BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-08-2011, 01:40 AM   #23
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

The service department from Bib Stillwell South Yarra, despite having been given over one week's advance notice by telephone and by email, did not have the specific transmission oil. In fact, they were not even aware of the service schedule - even dismissive of the fact that this was required. I shall have to return again in a fortnight's time after losing one day

I therefore recommend to fellow 1M owners, who are yet to have their 2000km run-in service, to communicate directly and perhaps repeatedly with service staff about the issues mentioned on this forum in order to avoid similar and unnecessary frustrations.

Regarding professionalism, I cannot recommend that prospective customers engage with Bib Stillwell BMW Group despite my three year association.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 01:46 AM   #24
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2C HS 6MT

That's a pain Tim..

I only hope that my dealer is more prepared.. I have already prepped them in advance and I will be third 1M in for the 2K service..Fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 02:04 AM   #25
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianf2002 View Post
Not a good sign that Sylvania gave you 2 bottles of the wrong 10W60 oil as a gift though Joe
True.. And I questioned the tech about the oil as he was still uploading the Sat nav maps..
And he just nodded that it was the correct oil..

EDIT: calender note for tomorrow.. DONT forget to ring up change the oil.
Actually just remembered that they are sending down a tech to pick up my OEM mid pipes tomorrow to swap back my precious midpipes.. Will call them early.
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 02:12 AM   #26
timbo_3101
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slow

Thanks Zuzu, hope you enjoying your new toy. No regrets for my part, but just a cautionary note!
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 09:52 PM   #27
Zuzu
Major General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuzu View Post
True.. And I questioned the tech about the oil as he was still uploading the Sat nav maps..
And he just nodded that it was the correct oil..

EDIT: calender note for tomorrow.. DONT forget to ring up change the oil.
Actually just remembered that they are sending down a tech to pick up my OEM mid pipes tomorrow to swap back my precious midpipes.. Will call them early.
Dealer swapped over the oil to the Castrol BMW LL-01 5W-30 and even had it hand delivered to my business..

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbo_3101 View Post
Thanks Zuzu, hope you enjoying your new toy. No regrets for my part, but just a cautionary note!
Loving it with every start of the ignition..Truely awesome machine and without a doubt, great value for money.
Appreciate 0