BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-01-2012, 03:15 PM   #1
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1M

Need advice re Spa F1 trip

My wife and I are thinking about going to the F1 race in Spa this year and it would be great to hear from others who have attended in the past or who have been to Spa. In particular, I'm interested in knowing what the area is like, what area of the track is best for viewing, where to stay, how bad is traffic to and from the race, are all the restaurants and places to stay packed, is there a shuttle service to the track, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Bimmer-Bob
!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 128i

Garage List
Might get more responses in the Racing section? You'll be able to capture folks from all the other BMW forums that way.

Don't know anything about Spa. Went to Brussels once, lol.
      07-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer-Bob
Might get more responses in the Racing section? You'll be able to capture folks from all the other BMW forums that way.

Don't know anything about Spa. Went to Brussels once, lol.
Thanks. I posted in the racing forum too.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2012, 10:44 PM   #4
CincyOne
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AW 135i

Haven't been to Spa for a number of years so things may have changed, but it's a beautiful track with a lot of good viewing. Do the old pit straight down to Eau Rouge and along the uphill straight. Also, the turns at the top of the hill and the start down the hill. I've walked all over and think these are the best. The 'bus stop' before the pits is also good. Parking was fine there, no need for a shuttle. There wasn't much in the way of accomidations, Spa is a small town. I lived in Brussels at the time and just drove over. Spa was my favorite Euro track. Hope you have a good time
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
ajshanny
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyOne
Haven't been to Spa for a number of years so things may have changed, but it's a beautiful track with a lot of good viewing. Do the old pit straight down to Eau Rouge and along the uphill straight. Also, the turns at the top of the hill and the start down the hill. I've walked all over and think these are the best. The 'bus stop' before the pits is also good. Parking was fine there, no need for a shuttle. There wasn't much in the way of accomidations, Spa is a small town. I lived in Brussels at the time and just drove over. Spa was my favorite Euro track. Hope you have a good time
Thanks. We are having a terrible time finding a place to stay, so we may not go now. Didn't realize how tight supply of rooms is during the race weekend.
Appreciate 0
      07-03-2012, 06:13 PM   #6
cvandenhaute
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW 128i, '19 Genesis G70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajshanny View Post
Thanks. We are having a terrible time finding a place to stay, so we may not go now. Didn't realize how tight supply of rooms is during the race weekend.
I am from Belgium. I invited a few clients a few years back and the closest hotel we found was in Cologne, Germany, about 2 hours away from the track. Spa is in the middle of nowhere (beautiful region though) and it is always a challenge to find a hotel at a reasonable distance, everything is always booked way in advance. I would avoid Liege if possible.