BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-12-2018, 10:33 AM   #1
stellutz462
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, GS430

Hi,
I just bought a modded 135i. Looking for a shop to look over this thing with a fine tooth comb. And advice would be greatly appreciated. Located in southern Westchester
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 01:56 PM   #2
carchrism5
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2, X3 M40i, 911

Your PMs were full so I'll just post back here. The link you sent had quite a bit of work done to it. Are you logging the car and monitoring data? I may have missed in the thread but there wasn't much info on the tuning. Could be useful to get readouts and check the tune to make sure everything is running properly.

I think for checking the entire car given the work done, you're really going to need to see a custom shop that does wiring too, not just a mechanic. AUTOcourture Motoring, Island Sport Works or Drive Auto Work in NJ may be able to help you out. I just can't really think of many shops that will touch something that modified without extensive history.

Good luck and congrats on the purchase.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 02:04 PM   #3
stellutz462
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i, GS430

Quote:
Originally Posted by carchrism5 View Post
Your PMs were full so I'll just post back here. The link you sent had quite a bit of work done to it. Are you logging the car and monitoring data? I may have missed in the thread but there wasn't much info on the tuning. Could be useful to get readouts and check the tune to make sure everything is running properly.

I think for checking the entire car given the work done, you're really going to need to see a custom shop that does wiring too, not just a mechanic. AUTOcourture Motoring, Island Sport Works or Drive Auto Work in NJ may be able to help you out. I just can't really think of many shops that will touch something that modified without extensive history.

Good luck and congrats on the purchase.
Awesome, thank you
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2018, 08:27 PM   #4
Mors
Rep
Drives: e36 M3, '13 135i

Motor works West is another great option in NJ, motorcepts in queens.
Appreciate 0