BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-27-2014, 06:14 PM   #23
one30five
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETmn View Post
Very nice! I need to give Chris hell. I have been on him for 6+ months to get an N55 turbo out there! I have known him since before he started MAP. I think this is going to be a perfect sized turbo for the car too.
I don't know the details, but supposedly they had a guy with n55 to do this, but he backed out or something. So when I popped in to ask "how the hell can I make this as fast as my N54 buddy who is always giving me hell?" he said well, we could do bigger turbo. we want to, but we only have the N54. I said "do you need a guinea pig?" and bam! Within 24 hours I was in.

Not a ton of N55 tuner guys around. I think Everyone who wants to tune has found themselves an N54
Royal Purple|Motul|Mann Filters|LUX
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 06:35 PM   #24
one30five
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iuhutch View Post
This is going to be epic!

Yes let me know how it is. 5inch, right? Is it still black? Take a pic or two for me if you can
Its a five inch. the inlet tube had a major blockage of flow. essentially at the elbow some flat aluminum from the end cap construction was protruding directly into the pipe and direction that air flows. So MAP cut off the inlet and modified it so there is a 100% smooth bore from the inlet, through the end cap, and the outlet.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #25
one30five
Private First Class
Rep

So you know what the "3002" looks like

The custom grill, visor, tail lights, 3002 badge are all DIY projects I did myself
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 08:30 AM   #26
one30five
Private First Class
Rep

I regret, kinda to say that this project is no longer going to happen. Tuner has changed directions with their shop and could not estimate when they may be able to get to this project started. Additionally, the Pure turbo group buy was too good to skip. Thought I should let everyone know, so you can delete this thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2014, 11:13 AM   #27
iuhutch
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18%E2%80%99 F80 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by one30five View Post
I regret, kinda to say that this project is no longer going to happen. Tuner has changed directions with their shop and could not estimate when they may be able to get to this project started. Additionally, the Pure turbo group buy was too good to skip. Thought I should let everyone know, so you can delete this thread.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like the stg2's will be coming out shortly and we cannot pass up the deal that pure has on their stg1 trade ins.
Appreciate 0