ChuckD05
NeedsMoarBoost
United_States
Rep

Garage List
check the coding section of this forum, I am a newb on coding, but there are always guys in everyones area that like to do this stuff... there are several in NY that do it for free... I know there are a few guys that do it remotely too....

maybe your regional section for people in your area that code, for people who know how to do it , its an easy side job for them... OR check the coding threads, buy the cable on ebay or a website for 70-100 bucks and im sure you can find the info you need in the coding threads... I saw one thread has a list off all the values that do different things...

Good Luck...

PS . I am pretty sure you need to get the new unit reencoded at BMW if you remove it from one headlight and put it into another... I know BMW told me it would be an hour labor to do so if I purchased a new motor for mine when it broke. I also believe the part you need is only 180.00 so you could of just got the part instead of the busted headlight , so if you did the work yourself it shouldnt cost you more than 400.00 with having bmw code in the motor for your... the headlight motors seem to go bad , its just a matter of when, I would replace with a new unit over a used one.

OR pay zero or next to zero and code out adaptive headlights... they would have to modify your vehicles VO or whatever its called that lists your features than do some coding... I am a newb so take what i say with a grain of salt and confirm this with a pro.
      04-22-2012, 02:52 PM   #4
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Are ballasts included?
      04-22-2012, 07:23 PM   #5
illiniwekchief
Second Lieutenant
Rep

I bought a complete setup with bulb ballast and all , so i could sell what i didnt need. There was water in my ballast and the light would not come on. i got that dried out but the adaptive is still bad.
The problem is the motor that is easy to change (screws out) appears to just control the auto level. The side to side is controlled by what ever is in the little black box behind the projector is, not likely water got in there, but there is a chance it broke from the ballast from my new angel eyes.
I have read conflicting reports on coding in the adaptive circuit board, some have said it doesnt need it others say it does. Im going to swap it and see.

My cable for coding is on the way in case it does not work and anyways ive been wanting to turn off the chime and turn on the digital spedometer anywyas. It seems easy to do so your lights should be an easy sell to a 128i looking to upgrade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckD05 View Post
check the coding section of this forum, I am a newb on coding, but there are always guys in everyones area that like to do this stuff... there are several in NY that do it for free... I know there are a few guys that do it remotely too....

maybe your regional section for people in your area that code, for people who know how to do it , its an easy side job for them... OR check the coding threads, buy the cable on ebay or a website for 70-100 bucks and im sure you can find the info you need in the coding threads... I saw one thread has a list off all the values that do different things...

Good Luck...

PS . I am pretty sure you need to get the new unit reencoded at BMW if you remove it from one headlight and put it into another... I know BMW told me it would be an hour labor to do so if I purchased a new motor for mine when it broke. I also believe the part you need is only 180.00 so you could of just got the part instead of the busted headlight , so if you did the work yourself it shouldnt cost you more than 400.00 with having bmw code in the motor for your... the headlight motors seem to go bad , its just a matter of when, I would replace with a new unit over a used one.

OR pay zero or next to zero and code out adaptive headlights... they would have to modify your vehicles VO or whatever its called that lists your features than do some coding... I am a newb so take what i say with a grain of salt and confirm this with a pro.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2012, 08:47 PM   #6
Satalite
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i

Garage List
2009 128i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Satalite View Post
Are ballasts included?
Could you also post some pictures when you get the chance. I was thinking about upgrading my halogen lights and wanted to check with my local dealer this weekend before I do so.

Are you including the:

CONTROL UNIT PN# - 63117180050

You can check the diagram below but I am sure you are including everything but number 13 - the D1S bulb?

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...06&hg=63&fg=05
      05-04-2012, 02:33 AM   #7
ChuckD05
NeedsMoarBoost
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump... I have pictures finally and will be posted tomorrow... Both are off the car and ready to ship

Will sell the pair for 325 shipped at this point, just want them gone...
      05-06-2012, 06:03 PM   #8
illiniwekchief
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Im error free. It took a couple hours reading today but i was able to code out the adaptive headlight failure message. I also added a digital speedometer. These light should make someone a great deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illiniwekchief View Post
I bought a complete setup with bulb ballast and all , so i could sell what i didnt need. There was water in my ballast and the light would not come on. i got that dried out but the adaptive is still bad.
The problem is the motor that is easy to change (screws out) appears to just control the auto level. The side to side is controlled by what ever is in the little black box behind the projector is, not likely water got in there, but there is a chance it broke from the ballast from my new angel eyes.
I have read conflicting reports on coding in the adaptive circuit board, some have said it doesnt need it others say it does. Im going to swap it and see.

My cable for coding is on the way in case it does not work and anyways ive been wanting to turn off the chime and turn on the digital spedometer anywyas. It seems easy to do so your lights should be an easy sell to a 128i looking to upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #9
Cb4h
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 328 Coupe

still available?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2012, 10:30 PM   #10
ChuckD05
NeedsMoarBoost
United_States
Rep

Garage List
yea,sorry i dont know why i didnt get pictures up yet, but i have both available
      06-06-2012, 03:23 PM   #11
ChuckD05
NeedsMoarBoost
United_States
Rep

Garage List
pictures finally added < SORRY
      06-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #12
IancoleTX
Dillo boxers
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

hey dude your PM box is full.

So is there any issue with these lights? I couldn't exactly tell from the OP
      07-18-2012, 07:40 PM   #13
Apiasto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 128i

Hey I can't PM (newbie period I guess) but I am interested. Please email me at kgatanis1@gmail.com and we can further discuss on that medium. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
Apiasto
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Black 128i

Still available? You stopped responding I can meet up tomorrow to take a look at these/buy them
Appreciate 0