BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

10-13-2011, 01:05 AM   #1
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep
Drives: ‘11 BSM 1M | ‘14 Caterham 485S

Almost there!!! Anyone else close to their break-in service?

Hey,
So I'm about to reach the 2000km mark!! I am at 1998kms and tomorrow morning I have an appointment for my break-in service.
Any thoughts about how the car feels right after this service?? Have any of you guys just had it serviced?
Attached Images

10-13-2011, 03:13 AM   #2
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Don't forget to print TWO reminders (one for the SA and one for inside the car for the Tech who will work on your car!) to make sure they have the correct trans oil (MTF-LT-5) on hand before draining!
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 05:46 AM   #3
evolution80
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: M3 F80 silverstone

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Don't forget to print TWO reminders (one for the SA and one for inside the car for the Tech who will work on your car!) to make sure they have the correct trans oil (MTF-LT-5) on hand before draining!

guess what just happened this morning?

i went to the dealer last week to make sure they have all the correct fluids on hand for todays 2000km service...

they wanted to use the 10W60 oil from the M3 so i told them it is not the correct oil...

then i showed up today, they changed motor and diff oil - and then, i had to show them kiyos scan on my iphone to determine the correct trans oil - and they were like: sorry, we dont have that in stock, you have to come back tomorrow

enjoy your cars
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 06:08 AM   #4
CH1M
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 1M AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
+1

Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep

No trans oil change for me
I am at the dealer right now and they are only going to change engine and differential oil according to their maintenance program.
They said there is also a slight reprogramming of the car that is supposed to fully loosen it so I am really eager to see that!!
      10-13-2011, 06:03 PM   #6
John Dunn
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M VO (late Sept)

Sí - acabo de recoger mi coche esta tarde! Ahora, aún más fantástico .

Points of interest. In Canada, at least at my dealership we do change diff oil (and they got it right) sorry Dackel (assuming Canada is still part of BMWNA). According to my service advisor it took 3.5 hours. Test drove only 5 km (such restraint). Feels even livelier and more responsive if that's possible, especially with the M button.

Diego, por favor, żpuedes recogerme al Aeropuerto Internacional Jorge Chávez el 04 de febrero, 2012?
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2011, 08:12 PM   #7
diegorst
Private First Class
Peru
Rep

So they called me this afternoon to tell me my car was ready to pick up. When I got there, they had changed the engine and differential fluids, they then told me that the transmission oil is also supposed to be changed but they don't have in stock so they will call me when it arrives, hopefully they will get it at the same time as my carbon fiber spoiler and carbon exterior mirror caps so they can do it all at once!

John Dunn - si me haces acordar de esto mas adelante, te recogeria feliz del aeropuerto en mi 1M!