BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-16-2008, 03:40 AM   #1
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW

New One for Chile!!!

Hi 1addicts members, I have finally registered on this forum after visiting it almost all day long searching for answers, modifications and informing about my new car.
In my family we have always been bimmer fans and we still have some of them on our garage.
My current car is an 06' Cooper S with some mods on it; I completely love my Mini, but since I started reading about the arrival of a 1er coupe with the famous 3liter TT, I knew that was going to be my next car.
It seems that I will have to sell my MCS when the bimmer arrives (sad about it), but I think I won't be dissapointed with that evolution.
I am fron Chile, so it is very difficult to find other buddies who love cars and like to be informed about the cars they own. At my country there is available the 1 series hatchback but I haven't been able already to watch the coupe on the real life. One month ago and after waiting information on prices and availability of 1 series coupe on my country I received the news that they were able to sell it here.
So I have ordered mine and expect an early June delivery. My choice was an 135i with the M-Sport pack on a Le Mans Blau exterior, black boston leather, brushed alum. trim, Pro nav., comfort access, USB port,... well almost all options with the exception of the active steering which I found useless on this car. The wait is getting me nuts, I just want to recieve my car and test drive it. It will going to be the first 135 on Chile and the only one with mechanic transmission (because the guy in charge of the packages thinks they will be not able to sell them), all the others, that are going to be a few are coming with auto trans.
Hope I don't regret about my combo... It was very risky and difficult to make a desition without even looking at the car.

I will like to congratulate all you addicts for the forum you all have made; it is really a comfortable and respectfull place to burn time, to get informed about the 1's and to give an opinnion.
Hope to see more people posting from central/south america.

Sincerely,

LM135 aka. Chilean
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 06:04 AM   #2
TP 135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i SGM MT

Garage List
I don't think that you will regret any of your decisions. That combination should look great.
I agree 100% with the decision to not get the active steering. With the size of this car I do not think it is at all necessary and may even reduce the good steering feel that you will have without it.

Congratulations and Welcome :roundel:

2008 135i SGM
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 07:14 AM   #3
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

LM135 - welcome aboard!!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep

Thank you very much TP 135i and atr hugo, I hope to contribute on this great community.

TP135i: The only doubt I have at this moment is my choice of Le Mans Blau exterior and the 261M wheels on the car. My MCS is Dark Silver and I love that colour, there should be available an Space Grau option on 1ers, that one would be my choice for sure. But also I thougt that this car should stand out from the crowd, that's why I decided for the Blue, I think it will give the car an agressive and sporty M style.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
dclee1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Congrats and welcome! How are the Chilean roads?
      04-18-2008, 12:59 AM   #6
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep

Thanks dclee1!
The Chilean roads are the worse roads I have ever been..... On my MINI I can really suffer everyday when I go out. Now that we have a woman in charge of our country I can see that the solution is even more complicated. People has started some contests on finding the biggest holes on the roads of Santiago.... and still nobody fix them.
Safest roads: the near my house perimeter, and thats only because I frequently complain about the conditions of the roads.
In Chile there is not much automobilistic culture.... we don't even have good racing tracks for practicing this wonderfull sport... we have only a pair of mini-tracks.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 12:22 AM   #7
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM135 View Post
Thanks dclee1!
The Chilean roads are the worse roads I have ever been..... On my MINI I can really suffer everyday when I go out. Now that we have a woman in charge of our country I can see that the solution is even more complicated. People has started some contests on finding the biggest holes on the roads of Santiago.... and still nobody fix them.
Safest roads: the near my house perimeter, and thats only because I frequently complain about the conditions of the roads.
In Chile there is not much automobilistic culture.... we don't even have good racing tracks for practicing this wonderfull sport... we have only a pair of mini-tracks.
That's bad, especially for low profile wheels.

I suppose that's what happens when the people in government are more interested in lining their pockets than paving the roads.

Has that Mr Fujimori returned from exile in Japan to face prosecution yet?

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 12:37 AM   #8
Oregon
NRA Life Member, BMW CCA 30 year member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04' M3

Garage List
1971 2002  [0.00]
2004 M3  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
Welcome aboard, LM. Congratulations are in order for 'ordering' you car, pun intended. Please post some pics when he arrives in your beautiful country.

“To disarm the people is the best and most effective way to enslave them.” – George Mason
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
SCA1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 coming soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3syd View Post
Has that Mr Fujimori returned from exile in Japan to face prosecution yet?
That would be Peru, not Chile, mate.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2008, 01:38 AM   #10
d3syd
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i MT, LMB, ProNav

Garage List
2008 135i Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCA1 View Post
That would be Peru, not Chile, mate.
Oops, you're right.... sorry

Fun Car: 135i Manual LeMans Blue / Beige Leather / Grey Poplar / pro nav / euro plates. Delivered 24 June 08
Family Car: Land Rover Discovery 4 SDV6
Spare Car:
Volvo V70 Sydney Car: MB 420SEL
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 05:53 PM   #11
DEMENTEch
Speed Builder
Rep
Drives:

Hey saludos amigo!! bienvenido!!
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 07:22 PM   #12
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEMENTEch View Post
Hey saludos amigo!! bienvenido!!
Hahaha, seems you have already recieved your 135i!!! Im feeling a lot of envy!!! Congrats on you car.
I have been once at Puerto Rico, nice country!
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 10:57 AM   #13
Andres G
4s Club - Are you member?
Rep
Drives:

Hola Amigo Transcordillerano! Que bueno ver mas sudamericanos por aqui!

I'm originally from Argentina but I'm currently working on assignment in Arkansas through an intercompany transfer. Me and my wife also have a 135i with MT on order although we decided for a more "bare bones" type of deal... sports package only, not even power seats. This will be our track/fun car so we wanted full performance out of it.

Welcome and please post pics of your ride once you get it.

Final question: Are you from Santiago?

Cheers! Andres
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 06:00 PM   #14
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep

Hola Andres!! Un gusto tener hermanos argentinos en 1Addicts.

When are you expecting the arrival of your 1er?
I heard news from my dealer and my car is hopefully arriving on early June.... can't wait no more, and hoping to like my combo.

Yes, I am from Santiago. From wich part of Argentina are you?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2008, 02:46 PM   #15
Andres G
4s Club - Are you member?
Rep
Drives:

Hola!

I believe we're getting ours by early June as well... I can't wait either since we've got a track event on June 20th and I want to take the 135!

I am originally from Buenos Aires, but have most of my familiy in Bariloche.

I bet you're looking to driving on the Argentina side of the andes to let the car get some speed without getting jailed... i hear the Carabineros are not really forgiving.
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2008, 03:18 PM   #16
///Morgan
Private First Class
Rep

Nice!.... I will love to test drive my car on a racetrack; but as I said before, there are no decent ones at Chile.

I have been many times at Buenos Aires and even more on Bariloche.... we have made many trips from the MINI or Porsche Club to Mendoza and others to Bariloche.
I love Bariloche, it is such a nice location and the Llao-Llao hotel is very nice.
Carabineros are not even close to be forgiving.... recently I have recieved several tickets... most of them because of the front license plate (it is ilegal to ride without it, but this kind of cars look ugly with it), but I will be expecting more of them unless they change the law.

Cheers and hoping to hear soon on the arrival of your new baby 135
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2008, 04:02 AM   #17
Carlos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Well talking about road that ones in Peru are even worse, I am from Lima So I know, but then the matter of speeding is fine, the police won't stop you (there are no that many of them out there) and if they do you just give them some money and all good, so in that case it is a lot of fun, but since I live in Sydney, Australia, well I'll just have to take it to the track or take some back roads.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 10:33 AM   #18
imported_Shawn
Private
Rep
Drives:

The most nervous I have ever been as a driver or passenger has got to be Bogota. I see how Juan Pablo honed his skills, one year as a cabbie there ought to do it. Man, I miss the Andes.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2008, 04:30 PM   #19
jose
Rep
Drives:

Hi I am the first owner in Uruguay of a 135 i . I ordered it with M sport package. The car is great, it is the best BMW I´ve ever driven.
My only trouble is with the M rims and the RFT, the streets here are very rough and I already scratched a rim. I will have to buy thicker tires.
Hope to hear from you since the car has not arrived yet to Argentina nor Brazil, you might be the next lucky one!
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 02:15 AM   #20
boxerdog
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black Saphire 135i Spt & Prem

I lived in Quito, Ecuador for many years of my life and everyday I wish I could drive my 135 in the Ecuadorian Andes. Yes, the roads are bad sometimes but the fun of driving in the mountains without speed limits in a car that can handle the roads is a dream. In Minnesota, the roads give you no satisfaction at all. I'm waiting for summer to take is to the track. That will be the most fun I get out of my car.
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 02:17 PM   #21
hector
Captain
Rep
Drives: e46 330ci, e92 335i, 2008 128i

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
I lived in Quito, Ecuador for many years of my life and everyday I wish I could drive my 135 in the Ecuadorian Andes... driving in the mountains without speed limits in a car that can handle the roads is a dream. .
si, recuerdo el tiempo que pase en los andes, masticando las hojas de la coca, y imersiendome en los costumbres de la gente indigena, apriendo su manera de vivir, hacieno el amor con las hembras tan disponibles, asegurando que mi semilla se propagara por toda la tierra y olvidando poco a poco la vida que habia dejado atras, que ya ni yo ni ello me reconociera.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2009, 08:40 AM   #22
Diego@Lutzperformance
Chile
Rep
Drives: bmw

Hola, yo Tambien soy chileno!...
Si necesitas cualquier parte para el auto, no dudes en mandarme un mensaje.
Diego
Appreciate 0