E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > European Delivery Information

05-18-2006, 08:20 AM   #199
raptorctr
Registered
Rep
Drives: na

Sorry, i meant that all the dealers are telling me I can keep it in europe for up to 3 months if you lease.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2006, 01:02 AM   #200
tracerit
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 BRZ Limited 6MT

I've only read a few of the posts, but I have some questions:

1. In order to take advantage of ED, you have to pay for the whole car upfront, no financing or leasing is available right?
2. Are there any sales tax for the US? I live in California
3. Does BMW pay for the stay in Europe (i doubt this lol)?
4. What is PD? Is it a driving school and where is it?
5. What does BMW pay for throughout the ED process? flight tickets to Munich? Cab to Munich?
6. How long SHOULD one stay in Europe to fully take advantage of ED? And what cities should one visit?

wow, that's a lot more questions than i originally thought of haha.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2006, 03:27 PM   #201
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit
I've only read a few of the posts, but I have some questions:

1. In order to take advantage of ED, you have to pay for the whole car upfront, no financing or leasing is available right?
2. Are there any sales tax for the US? I live in California
3. Does BMW pay for the stay in Europe (i doubt this lol)?
4. What is PD? Is it a driving school and where is it?
5. What does BMW pay for throughout the ED process? flight tickets to Munich? Cab to Munich?
6. How long SHOULD one stay in Europe to fully take advantage of ED? And what cities should one visit?
I'll try to answer your questions, but you really should go to bimmerfest.com. There's a forum on European Delivery.

1. You pay upfront but you can finance or lease it too. You have to pay at 2-weeks before Munich delivery and on average, you'll pay 2-months for the car while it's in transit.

2. You pay the normal CA State sales tax.

3. No BMW doesn't pay for anything, since they already give you on average a 2500-3000 discount. However, there is a ED promotion with Lufthansa Airlines of buy one get one free, but you still have to pay the taxes on the free ticket. Also depending on your location and time of year, sometimes you can find cheaper tickets yourself.

4. PD = Performance Center Delivery that's in S. Carolina (nothing to do with ED).

5. See #3, you already asked and answered.

6. Typically at least a week.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2006, 09:07 AM   #202
desinole
Private
Rep
Drives: Nissan

Quote:
Sorry, i meant that all the dealers are telling me I can keep it in europe for up to 3 months if you lease.
I do not see it mentioned in the BMW website. You might want to call BMWFS and ask them. That is the only solution that I can think of.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2006, 03:08 PM   #203
tkochh
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracerit
14 days, since that is how long the BMW provided insurance is good for. Of course, they're glad to extend it for a reasonable price.

Cities to see: Well, that depends. You shoud definately see Munich. Otherwise, I would recommend several cities in Austria. Salzburg and Vienna are wonderful. And, a short drive shouth of Salzburg is the Grossglockner road, arguably one of the most scenic and amazing driving experiences you will ever have.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #204
abc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
I'll try to answer your questions, but you really should go to bimmerfest.com. There's a forum on European Delivery.

1. You pay upfront but you can finance or lease it too. You have to pay at 2-weeks before Munich delivery and on average, you'll pay 2-months for the car while it's in transit.

2. You pay the normal CA State sales tax.

3. No BMW doesn't pay for anything, since they already give you on average a 2500-3000 discount. However, there is a ED promotion with Lufthansa Airlines of buy one get one free, but you still have to pay the taxes on the free ticket. Also depending on your location and time of year, sometimes you can find cheaper tickets yourself.

4. PD = Performance Center Delivery that's in S. Carolina (nothing to do with ED).

5. See #3, you already asked and answered.

6. Typically at least a week.
'bmw' gives you a 2.5 - 3k discount... u mean the dealer that one shopped around with, right? with ED, one isn't limited to inquiring dealers local to you, you can inquire on a national scale right? BMW can ED to your nearest dealer can't you? even if that dealer was not the one you ordered ED with, right?
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #205
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by abc
'bmw' gives you a 2.5 - 3k discount... u mean the dealer that one shopped around with, right? with ED, one isn't limited to inquiring dealers local to you, you can inquire on a national scale right? BMW can ED to your nearest dealer can't you? even if that dealer was not the one you ordered ED with, right?
the discount he's referring to is the difference between US invoice and ED invoice. Your question about delivering nation wide has been answered in the other thread. But just for the heck of it- yes BMW can deliver the car to a dealer near you. It's called courtesy delivery.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 10:26 PM   #206
rycecak3
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 3.28i

I am a poor college student. I would love to save some $$$. But I am still confused wether I should trust this program. Someone please tell me, I don't want to get scammed. I don't like the idea of paying 1 month ahead. No car, no money....
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 10:40 PM   #207
tkochh
Private
Rep
Drives: Alpine White E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rycecak3
I am a poor college student. I would love to save some $$$. But I am still confused wether I should trust this program. Someone please tell me, I don't want to get scammed. I don't like the idea of paying 1 month ahead. No car, no money....
Definately not a scame! Did ED back in May. Wonderful experience and I would do it again in a second. This is a BMW program! If nothing else, you can have a kick-ass vacation with the money you save doing ED. For me, that was the incentive. I was going purchase an E90 regardless and I had plans to take a vacation to Europe. Bottom line...a complete no-brainer.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 11:20 PM   #208
rycecak3
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 3.28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkochh
Definately not a scame! Did ED back in May. Wonderful experience and I would do it again in a second. This is a BMW program! If nothing else, you can have a kick-ass vacation with the money you save doing ED. For me, that was the incentive. I was going purchase an E90 regardless and I had plans to take a vacation to Europe. Bottom line...a complete no-brainer.
Sounds good!

Last edited by rycecak3; 07-10-2006 at 11:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2006, 12:04 AM   #209
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rycecak3
But I am still confused wether I should trust this program. Someone please tell me, I don't want to get scammed. I don't like the idea of paying 1 month ahead. No car, no money....
If you have any doubts about the program check out bmwusa.com and bimmerfest.com

bimmerfest.com has an entire forum on ED and you can ask anyone there if it's legit.

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2006, 09:31 AM   #210
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
If you have any doubts about the program check out bmwusa.com and bimmerfest.com

bimmerfest.com has an entire forum on ED and you can ask anyone there if it's legit.
true, those websites have great info, or you can go to my website that I put together: www.edBMW.com

it should answer most of your questions.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2006, 08:15 PM   #211
DC_335i_Sedan-to-be
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Anyone taking ED of a 335i sedan in Sept/October? I received verbal confirmation of my order through the local dealer but nothing written yet. Very excited about the twin turbo...glad I delayed my order somewhat...would have been very upset with the old 330i with the 335i on the horizon.

Last edited by DC_335i_Sedan-to-be; 07-28-2006 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 05:55 PM   #212
Shawn_speed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i 6Sp.

To anybody that has done ED:

I just got my production number and a delivery date of October 10th for a e90 335i. I took advantage of the Lufthansa two for one plane deal as well.

In order to compete the ticket transaction, they require the VIN number.

Any guesstimate as how and when I would be given the VIN number.

This also is important so I can get a handle on insurance costs.
I have already been told that the premium will be higher than a quote on the 330i because of the additional horses.

Shawn
Phoenix
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 05:56 PM   #213
Shawn_speed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_335i_Sedan-to-be
Anyone taking ED of a 335i sedan in Sept/October? I received verbal confirmation of my order through the local dealer but nothing written yet. Very excited about the twin turbo...glad I delayed my order somewhat...would have been very upset with the old 330i with the 335i on the horizon.
When is your delivery date? Have you gotten a production number yet?

Shawn
Phoenix
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #214
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn_speed
I just got my production number and a delivery date of October 10th for a e90 335i. I took advantage of the Lufthansa two for one plane deal as well.

You should get it once it's actually scheduled for production. For a Oct 10 pick-up, production will probably be the 1st week of Sept., so your dealer should be able to provide a VIN by the end of August, if not slightly earlier.

Appreciate 0
      08-03-2006, 02:49 AM   #215
horatiub
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Quote:
To anybody that has done ED:

This also is important so I can get a handle on insurance costs.
I have already been told that the premium will be higher than a quote on the 330i because of the additional horses.

Shawn
Phoenix
in the second half of August, you should be able to get the VIN number.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2006, 06:17 PM   #216
DC_335i_Sedan-to-be
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
When is your delivery date? Have you gotten a production number yet?

Shawn
Phoenix
I just received my production number today for pick-up in Munich on September 29.

Have you gotten firm pricing yet from your dealer? Mine has said approximately $3K than the 2006 330i but nothing formal yet. Also, have you gotten any word on the ED discount for the 335i E90, yet?
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #217
IrvRobinson
Banned
Rep
Drives: X3

If you still have questions or might be looking for even more information, check out our web site
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2006, 09:52 AM   #218
abc
Captain
Rep
Drives: 325

can anyone see this as a nightmare scenario that wouldn't be worth doing:

live and work in USA, but get transferred to Japan for 2 yrs, sometime within the two yrs, do ED from Europe to Tokyo, then bring it back to USA when the assignment is complete?
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #219
Shawn_speed
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC_335i_Sedan-to-be
I just received my production number today for pick-up in Munich on September 29.

Have you gotten firm pricing yet from your dealer? Mine has said approximately $3K than the 2006 330i but nothing formal yet. Also, have you gotten any word on the ED discount for the 335i E90, yet?

You should have firmed up your pricing and options by now.

Go to the e90 main thread on this forum or on the bimmerfest forum.

Both have a thread titled "complete MY 2007 e90 pricing including ED"

This document, available in PDF format, has US retail prices, ED retail prices, US Invoice AND ED invoice. The appropriate process to buy a BMW though ED is to agree to a specific dollar amount over European Delivery Invoice with the dealer of your choice.

There are quite a few different threads about negotiating strategy, good deals etc.

In any case you should not be in any doubt what your exact costs are at this time with the dealer. This is regardless of the form of financing. Cash, financed or leased. All the figures are available.

Shawn
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #220
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by abc
can anyone see this as a nightmare scenario that wouldn't be worth doing:

live and work in USA, but get transferred to Japan for 2 yrs, sometime within the two yrs, do ED from Europe to Tokyo, then bring it back to USA when the assignment is complete?
No such thing as ED to Tokyo. They only put the cars on a ship to the US. I'm not sure if the emissions, specs, import duties and all the red tape would be worth.

Appreciate 0