BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-21-2011, 09:22 AM   #23
Amalfitano
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i STEP, Future //M2012

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2178 View Post
Hmm, thanks guys - I didn't think I could add on the performance suspension and still run stock - my region pro's basically said the same thing but I thought I'd ask. Basically it looks like wheels and hoosiers is the best thing I can do and still run stock, after that koni adjustables but that's pretty much it.
I think there's a lot of support for the Front Sway being the best/$ move you can do.

There's also at least one *live* example on here that fit 245 hoosiers on breyton gts-r's. I'm not even sure there is another wheel that's close enough to the stock offset in 7.5" width other than the breyton's that's light enough to be worth it. I think his approach on paper seems the best, take off R6's for cost reasons when running locally.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2011, 09:44 AM   #24
DriveHard
Colonel
Colombia
Rep
Drives: X1 and R58 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalfitano View Post
"Brake calipers and mounting brackets may be replaced provided they
bolt to the standard locations and the number of pistons is equal to or
greater than standard."

I have no idea how i didn't spot this part of the passage... guess i'm getting old
So this means i am back in D-Stock !!!! I mean, i want to follow the rules, and i only auto-x for fun, but i couldnt "hide" the brakes from any body that would protest. I perfer D-stock because i can more relate to others and my experience.

Im glad im only auto-x ing on a local level with the same "guys" all the time, so i am going to take the no harm no foul approach.
      03-21-2011, 09:47 AM   #25
Amalfitano
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i STEP, Future //M2012

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Just to be sure, that was in the Street Touring, STX/STU specific entry.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 08:51 AM   #26
jb2178
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i

Quote:
I think there's a lot of support for the Front Sway being the best/$ move you can do.

There's also at least one *live* example on here that fit 245 hoosiers on breyton gts-r's. I'm not even sure there is another wheel that's close enough to the stock offset in 7.5" width other than the breyton's that's light enough to be worth it. I think his approach on paper seems the best, take off R6's for cost reasons when running locally.
I did the E93 front sway but only have one wet autocross with it on so I still haven't tested it at the limit. I'm also currently running upsized star specs (225/235) on my 17 inch wheels - the problem is I'm chasing an E30 on hoosiers who just bought koni adjustables with a fast driver...

At the end of the day I don't think my 128i will be my purpose built auto-crosser, I'd like to get an older car for that once my 1 is paid for so staying D-Stock seems like the most reasonable option. For now I will probably just focus on improving the driver!
Attached Images

03-22-2011, 05:33 PM   #27
ScarecrowBoat
Zooombie attaaack!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb2178 View Post
I did the E93 front sway but only have one wet autocross with it on so I still haven't tested it at the limit. I'm also currently running upsized star specs (225/235) on my 17 inch wheels - the problem is I'm chasing an E30 on hoosiers who just bought koni adjustables with a fast driver...

At the end of the day I don't think my 128i will be my purpose built auto-crosser, I'd like to get an older car for that once my 1 is paid for so staying D-Stock seems like the most reasonable option. For now I will probably just focus on improving the driver!
Are you cornering pretty hard there? It doesn't look like it's rolling at all
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #28
cpt97m3
AutoXer
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Quote:

Yes, don't forget the front sway bar. A very nice improvement for stock class autox and street use.