BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

04-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #1
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
Suggestions for dent/hail damage repairers

This isn't about 1series at all, but my girlfriends golf got shat on from that hail storm. Luckily it was approved to be repaired by racv today. I wasn't at the assessment but as i understand it we still have the choice of repairer. So just wondering if you guys know anyone good to remove the dents and repaint it.
I have been to charlie batiste before who has done a great job but do not know if they will repair such dents...
anyway, all suggestions welcome.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2010, 12:42 AM   #2
E92325i
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: E92 325i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksgoh View Post
This isn't about 1series at all, but my girlfriends golf got shat on from that hail storm. Luckily it was approved to be repaired by racv today. I wasn't at the assessment but as i understand it we still have the choice of repairer. So just wondering if you guys know anyone good to remove the dents and repaint it.
I have been to charlie batiste before who has done a great job but do not know if they will repair such dents...
anyway, all suggestions welcome.
Just take it to Charlie, he won't knock the work back. I've used them numerous times and work is always great
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #3
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
sounds good, the car will be taken in soon for the quote.
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 01:37 AM   #4
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
my gf took the car into charlie batiste.. they said that if they did the work that the car would be a write off as they would replace all the damaged panels... so i guess racv is only willing to pay to fix it via paintless dent removal.... so anyone know a good shop??
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 02:10 AM   #5
E92325i
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jksgoh View Post
my gf took the car into charlie batiste.. they said that if they did the work that the car would be a write off as they would replace all the damaged panels... so i guess racv is only willing to pay to fix it via paintless dent removal.... so anyone know a good shop??
Hmm so you don't want the car to be written off?

I would go back to RACV and tell them that CB (an authorised VW repairer) said that the only way to get the car 100% back to it's original state before the accident would be to replace all damaged panels.

I don't understand how racv could give you a limit on the repair amount and hence force you to get it repaired by a dent removal person?

You pay for full comp insurance and you have a choice of repairer, drop the car off at your preferred repairer (CB or whoever else it may be) and let RACV deal with the repairer...

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 02:21 AM   #6
jksgoh
Major
Australia
Rep

Garage List
2008 E82 125i  [0.00]
e92325i,
well thats what i thought, you should be able to choose what ever repairer you want, especially if they are approved by racv.

we dont really want to go down the road of it being written off, as she will only get market value, and hence will have to pay out quite a bit to get a new comparable car.

hmm.. think i or my gf will be talking to racv again to sort this out properly...
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2010, 02:41 AM   #7
E92325i
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Yeah i think you need to stand firm with RACV. I had problems with them during the repair of my car when it was rear ended by a taxi. My problem was that the taxi's insurance claim was rejected (not sure why) and RACV was hesitant of getting stuck with a very expensive repair bill as they were unsure of how much/how long it would take to recoup the money back from the other party (taxi driver).

I gave the manager a long blasting and from then on they didn't give me any trouble and they called several times to make sure i was 100% happy with the repair

Although i understand the issue with market value, maybe it's worth asking how much the market value is and then go from there?

Market value shouldn't be too bad considering it's a Golf (they have strong demand and residual value)?
Appreciate 0