BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-07-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
SR32
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY11 135i CW 6Spd Man

A couple of questions regarding my 135i purchase...

Hey guys,

Hoping someone might be able to give me their $0.02 on the following deal:

Car will be ordered in next few weeks:

2011 135i
January 2011 compliance plated
6Spd Manual
Alpine White
Red Coral Leather
Harman Kardon
Business Nav
Mobile Extended Functionality
Heated Seats
Sunroof

Have been offered $84,300.00 Driveaway

What do you guys think of that deal?

The dilemma I have is my current car is an MY08 R32 that has been completely bulletproof (touch wood) and is out and out the best car I have ever owned (our other car is an S3 that doesn't come close for driving thrills - less animalistic! )

Has anybody else crossed over from an R32? I know I won't be disappointed...but gee its going to be hard to let her go!

Great forum btw! Have been a long time lurker, looking forward to joining the 135i brigade!

Steve
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #2
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Welcome Steve! seems to me like thats a pretty good deal mate. I know the R32 is a great car. I currently have a MKV GTI and an 08 135i, you wont be disappointed with the 2011 (N55) because its a beast and the colour combo you chose is awesome. The only thing is I personally would prefer the new Dual Clutch over the manual gearbox but thats just my $0.02
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 06:47 PM   #3
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Ok, so let's assume you've driven the car and know it's what you want.

Most people agree that you can negotiate anywhere up to 10% of the price of the vehicle, but what you'd also want to do is see what your options are. Prof nav seems to be the preferred option for most people I think too, but I'm not a fan of either on the 1'er at the moment so I can't really comment on it.

For example did you want to include scheduled servicing? Tint etc? Any BMW Performance bits (although a lot of us order from overseas and fit them later)? I have the BMW Performance SSK fitted to my car and am very pleased with it compared to the stock MT.

Ultimately it's going to come down to what you feel comfortable paying, as the car markets pricing is so opaque it's not funny. There's a good price for them and a good price for you, trick is to find it.

The 135 is a brilliant car IMO and I think if you liked the R32 you'll come to love the "baby" BMW even more, much like the rest of us do!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
SR32
Private
Australia
Rep

Hey guys!

Thanks for the replies!

I forgot to mention that I have access to the corporate programme so have free servicing etc.

I have just gotten off the phone from a mate that used to sell for BMW and he has given me a couple of tips to get a couple of grand off that price so we'll see I guess....hopefully might be able to get prof nav instead of business nav and keep the 84k figure.....fingers crossed! Bit of work to do!

I'm sure I will love the 1'er! I have test driven it (only in auto form) and still remember the grin from ear to ear it gave me!

Will be tinting aftermarket with Sungard "Eclipse" reflective....IMO the best tint out there!

Thanks for the tips guys, will keep you posted with how I go!
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
SR32
Private
Australia
Rep

Forgot to mention:

To owners with Coral Red interior:

Do you guys ever regret getting the red interior? (I'm pretty sure I won't - just wondering)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #6
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Ask tits. I mean Orlin.

My original order was for BSM with the CR interior, but changed it to Black overnight and glad I did. It's a personality thing, and I'm just not the CR leather type.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #7
Orlin
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

haha yes as mattyv pointed out it does come down to personal preference, it does kinda stand out like dogs nuts when the windows are down but I like the way it turns heads for me its all about contrast.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR32 View Post
Forgot to mention:

Do you guys ever regret getting the red interior? (I'm pretty sure I won't - just wondering)
The Coral leather is deff a head turner and looks awesome on a AW car.

The only drawback I found was that the darker blue/indigo jeans seem to stain the leather.

A quick wipe with a damp microfibre cloth seems to clean of the stains.

Also I use Macguires Gold Class leather cleaner to clean the whole interior, as the vert does collect a bit of road grime.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:14 PM   #9
BigBoss168
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 135i coupe manual

From my car industry contacts, it seems that car sales are pretty soft at the moment what with the wobbles going on in the global economy. Yes the media reported that June sales were strong, but that's deliveries rather than orders. The upshot of that should be that the dealers should be pretty keen to do a deal at the moment, so I would have thought you can do a little better than 10% off list price. The best deal that I have heard of from a member on these forums was something like 13-14% off list.

One thing you could try is to get a certificate from Cost Price New Cars - http://www.costpricenewcars.com.au/. I'm not associated with them but I did use them before I bought my 135i and thought their data was useful.

EDIT: Oops, looks like the cost price new cars site is down...
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:26 PM   #10
BBK
Banned
Rep
Drives: A boring one...

Garage List
2009 BMW 135i  [5.76]
Quote:
Forgot to mention:

For me, the CR was really the only option. Black = boring... (no offense to anyone who chose it!)

As Zuzu said, if you wear jeans a lot it can turn it a blueish tinge, but it's very easy to get off.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2010, 08:41 PM   #11
Blader
Lotus Exige ClubRacer
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY15 Lotus Exige CR

Garage List
2010 E88 125i  [0.00]
I have a 2010 125i Convertible in your spec less the Nav and I am totally happy with the car.

Love the colour combination and love the manual. I just enjoy the extra level of interaction with the car.

I haven't finished running it in yet but I am definitely enjoying the car.

I came from a VW Eos 2.0 turbo and about the only things better were the Dynaudio and the rear seat room.
      07-07-2010, 09:04 PM   #12
oz125
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: AW 125M sport convertible

My 125 is virtually the same as Bladers (nice pix Blader, that's what mine should look like if it's clean), and I second the AW and CR.
I saw similar combo when looking at an Audi before betting the 125, and that's what first sold me.
Thanks for the heads up though regarding dark blue jeans, so far so good.
Snap pants must be pretty colorfast, ...
      07-07-2010, 09:39 PM   #13
cozza
///Mthusiast
Australia
Rep
Drives: M135i (March delivery)

Have you considered the Terra leather? Not as bold as Coral Red, but a nice splash of colour nonetheless..
      07-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #14
SR32
Private
Australia
Rep

Hey guys,

Thanks for the input!

Alpine White on Candy Red it is! )

All things going well will be pulling the trigger next week.

Freakin ace!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 02:11 AM   #15
Alext
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: B M W

I might be a bit naive but how do you get a Jan 2011 complianced car ordered in July???

When will you receive the car...next year?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 05:02 AM   #16
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

On the topic of interior colours I chose black because the 135i was going to be a temporary option for me until something else came out. Sometimes a unique colour combo can throw off a sale. I remember looking at a few used cars and I couldn't pull the trigger on them because I hated the combo they used. Anyways, I had my eye on the new Z4 for a while but I ended up falling in love with the 1er so it's now here to stay.

My favourite colour combo would have been Black Metallic with Lemon interior but after seeing Black metallic with Coral Red, that looks really good too. If I could choose again I probably would choose an alternate interior colour but I'm still very happy with black. It is very easy to keep clean and it's nice and simple.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 06:25 AM   #17
135BANDIT
Second Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135 BMT & X5 Msport

Quote:
Forgot to mention:

Is this a serious question - CR rocks !!!!!! and it makes the car go faster

JD
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 06:43 AM   #18
fly135
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i Coupe N55

Garage List
2011 135i  [5.50]
This sounds like a pretty good deal but i think you might be able to shave a little more off it. Try ringing Private Fleet on 1300 303 181 or check out their website.

http://www.privatefleet.com.au/

You tell them the car and the specs that you want and they send/email the imformation out to all the BMW dealers in Australia and the dealers that are interested submit a tender. You then simply choose the cheapest quote. If the dealer is from inter-state, transport costs are automatically factored into the quote.

I ordered my 135 through them. Saves a lot of stuffing around and cant hurt to try...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 05:04 PM   #19
SR32
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alext View Post
I might be a bit naive but how do you get a Jan 2011 complianced car ordered in July???

When will you receive the car...next year?
Hi Alex,

My currrent lease on my R32 expires in Jan 2011. I generally prefer to get a January 2011 compliance vehicle (even though its made late 2010) as I find it easier to see a 2011 model in 3 years time....hope that made sense!

All quotes I have received have been based on a Jan 2011 comliance plated and delivered vehicle.

Have the driveaway price down to 83500. Aiming for anything under 83k to get the deal done.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 05:07 PM   #20
SR32
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
On the topic of interior colours I chose black because the 135i was going to be a temporary option for me until something else came out. Sometimes a unique colour combo can throw off a sale. I remember looking at a few used cars and I couldn't pull the trigger on them because I hated the combo they used. Anyways, I had my eye on the new Z4 for a while but I ended up falling in love with the 1er so it's now here to stay.

My favourite colour combo would have been Black Metallic with Lemon interior but after seeing Black metallic with Coral Red, that looks really good too. If I could choose again I probably would choose an alternate interior colour but I'm still very happy with black. It is very easy to keep clean and it's nice and simple.
Hi mate,

Thanks for the input. My previous car was black duco with a lemon interior. I know they can look pretty wild but it's also MAXIMUM maintenance. I'm pretty pedantic when it comes to even the slightest swirl marks so am giving that colour combo a miss.

Black cars can be amazing to look at. Not so amazing to own!
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 05:09 PM   #21
SR32
Private
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly135 View Post
This sounds like a pretty good deal but i think you might be able to shave a little more off it. Try ringing Private Fleet on 1300 303 181 or check out their website.

http://www.privatefleet.com.au/

You tell them the car and the specs that you want and they send/email the imformation out to all the BMW dealers in Australia and the dealers that are interested submit a tender. You then simply choose the cheapest quote. If the dealer is from inter-state, transport costs are automatically factored into the quote.

I ordered my 135 through them. Saves a lot of stuffing around and cant hurt to try...
Hi mate,

I have used private fleet but I have managed to get a price almost 2k less than their offer without even trying.

I'm guessing it would be more suited to an "in stock" car rather than a factory order.

Thanks for the tip though!

Steve
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #22
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Forgot to mention:

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum. No, it looks awesome!
Appreciate 0