BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-24-2010, 02:47 PM   #1
mergen
Upstart
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i

FS Soon: 08 135i coupe/ AT (Colorado)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
This car will be going on the market soon. It has Steptronic trans. with Active Steering and almost all other available options/packages. I'm still working out a price and other details and I will not be available for showing it until January 20th or so. Anyone interested in a car like this should take a look, though. This is a great car. It has proven to be a good example of BMW engineering and has been treated very kindly by me, the owner and only driver. It is currently in my garage in Fort Collins, CO.

Car was ordered in November 2007 and delivered to me March 20, 2008. Current mileage is around 23,000. In addition to the standard 4 yr/50000mile BMW Warranty and service contract which expires in March 2012, it also has an extended warranty for 7 years/ 100,000 miles. This is a full "LuxuryCare"warranty with NO deductible and which covers all electronics, etc. Original price of the warranty was $3014. The warranty can be partially refunded to me if not wanted by the buyer.

I work offshore for two weeks then I'm off for two weeks. When I'm away the car remains parked inside, so it has been actually used only half the time that I have owned it.

I paid for a couple of oil changes before the free, recommended oil change. The first was at 1300 miles, the second was at 7500 miles. Since this car is driven very little, subsequent oil changes have been done annually instead of milage based. Still free from the dealer though. The next one was at 11,000 miles in August 09, then again at 17,500 miles two months later in Sept 09, after a VERY nice trip out to Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. The next and most recent oil change was in November 2010 at 22,000 miles.

This car has automatic transmission and was ordered with ALL AVAILABLE OPTIONS except for HD Radio and cold weather package. It DOES have the heated front seats, but NOT the "ski bag" that passes through the rear armrest. These are the only two components of the cold weather package. If you are wondering if it has this or that option, well it does, except for the above mentioned items. This includes Active Steering and Comfort Access, both of which perform flawlessly. I have a copy of the actual order that was placed, listing all options.

The exterior is Alpine White, interior leather is Terra. There was some confusion about the name of this color, often referred to as Terracotta. It was a "Priority 1" option, with option code LWB8. Pictures will clear up the actual color of the leather. Trim is black. (not woodgrain). The leather has been cleaned and treated regularly and is in great shape, as is the rest of the interior. Kid and smoke free.

The car has been in two HPDE events, both without doing any harm or damage to the car. I got "4" and "5" scores from the instructor in all categories except for the "Aggressiveness" category, where I got a "1" ! I went there to have some fun, not to tear up the car. Plus I'm getting old and I'm just not as aggressive as I used to be!

The runflats were replaced at 17,500 miles. The current tires are Yokohama S. drive tires. The installers left some sratches around the rims when they installed them, which I was furious about, but unfortunately that didn't help much. They are still scratched. No track events on these tires.

There have never been any HPFP issues. There was a recall on the seatbelt retractor which was completed in November 2010. The only real repair that has been needed on this car was a "Mechatronics sealing sleeve" started leaking and it was replaced under warranty in November 2010.

My wife and I have recently moved to Colorado, anticipating my retirement next year. Our transportation needs are changing due to this, so I've decided to part with this wonderful car.

I'll need to talk to the extended warranty company to find out the current value of the extended warranty and get my hands on the original envoice to see what I paid for the car before setting a price. KBB is putting it around 30K+, but I don't know how accurate that is. I wish there were a way to check actual "sold" prices on cars, like there is for houses.

Anyone wanting more info on this car can PM me for contact info. I should have it officially listed for sale by the end of January if a buyer doesn't appear before then.

Attached Images

Last edited by mergen; 12-26-2010 at 09:48 AM..
Appreciate 0