BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-12-2022, 01:59 PM   #1
Bimmerbarn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2009 blue 135i M-sport

Asking price for N54 135i

I need help figuring out what my car is worth. It’s a super clean 2009 135i, N54. Lemans blue over black leather with grey suede seat center inserts. Paint was corrected and ceramic coated this year and the coating has a 7 year warranty. 83k miles, 6 speed manual. Single hump no I drive. It’s on OZ racing wheels, TC Kline coilovers, m3 subframe bushings, and has a brand new wavetrac LSD. Engine mods include Pure 600 turbos, bigger FMIC, charge pipe and BOV, burger dual cone intake, upgraded LPFP, fuel it Bluetooth e85 ethanol analyzer, MHD tunes for 91 and E30 mix, turbo inlets and outlets, catless downpipes, berk street mid pipes and catback. The clutch was replaced 5k miles ago with a 335is clutch and a m factory single mass flywheel. It’s also got new stop tech slotted rotors and cool carbon pads. Aesthetic stuff includes angle eye white headlight bulbs, shadow line tail lights, carbon mirror caps, and a carbon lip spoiler. The car had brand new headlights installed at the time I put the bulbs in due to a moisture issue in the old headlights. I’m sure I’m forgetting other things I’ve done to the car. It’s run flawlessly for me for the past 6 years, I’m going to part ways with it for an air cooled 911. I’ve got receipts for all the mods, and dealership maintenance records for all service work done in the last 6 years. Regularly walnut blasted, oil and brake fluid changed every year regardless of miles. I only drive it about 3-5k miles a year.

Any ideas on value would be much appreciated, obviously I’ve spent a lot on the car and likely won’t get all my money out of the mods.
Attached Images

Last edited by Bimmerbarn; 06-12-2022 at 02:06 PM.. Reason: Adding more information
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2022, 02:52 PM   #2
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

In my opinion, if you're expecting a lot more over a bone stock car, you're going to have a hard time getting it. This car is for a specific buyer and even then it takes a leap of faith for the buyer to trust the mods were done correctly, the car wasn't beat to death, and the buyer is looking for those exact same mods.

Typically, it's best to strip the mods where you can and sell them separately from the car.

After going the mod crazy phase in my life, I now buy the car with the performance potential I want stock from the factory. Any mods/tunes would be minor to tailor the car to my preferences. So if I sell the car, I won't be looking at a situation where I've dumped all that money into mods and thinking I'm giving away the farm.

The above also applies to how I approach my sport bikes.
Appreciate 4
bnace10144.50
10"4976.00
Afam28298.00
      06-17-2022, 07:23 AM   #3
10"
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: orange BMW 1M.

whatever the blue book price is—mods
usually don't add any resale value, IMO.
      06-27-2022, 05:57 AM   #4
Allen Aquino
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWM8 Gran Coupe

What price did you finally go for em??
Appreciate 1
Mosset0.00