BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-30-2024, 06:57 PM   #1
Dyode
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

Fault code2DD6

Fault code 2DD6 on 2011 135i,N55,E82
Fault code 2DD6 pops up after changing a very corroded starter/alternator cable, crimped end came off with a little tug. When the ignition is turned on without starting there is clatter/rattling sound from the top of engine near the Valvetronic system. All wiring from 11 pin Valvetronic connector to DME connector X60004 was tested for opens and shorts and all tested ok.
I’m thinking the Valvetronic motor is stuck at an extreme position and can’t get back to a normal programmed position that may have been caused by a very low system voltage when attempting to start with the corroded cable, the voltage was so low it would not start and the limited conductive cross section of the cable over heated the insulation, see pics, the equivalent conductive cross section of the corroded cable was about the size of a wire coat hanger.
I tried removing adaptations with ProTool Pro and it responded with “operation successful” but the 2DD6 fault and clatter/rattling sound when ignition is turned on persists. I did a quick internet search to reset the Valvetronic system found instructions to turn ignition on(do not start) and put throttle to the floor and release, repeat that 10 times, tried that without success. IS there a way to reset the Valetronic system?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0