BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-25-2010, 10:17 PM   #23
Andrew@LutzPerformance
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1995 M3 GT35R

damn, man that sucks. We arent far from where you were, and people out that way suck at driving.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2010, 10:31 AM   #24
1quick35
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 BMW 135i, 1999 Audi A4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@LutzPerformance View Post
damn, man that sucks. We arent far from where you were, and people out that way suck at driving.
The accident actually happened in Tampa about 10 minutes away from the International Plaza Mall. I'm taking the car in to get fixed today and they are giving me a loaner car

JB3 2.0, KW Variant 2 coilovers, Riss Racing cat back with titanium tips, Riss Racing catch can, Active Autowerkes front mount intercooler, BMS dual cone intake, BMW Performance spoiler, black kidney grills and more...
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2010, 12:28 PM   #25
tbird
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Bianca" 135cic AW/TC

Garage List
2008 135cic  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremyc74 View Post
You do realize that Clearwater to Miami is going to be over 6 hours each way right? FL is a LONG state.

If you do go, once you're tired of the crazy traffic in Miami, head up to Ft Lauderdale. I can understand wanting to see Miami, but honestly you couldn't pay me to go there on vacation.
FLL is my town. I would say get a taste of both MIA and FLL.

Yes, we have crazy traffic, but all the Canadians are gone right now, so it's much less at the moment. Good bar, hit Bahia Cabana out on the bottom end of FLL Beach. Go down Las Olas Blvd to find good places for dinner. As for MIA, of course at least see South Beach, and then after 5 minutes of driving there, you can leave

As for Clearwater to SoFL, it depends on time of day and traffic, doing I75 the whole way, but it can be done in 4 hours. Doing "Alligator Alley" across the state is boring, but it is completely straight and completely flat, and people actually do get out of your way in the left lane, so you can have some fun.
2008 135cic, Alpine White/Terracotta Leather/BlackTop, Premium Package (Bluetooth, folding mirrors, etc), Sport Package with M Wheel, Navigation, Logic7 with HD and IPod and Sirius, Steptronic, M Aerodynamic Kit

2001 Focus ZX3, modified for fun commuting

Previous
2006 325xi
2002 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro
1984 Audi 4000S Quattro modified
1955 Ford Thunderbird
1969 Camaro modified
1993 Ford Explorer (basic hauling)
1984+1988 Ford Broncos
1993 Honda Civic (Commuter, junk)
2008 Mini (wife's car, AWESOME)
A few more
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2010, 11:58 AM   #26
Ash83
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i & RS5 (SOLD)/ 18 CTS-V

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbird View Post
FLL is my town. I would say get a taste of both MIA and FLL.

Yes, we have crazy traffic, but all the Canadians are gone right now, so it's much less at the moment. Good bar, hit Bahia Cabana out on the bottom end of FLL Beach. Go down Las Olas Blvd to find good places for dinner. As for MIA, of course at least see South Beach, and then after 5 minutes of driving there, you can leave

As for Clearwater to SoFL, it depends on time of day and traffic, doing I75 the whole way, but it can be done in 4 hours. Doing "Alligator Alley" across the state is boring, but it is completely straight and completely flat, and people actually do get out of your way in the left lane, so you can have some fun.

Last time i did alligator Alley in my way to Tampa I saw 3 state troopers hiding in different spots to catch ppl like us .

Performance: JB4|BMW PE|DP Cosmetics: BMW Sport Pedals|Black Kidney Grill
Appreciate 0