E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Everyone wants to race!!!

11-08-2005, 05:45 PM   #67
trurace
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i ON THE WAY

I am so sick of all of these people talking about street racing and how stupid and unsafe it is. But i think everyone in here is guilty of going 100+ mph (racing or not). I am pretty sure that is unsafe and illegal

Last edited by trurace; 11-08-2005 at 05:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 05:51 PM   #68
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Guess what, it happened to me yesterday.

I was driving home from work later at night. After a certain hour I take the HWY 'cause traffic is gone and I can stretch the car.

So am doing something over the posted limit in the three digitis (km/h) in the right-hand lane. I let traffic merge behind me and one of the cars was a Nissan X-Trail. This guy follows me for 2-3 minutes and then slams on the accelerator, pulls in the left lane passes me pulls ahead and plops himself one car length ahead..... I am thinking to myself WTF?

I of course I let it all go, but I would have never thought my car instills such feelings of .....I don't know what, in other drivers-especially when you are driving A PICK-UP TRUCK WITH A CAB!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 05:53 PM   #69
trurace
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i ON THE WAY

[QUOTE=shimshimhada]

First off, I don't care if street racers die, in fact, it's great that they're helping out the human race get rid of morons. It's when innocent bystanders and motorists get injured or involved that I start caring. It seems that you're the type of person who likes to street race; fine-you're not a ricer, you're a fucking idiot.

What kind of sh*t is that to say. That is totally uncalled for. Usually it is the retarded motorist that get the street racers killed. I am not saying that street racing is right but know what your doing if you do
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #70
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by trurace
I am so sick of all of these people talking about street racing and how unsafe it is. But every1 in here is guilty of going 100+ mph (racing or not). I am pretty sure that is unsafe and illegal

Remember, speed doesn't kill people, going faster than yo can handle it does. I have lived in a country far-far away where the regular non highway roads have as a limit a speed which is higher than any HWY the USA (I exclude the sate that shall remain nameless which doesn't really have any speed limits) and where, on the HWY, you HAVE to check your rear view mirror every 2-3 seconds when you pass because you NEVER know who is goin' much faster than yo.

To obtain a drivers licence in said country is a very difficult process. The courses are tough, the exams is tough and you really have to learn to master your car. Those drivers are good drivers on average. They are all used to speeds much higher than here and they drive safely thank you very much at those speed (I am talking on average here).

Speed in and off itself is never an issue. Speeding when road or weather conditions do not permit it, going faster than one is capable of going (admitedly a difficult thing to control) and going much faster than neighbouring traffic (which takes way from your reaction time) those are all of the evils we should condemn.

Oh, yeah, street racing is dangerous because the circuit is not a controlled enviro. A much better place are race tracks where, for a couple of bucks you can drive the s---t out of your car if you you so please.

Amen - boy, I think this was my first preaching.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 06:53 PM   #71
lwongveros
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Bimmerista, I'm in complete agreement with what you've stated, all true...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2005, 08:43 PM   #72
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

[QUOTE=trurace]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada

First off, I don't care if street racers die, in fact, it's great that they're helping out the human race get rid of morons. It's when innocent bystanders and motorists get injured or involved that I start caring. It seems that you're the type of person who likes to street race; fine-you're not a ricer, you're a fucking idiot.

What kind of sh*t is that to say. That is totally uncalled for. Usually it is the retarded motorist that get the street racers killed. I am not saying that street racing is right but know what your doing if you do
...you've got to be kidding me. All street racers are "retarded motorists".
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2005, 03:39 AM   #73
poldim
Vroom Vrrooooom
Russian Federation
Rep
Drives: 330i

Garage List
2006 330i Sedan  [0.00]
2003 GSX-R 600  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by underDAWG
1. Rev your engine a few times and signal the other driver that you want to race. Let him smoke you, and then you pull out normally. When you get to the next red light, do that same thing.
2. Roll down your window, tell him he can go first, you can catch up with him.
3. Pick the worst feather of his car, and compliment him that it is hot and cool and you wanted to install on your BMW.
4. Pretended you are gay, get a date with him.

lmao, my friend and I are going to do this next time we goto walmart, since everytime I've gone someone from the car club revs at me....

SG | Beige Dakota | Poplar || iDrive w/MP3 | PP | SP | CWP | PDC | Comfort | Shades || 40% Tint
| Black Line Tail Lights | Hardwired V1
Appreciate 0