BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-08-2008, 01:59 PM   #23
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Yeah, even that picture has different tints to it.

Could make a great getaway car in future - no witnesses will be able to describe the colour - Officer it was red, no orange, no pink...:biggrin:
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 02:03 PM   #24
B25 Jim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Hehe yea,
It's been hard enough to try and describe.... I picked up one of the sedona models from bmw-online... that is as close to the color as I saw... they may even use the actual paint... but if you're worried about ordering, pick one of those up. It'll give you a very good idea.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #25
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by B25 Jim View Post
Hehe yea,
It's been hard enough to try and describe.... I picked up one of the sedona models from bmw-online... that is as close to the color as I saw... they may even use the actual paint... but if you're worried about ordering, pick one of those up. It'll give you a very good idea.
One little problem, I'm in South Africa and need to finalise details by Friday. Thanks for all the help, much appreciated.
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 12:41 PM   #26
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I pulled the trigger on the Sedona (and no not to shoot it as many would like) and have finalised my spec - dealer to place order tomorrow: :thumbup:

135i, Sedona Red, Black leather, brushed aluminum, 261 style m-rims, sun-roof, xenons, rear pdc and usb ipod connector. (No need to add SP as sports seats are standard for us here) although I am adding the M-steering wheel and gear knob as options, and all this for "only" $56,000

Thanks to B25 Jim and e90_m3 for the feedback and help provided.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 12:59 PM   #27
B25 Jim
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Congrats!:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2008, 03:10 PM   #28
e90_m3
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA135i View Post
I pulled the trigger on the Sedona (and no not to shoot it as many would like) and have finalised my spec - dealer to place order tomorrow: :thumbup:

135i, Sedona Red, Black leather, brushed aluminum, 261 style m-rims, sun-roof, xenons, rear pdc and usb ipod connector. (No need to add SP as sports seats are standard for us here) although I am adding the M-steering wheel and gear knob as options, and all this for "only" $56,000

Thanks to B25 Jim and e90_m3 for the feedback and help provided.
Congrats! What range is your production #?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 08:27 AM   #29
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Have not got production number yet. There was a little heated debating with the dealership this morning. Seems I could not order the 261 rims without sport pack, so I took the plunge and added sport pack. Got the dealer to throw in a BMW "high performance" driving course on the house so I can practice hitting the apex in some high speed corners around the Kyalami race circuit. Will be great as I have never driven on a track before.:thumbup: (I believe we get to try a 335i and/or Z4 M Coupe)

Order only finally placed a few hours ago :drinking:- will contact dealer tomorrow again for production number. Dealer says BMW were pushing them to finalise as they wanted to start building, so hopefully it is soon.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 08:34 AM   #30
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
great choice in options! your 135i is going to look like the ones in the ad exactly!

56k thou... ouch i am not going to complain about my $ again...

good luck and hope you get it built soon!
      01-10-2008, 08:45 AM   #31
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzodesh View Post
great choice in options! your 135i is going to look like the ones in the ad exactly!

56k thou... ouch i am not going to complain about my $ again...

good luck and hope you get it built soon!
Thanks, although with the latest addition of the SP it is now closer to $58k and that's without most of the other items being added here such as premium pack, heated seats, premium hi-fi, navigation etc.

Hopefully the Sedona does not turn out to be pink :wink:
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2008, 10:49 AM   #32
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleA View Post
I saw a sedona red 128 at the auto show in Phoenix and it honestly looks a lot worse in person, it was really dull. Maybe it was just the lighting but i would never consider it. The pictures we've seen show it as being much darker.
Completely agree. I saw it in Indy and was underwhelmed.
Appreciate 0