BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

05-24-2015, 08:13 PM   #133
Jim621
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i

Do you run the stock rear subframe bushes, or upgraded M3 ones?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #134
BMWX1-35i
2015 X1 35i XDrive with NAV
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 35i

Garage List
All stock
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2015, 12:09 AM   #135
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump Bump

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Ultimate, NAV & Cold Weather Package
MHD, FTP Motorsports Charge Pipe, Drop in K&N
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2015, 11:01 PM   #136
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump Bump

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2015, 07:30 PM   #137
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bump bump
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 12:47 AM   #138
Mr.Pink
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Well not to be a debby downer here, but you asked for opinions from people who have purchased and i will do exactly that. I have a 6MT 135i, install took a bit longer than expected due to modifications i had to make on the bracket for it to fit, the holes were atleast half an inch off... And you sent me standard sized bolts rather than metric, which is what my entire car uses..... But anywho i got it installed and have been running it, but i really honestly cant tell a difference, i was confident it would improve my wheel hop drastically but i cant say it has, i actually broke an axle the first time i launched the car after i installed the bracket.... Ad i was confident it wouldn't wheel hop. Needless to say my car has never seen a dig of any kind since. To me the bracket feels like its a placebo, i want to believe it made a difference but the realist in me tells me im stupid and the bracket didnt do anything but waste paypal funds.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2015, 08:28 AM   #139
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I'm sorry the bracket did not fit, you should have let me know. Out of the 25 or more I have sold you are the second one that had that problem. I can assure you the 6 speed bracket template was made right off a 6 speed 135i so, there is no question its correct. Now maybe variations in manufacturing or other factors may play a role (like modified suspension, accidents and so on).

As to the bolts, come on.. not metric? Thats being kind of ridiculous don't you think? If you broke an axle, thats not the fault of the bracket, that's you. As you increase traction on the tires to the road it puts added stress on the axles and that WILL happen. Has nothing to do with ANY bracket no matter who makes it.

As to it being a placebo, you are dead wrong. I had wheel hop very bad prior to installing my bracket on my 135. Now it's not an issue anymore. I just did this launch on my street the other day. My 135 is 400 hp at the wheels with 450 ft tq so, its no stock 135i..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pink View Post
Well not to be a debby downer here, but you asked for opinions from people who have purchased and i will do exactly that. I have a 6MT 135i, install took a bit longer than expected due to modifications i had to make on the bracket for it to fit, the holes were atleast half an inch off... And you sent me standard sized bolts rather than metric, which is what my entire car uses..... But anywho i got it installed and have been running it, but i really honestly cant tell a difference, i was confident it would improve my wheel hop drastically but i cant say it has, i actually broke an axle the first time i launched the car after i installed the bracket.... Ad i was confident it wouldn't wheel hop. Needless to say my car has never seen a dig of any kind since. To me the bracket feels like its a placebo, i want to believe it made a difference but the realist in me tells me im stupid and the bracket didnt do anything but waste paypal funds.

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 1
      07-14-2015, 10:11 PM   #140
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
By the way, if you had contacted me I could have worked with you to fix the problem. It could have been as simple as mounting the bracket on the pumpkin first then the subframe. The last guy I made a custom bracket just for him because his suspension was off for some strange reason and his was an Auto not a 6spd.

I don't make much on these brackets at all so, this is not a profit driven thing. It's just a hobby and I try to help others save some cash and get a good product.

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2015, 12:20 AM   #141
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
bump bump

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2015, 10:56 PM   #142
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Bumpy bumpy

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 01:46 AM   #143
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135droptop
Bumpy bumpy
I don't get wheel hop but i don't try lol

Does it feel stiffer?
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2015, 08:02 AM   #144
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 6MT

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
I'm sorry the bracket did not fit, you should have let me know. Out of the 25 or more I have sold you are the second one that had that problem. I can assure you the 6 speed bracket template was made right off a 6 speed 135i so, there is no question its correct. Now maybe variations in manufacturing or other factors may play a role (like modified suspension, accidents and so on).

As to the bolts, come on.. not metric? Thats being kind of ridiculous don't you think? If you broke an axle, thats not the fault of the bracket, that's you. As you increase traction on the tires to the road it puts added stress on the axles and that WILL happen. Has nothing to do with ANY bracket no matter who makes it.

As to it being a placebo, you are dead wrong. I had wheel hop very bad prior to installing my bracket on my 135. Now it's not an issue anymore. I just did this launch on my street the other day. My 135 is 400 hp at the wheels with 450 ft tq so, its no stock 135i..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Pink View Post
You asked for an honest opinion and got a negative one. Instead of taking his critique, you discredit his experience and attempt to disprove his claim. Your product didn't fit, and didn't perform as advertised, this time. Learn and improve!
      08-22-2015, 10:56 PM   #145
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexResistance View Post
You asked for an honest opinion and got a negative one. Instead of taking his critique, you discredit his experience and attempt to disprove his claim. Your product didn't fit, and didn't perform as advertised, this time. Learn and improve!
My bracket works, simple as that. If mine don't work, none of the other do as well because they are ALL based on the same system. Mine works and plenty of others that have purchased mine do too. So, don't chime in with your BS comment. I don't make much on this at all, I do it as a service to the community. So, I don't care if you buy one or not, your choice. But if someone is going to come in here and state what they think are facts which are not true, I'm going to pounce on them like it or not.

And his comment was not a critique, it was a view based on something he knows nothing about. Implying that the bracket caused his axle to brake tells me he does not know crap about what he is talking about.

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 10:59 PM   #146
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by red-sauerkraut View Post
I don't get wheel hop but i don't try lol

Does it feel stiffer?
It's stiffer you can bank on it. The bracket works period!

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2015, 11:02 PM   #147
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Anyone viewing this post, it makes no difference to me if you buy my bracket or not. You want to spend $200 to $500 on a bracket that does the same thing and it gives you a warm feeling with your disposable money, go right ahead. Otherwise save your cash and get mine. I offer a lifetime warranty, I'll replace or repair it if it brakes.

You can get a better deal than that? Go for it......

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 01:27 AM   #148
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Rgardless of wheel hop, what is the benefits? I care about money but mostly I care about what benefit i get and the quality of said product.

Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 04:59 AM   #149
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
There is no benefit and anything noticed is a placebo.
      08-23-2015, 07:57 AM   #150
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
You can think what you want, there are plenty out there who would disagree with you including me. Its clear you have no idea what your talking about.

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 08:13 AM   #151
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Admin, please lock or remove this thread. I'm done with dealing with people who just don't know crap and take my efforts for granted.

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 08:15 AM   #152
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
You can think what you want, there are plenty out there who would disagree with you including me. Its clear you have no idea what your talking about.
Don't get offended so easily. You consistently discredit any opinion that disagrees with your own and continue to have a bull headed, self centered attitude about your product. You're a backwoods hack with some angle iron and a welder. You made a box, drilled some holes, and made outlandish claims of massive improvements. Which there is no evidence to support.

Show me some empirical data showing how this fixes anything or improves the cars performance in anyway. Torque figures and angles of deflection please. Until you do any "improvement" is subjective and possibly a placebo.
      08-23-2015, 10:09 AM   #153
BMWX1-35i
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Don't get offended so easily. You consistently discredit any opinion that disagrees with your own and continue to have a bull headed, self centered attitude about your product. You're a backwoods hack with some angle iron and a welder. You made a box, drilled some holes, and made outlandish claims of massive improvements. Which there is no evidence to support.

Show me some empirical data showing how this fixes anything or improves the cars performance in anyway. Torque figures and angles of deflection please. Until you do any "improvement" is subjective and possibly a placebo.
You should be asking these same questions to the people who sell the same thing for outlandish prices. I don't have to explain myself to you. You make unqualified statements about it being placebo. How much racing have you done? I bet not very much. And as far as me being a backwoods hack, I have been a mechanical engineer most of my adult life and I have no need to explain myself to a someone how knows nothing about how to stop wheel hop. Its clear you are not a racer or someone who has any time in the seat at a track. Bring your new BMW which I'm sure you don't get your hands dirty on to a track with me and I'll put down $1,000 your car does not perform as well as mine, furthermore my track experience and road racing FAR exceeds yours. So, know what your talking about before you sling unfounded comments about something you don't know jack about.

Now, getting offended? I don't get offended I get upset when people like you toss ridiculous comments around who have no knowledge about automotive. "I broke an axle" has nothing to do with a bracket to stop wheel hop (loading and un-loading a axle). It just week axles plain and simple.

Now move on and stop trying to sound knowledgable.

2015 X1 35i XDrive
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #154
Solo_M_Tech
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M5  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

You should be asking these same questions to the people who sell the same thing for outlandish prices. I don't have to explain myself to you. You make unqualified statements about it being placebo. How much racing have you done? I bet not very much. And as far as me being a backwoods hack, I have been a mechanical engineer most of my adult life and I have no need to explain myself to a someone how knows nothing about how to stop wheel hop. Its clear you are not a racer or someone who has any time in the seat at a track. Bring your new BMW which I'm sure you don't get your hands dirty on to a track with me and I'll put down $1,000 your car does not perform as well as mine, furthermore my track experience and road racing FAR exceeds yours. So, know what your talking about before you sling unfounded comments about something you don't know jack about.

Now, getting offended? I don't get offended I get upset when people like you toss ridiculous comments around who have no knowledge about automotive. "I broke an axle" has nothing to do with a bracket to stop wheel hop (loading and un-loading a axle). It just week axles plain and simple.
You are making incorrect assumptions about my track experience. As such, I don't have to explain myself to you either.

It's very clear you are the sensitive type and don't know how to handle criticism. Have a nice day.