BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-15-2014, 02:00 AM   #23
hyphy1
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Instead of using the left-side cooler for cooling the ATF, would it be possible to utilize it for cooling the radiator coolant (secondary radiator)?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 03:06 AM   #24
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

We had a few stinking hot days here not long ago. My car was giving temp readouts of 46-48 degrees celsius and I never saw over 115 degrees for my oil temp. I was only putting around between 8-12 psi but I did give it a few pulls every now and again. This setup definitely works. Highly recommended if you're a track junkie or live in Australia where we see some of the harshest environmental conditions. It's basically summer here 9 months of the year.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2014, 08:02 AM   #25
___whoosh___
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
We had a few stinking hot days here not long ago. My car was giving temp readouts of 46-48 degrees celsius and I never saw over 115 degrees for my oil temp. I was only putting around between 8-12 psi but I did give it a few pulls every now and again. This setup definitely works. Highly recommended if you're a track junkie or live in Australia where we see some of the harshest environmental conditions. It's basically summer here 9 months of the year.
I originally wanted the Advan but couldn't get a firm price and shipping quote to the US so I went with Stett
I still have not installed it since they do not provide install instructions
I didn't feel like DIY fitting over a grand worth of parts so in a box it sits

buyer remorse = me
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 04:22 AM   #26
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by ___whoosh___
Quote:
I originally wanted the Advan but couldn't get a firm price and shipping quote to the US so I went with Stett
I still have not installed it since they do not provide install instructions
I didn't feel like DIY fitting over a grand worth of parts so in a box it sits

buyer remorse = me
It shouldn't take more than a couple of hours at a reputable workshop. Or you can always have a go at doing it yourself if you follow the various DIY online. If you do I recommend taking the entire front bar off to gain complete access.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2014, 03:22 PM   #27
sour97
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
I can confirm that it does fit, however it requires extensive trimming to unnecessary plastic shrouding on the car. The bracket used to hold the Setrab core is designed for the M sport bumper so it sits flush against the inside of the M sport bumper. The Performance bumper has a slightly different shape to it but it still works and looks great.

We've been seeing 38+ degree celsius quite a bit the past few weeks and the temps are always in check. Haven't been to any track days in a while but never had any issues when I was there. The core does take a beating due to it's mounted location so it will show signs of wear depending on how you use the car and where you drive etc. It does hold up pretty well though.

this is my personal experience, after 4 months or so, every fitting connected to the hose were leak, and one of the line have internal leak, so i end up replaced all the fitting and hoses, due to the fitting only for use once!! it was a pain in the ass and a huge mess!!
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #28
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
I have had the Advan Stage 2 oil cooler for the last 7 months and am always glad I got it. My car is FBO and I like to use the power it makes at every given opportunity - so a decent oil cooling system to match is the least you can do to keep the car happy.

Attachment 801946

I also got them to make me an ATF cooler for the other side.

Attachment 801947
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead. How's the transmission holding up after a few years with the ATF cooler?

Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 04:09 AM   #29
dashboy
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport DCT

Post some install pic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drawn05 View Post
I have had the Advan Stage 2 oil cooler for the last 7 months and am always glad I got it. My car is FBO and I like to use the power it makes at every given opportunity - so a decent oil cooling system to match is the least you can do to keep the car happy.

Attachment 801946

I also got them to make me an ATF cooler for the other side.

Attachment 801947
Hi, do you have any info to the AT cooler?
2012 135i M-Sport Coupe DCT ~ Marrakesh: Metallic Brown | Remus Sport Quad Axle Back | Koni Sport with Swift Spec-R | JB4 | CP Catless DP | Wagner FMIC | FTP IC Pipes | K&N Filter | P Zero 10mm wider | LED Angle Eyes | All LED interior-exterior lights | BMW Performance Pedals
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2015, 02:23 PM   #30
spxxx
Boost
Rep
Drives: 135i M-Sport

Love how popular ATF coolers are getting now, FYI I'm running a bit smaller of a core but have had no issues running it over the past 8-10 months (I think it's been ~8k miles) and 5 track days.