BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #1
toreto
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW 130I

New Member. BMW 130I

Hello,

I have a new member in my garage, it is a BMW 130i e87 2006.

Also i have a 525d e60 LCI and a M3 E30 RACE CAR.

I share the first impresions of the 130I.

Engine:

The engine complete all my expectations, it has a masive power band i would say from 2500rpm to 7000rpm you always have a very good engine, it is not a M engine where the last 2000rpm revs clearly stronger but is good in everywhere and also pull hard in the top.

The only down side for me is the thrid gear is to long for a pure sport driving.

Handeling:

My car has the stock suspension not the M,.

The stock suspension has a overall good balance for sport/daily driving but for me i would like something stiffer with bigger swaybars, the problem here is that the car has not LSD and the you have to go for small sway bars otherwise it will be very easy to loose traccion on slow conners.

What is a total disaster is the run flat tyres they shouldnt be allow in a sport car.

The steering is quick and stiff as it has to be on a sport car, the only donwside is the feedback information for the road could be improved maybe i am taking as a reference my M3 E30 RACE car with DTM FRONT control arms where you have a extreme tyre steering wheel info.

The brakes are quite good for me taking in account that is one piston setup that is good for a daily driving car with less maintenance.

The stopping power is good and the brake pedal is stiff and mutch better that many other BMW i had drive.

Comming upgrades:

Eibach+bilsteim + HR SWAY BARS.

Front M3 E92 control arms.

Torsen LSD maybe a Mfactory with a 3.64 differential ratio, the other option is a M3 E92 differential that is a mutch cheaper option.

In this case i need some help.

Is it a direct replace the m3 e92 LSD differential to our cars or it needs other mods?.

PD: The stereo is really bad, it is amazing that a car at this price came with a really bad quality stereo.

Sorry for my english, i also need to improve this

Last edited by toreto; 03-24-2016 at 03:45 PM..
Appreciate 1